IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2010, 04:37 PM

NitakyCom is a tad dodgyNitakyCom is a tad dodgyNitakyCom is a tad dodgyNitakyCom is a tad dodgyNitakyCom is a tad dodgyNitakyCom is a tad dodgy
Arrow ££.com

Hello,
I am selling again this super nice rare 2 characters domain!
-------------------
££.com
-------------------
Super nice short finance domain, really rare 2 characters for sale!
All £, ££, £££ are registered in all most extensions, even £££££.com and £££££.net are registered!

Waiting your offers via Sedo one the following page :
https://sedo.com/search/details.php4...d=&language=us

Your offer only by Sedo, by PM or email : info@nitaky.com

Welcome
Old 19th October 2010, 02:45 PM

NitakyCom is a tad dodgyNitakyCom is a tad dodgyNitakyCom is a tad dodgyNitakyCom is a tad dodgyNitakyCom is a tad dodgyNitakyCom is a tad dodgy
Re: ££.com

already received some contacts and offer ...
A rare nice IDN for sale!
Your offers are always welcome via PM or directly via Sedo page
Old 19th October 2010, 03:49 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

FYI : http://www.idnforums.com/forums/27334-%C2%A35-com.html
Old 19th October 2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Please i think you didn't understand the matter, its impossible from a short time to register any new domain witch contain '£', for exemple if you try to register £125478962548.com its say impossible but who already own any '£' domain can always renew it and use it as he wants, for example www.£.com work always and its redirected to an other domain, £.com is registred till 2018 and i think the owner can use it as he likes without any problem!

for my ££.com, as a test, i just renew it exactly NOW for 1 more new year and it work without any problem, you can try it : www.££.com

Like this, i can tell you that who have such premium "£", for example £.com and my ££.com are really lucky because we will be the only one have such rares domains because simply its impossible to register a new '£' domain but for me i have always my ££.com and it work well and this make my ££.com more important and more rare so more and more value!
Old 19th October 2010, 05:36 PM

squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Look, I don't mean to torpedo your sale, but consider the following:

1) IDNA stands for Internationalizing Domain Names in Applications. If the applications can't handle your domain, what's the point ?
2) Your empirical example is misleading. You were able to renew your domain because IDNA2008 has not been implemented yet
3)The transition from IDNA2003 to IDNA2008 is explained here: http://unicode.org/faq/idn.html
IDNA2003 -> UTS #46 -> IDNA2008.
There is absolutely no mention of grandfathering rules or «droit acquis».

Old 19th October 2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Look, I don't mean to torpedo your sale, but consider the following:

1) IDNA stands for Internationalizing Domain Names in Applications. If the applications can't handle your domain, what's the point ?
2) Your empirical example is misleading. You were able to renew your domain because IDNA2008 has not been implemented yet
3)The transition from IDNA2003 to IDNA2008 is explained here: http://unicode.org/faq/idn.html
IDNA2003 -> UTS #46 -> IDNA2008.
There is absolutely no mention of grandfathering rules or «droit acquis».

Please can you show me exactly where they speak about '£', i find that the new rule work more on arabic and hebrew IDNs because i can tell you that there are always problems with IDNs in those 2 languages ... as example the new rules try to help to avoid for example the problem related to four special characters :
------------------------------------------------------------------
U+00DF ( ß ) LATIN SMALL LETTER SHARP S
U+03C2 ( ς ) GREEK SMALL LETTER FINAL SIGMA
U+200C ( ) ZERO WIDTH NON-JOINER
U+200D ( ) ZERO WIDTH JOINER
------------------------------------------------------------------

You said "I don't mean to torpedo your sale" but sorry at the same time you speak about a thing without having any real sources or any real example, i will be happy if you can give me and for others members real reason that proove that my ££.com will not work after and when it will happen?!!!
Old 19th October 2010, 06:08 PM

This is my source

Quote:
which refers to http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5892.txt

RFC5892 opens with the following words

Quote:
This document specifies rules for deciding whether a code point,
considered in isolation or in context, is a candidate for inclusion
in an Internationalized Domain Name (IDN).

It is part of the specification of Internationalizing Domain Names in
Applications 2008 ( IDNA2008 ).
If you scroll down, there are several annexes, which, in essence, form a huge table which has virtually all the Unicode 5.2 code points and a mention of their inclusion/exclusion in IDNA

Code point 00A3, which is the pound sign, is part of the disabled block 007B..00B6.
Old 19th October 2010, 06:11 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/idna.jsp?a=££.com

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 19th October 2010 at 06:12 PM..
Old 19th October 2010, 06:21 PM

I still find your arguments very fair and not built on real points and i still always beleive in my ££.com and happy for it!
All i can say, great thx for your ideas, you are always welcome
On an other side, wait & see!
Old 19th October 2010, 06:47 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

If you try to sell this, you would be selling a product that you know has been recalled. Not particularly a good business practice.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 19th October 2010 at 06:51 PM..
Old 19th October 2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
If you try to sell this, you would be selling a product that you know has been recalled. Not particularly a good business practice.
especially you, i never seen any good answer from you on the forum cos i know always your way of thinking is just to pollute others threads, even before they started to speak about this new rules, you always said bad ideas about my ££.com, this if mean, it mean that you have perhaps always bad ideas or in reality you try always to give bad ideas about others but the truth is that your ideas are the bad!

I am since long time in business and i do only good deal and pro business practice, as i said, you are all wlecome
Old 19th October 2010, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

££.com will break when the new IDNA standard is adopted by browser manufacturers. It will CEASE TO WORK.

Any domains with symbols in them are WORTHLESS.

It will be interesting to see which registrars kill such domains, and which ones allow them to be renewed even though they are dead - that will speak volumes.
Old 19th October 2010, 07:45 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

This is quite painful to watch
Old 20th October 2010, 02:47 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitakyCom View Post
even before they started to speak about this new rules, you always said bad ideas
You are quite wrong. Read the old threads on symbol domains, I was one of the strongest supporters, and it was my request a symbol domain forum category was created on this site. But the technical standard is what it is.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 20th October 2010 at 02:48 AM..
Old 20th October 2010, 05:11 AM
Veteran

Quote:
especially you, i never seen any good answer from you on the forum
Do you own any IDNs besides the £ ones?

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 20th October 2010 at 05:25 AM..
Old 20th October 2010, 07:09 AM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
This is quite painful to watch
Indeed it is.

Quote:
Please i think you didn't understand the matter, its impossible from a short time to register any new domain witch contain '£', for exemple if you try to register £125478962548.com its say impossible but who already own any '£' domain can always renew it and use it as he wants, for example www.£.com work always and its redirected to an other domain, £.com is registred till 2018 and i think the owner can use it as he likes without any problem!

for my ££.com, as a test, i just renew it exactly NOW for 1 more new year and it work without any problem, you can try it : www.££.com

Like this, i can tell you that who have such premium "£", for example £.com and my ££.com are really lucky because we will be the only one have such rares domains because simply its impossible to register a new '£' domain but for me i have always my ££.com and it work well and this make my ££.com more important and more rare so more and more value!
Old 21st October 2010, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Using the new version of UnicodeChecker for Mac with IDNA version 20908 switched on, we get...

Conversion NOT successful.
Invalid U-Label. 4.2.2. of RFC 5891: U+00A3 is DISALLOWED

The symbol party is over.

I'd already cut up my credit·cards.com and luckily avoided an əɓɐɓʇɹoɯ.com

I'll give ⨀⨀.com a last squeeze before amputation takes place. That's my2¢.com
Old 21st October 2010, 06:54 PM
Veteran

əɓɐɓʇɹoɯ.com is IDNA2008 Valid
Old 21st October 2010, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Well, bugger me, you're right.
Old 22nd October 2010, 06:31 AM
Administrator

All the Arabic domains with tatweel's (ـ) die.