IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th September 2010, 10:18 PM
Premium User

basel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to basel
whats wrong between alexa.com and IDNs

hello friends

im one from little guys that developed a idns projects in arabic language

BUT

before 2 to 5 years i saw the growing in alexa rank from the 10million to 29k in alexa ranking so every thing was ok

Now whats happened , i developed 4 sites some of this 4 sites getting more than 5000 visitors every day and some of this sites go with thousands active members join and check the sites functions every days

the problem is the alexa rank from 7 month is 10million no update and no changes

i tried the alexa tools and i add the sites to different browsers im number one in google first and second pages but i start believe from i read beofre that alexa in not trusted in stats

ok its 4 different sites in same problem in different hosting in different categories same in no growing or updates in alexa ranking

also top important i dont have false traffic to the sites , this sites growing step by step and the traffic increase monthly and still never put some ads in high traffic other sites

what do you think ?

thanks
basel

Last edited by basel; 29th September 2010 at 10:29 PM..
Old 30th September 2010, 12:13 AM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road
Re: whats wrong between alexa.com and IDNs

hi basel,

list your site with alexa, you may get attention this way

try
http://www.alexa.com/siteowners

go the link they will tell you what to do

good luck
Old 30th September 2010, 02:34 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

I still don't understand why people need Alexa rank. Anyone care to explain?

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 30th September 2010 at 02:34 AM..
Old 30th September 2010, 04:50 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Its about as much use as Moody's credit rating!
Old 30th September 2010, 11:46 AM
Premium User

basel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to basel

hey g thanks but i used all the tools for adding the sites before development

its a problem with idns only in general from 7 months , other all development sites are work well

yes i may not care of alexa but as you said 90% of the people using it so i should care of it because some times they use the rank in estimate the value of your site when you sell it or partner it or anything else

for me i beleive in revenue/traffic/growing more than that alexa rank but as i said im not alone in the development opinion so if people trusted alexa i need only my real ranking not more

many thanks
basel