IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th October 2010, 04:49 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: IDN Hall of Shame Nominee: Network Solutions

That would be the Ultimate Vindication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
Wow...the power of the internet. I guess someone cross posted this on another forum, then someone pushed that post up to Twitter and it got "picked up" by Network Solutions PR staff.

I just got a call from one of their VP's .... nice guy just wanted to apologize for them not catching the (IDN) before it went to negotiated sale. I just told him that I was pretty shocked that a company as big and as influential as NS was not supporting IDNs now that they were fully supported by MS browers, and ICANN/Verisign/Int'l Registrars etc are spending hundreds of millions of dollars on the worldwide implementation. Not to mention the 3.5 billion population of Asia that are heavy internet users and most non-English speaking to boot.

At any rate he indicated their current domains system at Network Solutions may not be able to handle IDNs, but he was not in thier engineering department. He did say it was going to be reviewed and they would look into whether they could/would support them in the future. I told him he was welcome to come on and join and post here.

Maybe something good will come out of this.....it would certainly be nice if an industry leader like NS got behind and supported the ICANN/ Verisign IDN rollout.
Old 7th October 2010, 05:11 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
Old 7th October 2010, 05:41 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

:D

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 7th October 2010 at 05:46 AM..
Old 7th October 2010, 05:42 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

:D

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 7th October 2010 at 05:43 AM..
Old 10th October 2010, 09:41 PM

sprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this point

Additional attention here:

http://idnblog.com/2010/10/10/networ...s-big-mess-up/
Old 14th October 2010, 07:01 PM

NetworkSolutions is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Bill,

Thanks again for letting us know about this. I truly do apologize for the difficulty. Rest assured, we are taking appropriate steps to address this to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

I will also make sure to let our Executive Team know about the current state of IDNs so that we can consider the possibility of offering them in the future.

Best regards,

Jeffrey Visgaitis
Network Solutions
Old 14th October 2010, 07:18 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkSolutions View Post
Hey Bill,

Thanks again for letting us know about this. I truly do apologize for the difficulty. Rest assured, we are taking appropriate steps to address this to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

I will also make sure to let our Executive Team know about the current state of IDNs so that we can consider the possibility of offering them in the future.

Best regards,

Jeffrey Visgaitis
Network Solutions
Hi Jeffrey,

Nice of you to drop in, and for taking the time to comment.

I have 2 questions for you:

1) seeing as your system broke this deal - can you make an exception and hook up the buyer with the seller; you after all have their contact details, and it would make a happy ending to this tale?

2) "consider the possibility" doesn't sound too hopeful.
Are you suggesting that Network Solutions may continue to positively discriminate against all languages except for English?

I think what we would like to hear is a commitment (no matter how long that may be) as to on what date you will remove the restriction.

I would really like to be able to stand up and talk about Network Solutions in a positive light as being an IDN & multi-cultural friendly registrar when we kick off the IDN Event in a couple of weeks.

thanks in advance.