IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Name News

Internationalized Domain Name News Recent IDN related News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2010, 04:01 PM
Premium User

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point
Are a few beginning to get it? or not?

"The onset of a vast new IDN market developing visitor traffic away from native SEO candidate clicks has many progressively conservative domainers worried. Can they keep a converging slice of eyeball attention from traveling around the world to other sites? Has the competition just gotten more intense? Maybe domainers will have to bring their A-game to the IDN era of domains."

source: http://favoritedomains.com/news/doma...sitioning/358/
Old 12th November 2010, 05:30 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: Are a few beginning to get it? or not?

Quote:
Are a few beginning to get it? or not?

Apparently a large majority of Russian domainers still haven't yet. Even with the overwhelming success of .rf; and it's only been a little over a day.

But then, never underestimate the power of denial. Especially when one's own money has just gone up in flames.
Old 12th November 2010, 07:13 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

take this guy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude with hat

"'I'm not that big on the other TLDs other than the dot com." For example, Niuyue.com in Chinese. There's relatively few people that use the actual characters, everybody's using the English language referral. I feel that the position we're in is the proper one with the English language."
link

ignorance

or

propaganda?

you decide.
Old 12th November 2010, 07:17 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
take this guy:

link

ignorance

or

propaganda?

you decide.
Neither. This is just plain stupidity.
Old 12th November 2010, 07:19 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
Neither. This is just plain stupidity.
not propaganda?

it's a long read, but note he mentions he speaks fluent Chinese just after saying what he did about pinyin.
Old 12th November 2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
not propaganda?

it's a long read, but note he mentions he speaks fluent Chinese just after saying what he did about pinyin.
Okay, I read the whole thing this time. I stopped after reading the first paragraph and the loud video autoplaying when I opened the page the first time.

It's using other's ignorance, and stupidity to promote his propaganda.
Old 12th November 2010, 07:34 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
It's using other's ignorance, and stupidity to promote his propaganda.
and who could blame him. His Newyork .com is under threat from .nyc and .newyork

and his pinyin Chinese for NewYork is under threat from the IDN (owned by TDC I believe)

but this guy is a superstar in the domain world, and people listen to what he says

so in answer to the original question Phio, personally I think there are many who don't get it, and many who are made to see something else.. but the good news is it doesn't matter
Old 12th November 2010, 08:10 PM
Premium User

squirrel is a star
squirrel is a starsquirrel is a starsquirrel is a starsquirrel is a starsquirrel is a starsquirrel is a starsquirrel is a star

The question was about buying domains (which he surely knows, are all taken), his answer was "no". He's either a fool or a very smart man.
Old 13th November 2010, 04:28 AM
Premium User

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still not sure what to make of his comments, and maybe it doesn't matter, but as we all know visibility and promotion are huge in the domaining world.

We have gotten a couple of shots of visibility and promotion during the past few weeks -- with the IDNevent, and now with cyrillic domains.

One question that is more and more on my mind is, which language will follow Russian?