IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th May 2006, 09:18 AM

falco85 is an unknown quantity at this point
problems registering IDNs

Hello,
I have spotted out some good domains in chinese (chinese simplified and chinese traditional) and japanese, that are available to register.
But when I try to reg them, enom won't do it saying that the "domain is not available", even if I set the IDN tag correctly. I am doing this since 3 days so they are effectively free, but it won't me let register. What's wrong with this?
Old 11th May 2006, 09:42 AM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo
Re: problems registering IDNs

Try entering the names in dynadot.com, they keep track of all the names that are blocked from registration. Also you may try dd24.net, if it shows as taken while the whois gives a "no matching record" then it's blocked for sure.
Old 11th May 2006, 12:19 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: problems registering IDNs

Quote:
Originally Posted by falco85
Hello,
I have spotted out some good domains in chinese (chinese simplified and chinese traditional) and japanese, that are available to register.
But when I try to reg them, enom won't do it saying that the "domain is not available", even if I set the IDN tag correctly. I am doing this since 3 days so they are effectively free, but it won't me let register. What's wrong with this?
You are not doing anything wrong, they are just "blocked" due to other similar words, or the fact that either the traditional version, or simplified version have already been taken. Check the same word in traditional (or simplified) and you will probably see that what you are after is taken. This also can be affected by registrations that are done in Japanese since many of the symbols are multilanguage. Some are both Japanese and Chinese. Dynadot has a system that shows what has been tried to register and failed, hopefully domainsite will someday implement the same.