IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Broker Request

IDN Broker Request Broker request for those looking to find an IDN broker in certain markets.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th May 2006, 10:44 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: 台北.com TAIPEI - Need a Smart Experienced Asian IDN Broker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
dave anyone can be a big player in the idn market by buying alot of domain names...It doesn't take a genius to broker a sale. Once IDN's take off there will be many of these sales. For now you just look like someone in a mickey mouse costume.
Jeff, you are out of line! I think thats the third insult you have hurled Ducks way today without provocation.
Old 11th May 2006, 10:46 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by networker
Indeed I do, but a "major player" in a minor market (IDNs at this time) is still a minor player overall.

I'm all for IDNs, otherwise I wouldn't be investing in this segment of the industry, but we've yet to see if our "hunch" really will materialize to it's expected potential.
Dave is a MAJOR player in a HUGE IDN market.

"at this time" does not mean a lot to major players, they plan things ahead of time.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 11th May 2006, 10:47 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
I don't think anything is going to stop this train once it gets rolling. I have lived in foreign countries where I couldn't read a thing....billboards, ads, etc. Imagine if you had to use a Russian dictionary to get to an English website.

Currently 85% of the world doesn't speak English. Those fortunate enough to have compute access require a translator, or access to translated lists to put their "english" url in the computer to get to "their" language website. I think they are gonna like this idn stuff! Imagine they can even 'truly' surf the internet for perhaps the first time.
Yes, I am just back from Czech Republic. If you order a Coffee on the Square in the Old Town in Prague, sure the waiter will have a smattering of English. I have been utterly unable to communicate without a translator for the last week. Scratch a little deeper and you will see the truth.
Old 11th May 2006, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

>I would expect some future portfolio sell-offs to hit 9 figures in current day US dollar terms

Yep. TDC for starters.

And all you other sods I keep bumping into when I whois the good stuff!

Who would have thought the RD would be a major player in Chinese marriage introduction services.
Old 11th May 2006, 10:52 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by networker
Might want to check the publishing year.

Also - I don't mean any disrespect to you - because it is obvious that you have a vast knowledge of the industry, but I believe at this moment, large parts of the industry are still speculative.
It depends what you mean by speculative. Yes, when I bought they were. I would not have invested if they were not. I have already cleared my financial investment, as have others. 99% of my portfolio would show a profit if sold.

Have they reached their potential? No! Is that a problem? Well yes, I would like the lifestyle already, but I shall have to be patient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
>I would expect some future portfolio sell-offs to hit 9 figures in current day US dollar terms

Yep. TDC for starters.

And all you other sods I keep bumping into when I whois the good stuff!

Who would have thought the RD would be a major player in Chinese marriage introduction services.
So your a convert of the Localisation Combo theories as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
dave anyone can be a big player in the idn market by buying alot of domain names...

It doesn't take a genius to broker a sale. Once IDN's take off there will be many of these sales.

For now you just look like someone in a mickey mouse costume.
Yes, you are precisely correct, but buying what a lot other people want to buy and doing it first it is entirely another matter.

There already have been many sales, many of which you and indeed the rest of us will be unaware of.

Actually, for your better orientation, a Rubber Duck is a yellow plastic toy that enriches that bathtime experience of the very juvenile.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 12th May 2006 at 12:48 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11th May 2006, 11:39 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

And now- Now back to tonight's version of "Javago's Taipei":

(QUOTE) I am looking for a quality IDN broker/seller to sell the IDN TAIPEI.COM
for a 20% commission. (ENDQUOTE)
Old 11th May 2006, 11:40 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by javago
Hello all,

I am looking for a quality IDN broker/seller to sell the IDN TAIPEI.COM
for a 20% commission.
Why don't you just sell it at a lower price instead of getting a broker involved?
Old 11th May 2006, 11:49 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
Why don't you just sell it at a lower price instead of getting a broker involved?
Well, I think what the Gentleman is looking for is someone with an intimate knowledge of the local business scene with the right contacts to make a sale to a buyer that is in greatest need of such a domain. That buyer my currently have little or no knowledge of IDN, and education in these domains may well be part of the deal. Simply cutting the price by 20% may not actually achieve the same result. The broker would also be largely responsible for pitching and negociating the price. The seller may not have a good feel for the value of the domain. I think employing a broker a this juncture in time may well be a sound move, if selling is the elected strategy.
Old 12th May 2006, 01:09 AM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
Why did I get called out?
Because of the irritation between you guys, it seemed flawed not to mention you, or is it A OK now ? I hope so, in any case..we're a bit off-topic .
Old 30th June 2008, 08:12 PM

kartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished roadkartik786 is on a distinguished road

haha, so I want to read about if the OP finally got a broker and i read two pages of ego's ... ofcourse you guys are rich.. but ever tried consulting a psychologist [ just kidding.. dont drag me into this :| ]

Want to buy generic hindi IDN domains !? PM ME 8)
Old 30th June 2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik786
haha, so I want to read about if the OP finally got a broker and i read two pages of ego's ... ofcourse you guys are rich.. but ever tried consulting a psychologist [ just kidding.. dont drag me into this :| ]
This thread is 2 years old.....lol