IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Broker Request

IDN Broker Request Broker request for those looking to find an IDN broker in certain markets.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th May 2006, 10:01 PM
Banned

javago is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 台北.com TAIPEI - Need a Smart Experienced Asian IDN Broker

Hello all,

I am looking for a quality IDN broker/seller to sell the IDN TAIPEI.COM
for a 20% commission.
PUNYCODE: xn--djrpt.com

I might need someone who is an Asian IDN expert or someone who has the right Asian contacts or channels.

IDNforums, DNforums are great, but I need some who can read the the asian market
skillfully and reach the native language audience and message boards.

I don't have the time required to do this.

This is a win / win situation for some seller, If you have the time.

Send me a PM or email me at IDN@todaygo.com

Last edited by javago; 11th May 2006 at 11:10 PM..
Old 11th May 2006, 10:02 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: 台北.com TAIPEI - Need a Smart Experienced Asian IDN Broker

Quote:
Originally Posted by javago
Hello all,

I am looking for a quality IDN broker/seller who can sell the IDN TAIPEI.COM
for a commission percentage.
PUNYCODE: xn--djrpt.com

I might need someone who is an Asian IDN expert or someone who has the right Asian contacts or channels.

IDNforums, DNforums are great, but I need some who can read the the asian market
skillfully and reach the native language audience and message boards.

I don't have the time required to do this.

This is a win / win situation

Send me a PM or email me at IDN@todaygo.com
How much are you selling it for and whats the commission
Old 11th May 2006, 10:09 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

You will not get a better price if you sell on native forums.

DNF and IDNF is almost the entire "IDN market" in terms of sales volume, at the moment.
Old 11th May 2006, 10:13 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
You will not get a better price if you sell on native forums.

DNF and IDNF is almost the entire "IDN market" in terms of sales volume, at the moment.
No, but a smart broker might get you an end user. Somehow, though, I suspect those that ask how much the commission is on an open forum, won't meet the criteria.
Old 11th May 2006, 10:27 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
No, but a smart broker might get you an end user. Somehow, though, I suspect those that ask how much the commission is on an open forum, won't meet the criteria.
I haven't paid attention to his past threads and I didn't know the price he was asking. What's wrong with asking for the commission? Mr. Penis envy? Are you Jose's secret partner in crime?

nice try but I brokered and sold two website networks for $120,000-$150,000 each

Last edited by IDNCowboy; 11th May 2006 at 10:29 PM..
Old 11th May 2006, 11:00 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
I haven't paid attention to his past threads and I didn't know the price he was asking. What's wrong with asking for the commission? Mr. Penis envy? Are you Jose's secret partner in crime?

nice try but I brokered and sold two website networks for $120,000-$150,000 each
Well, if I was in the broker game I would have tried to negociate a deal in private. Many large players are going to be unwilling to discuss these matters in public and most brokers would be sensitive to that possibility.

If you are going to try and cut it as a broker within the community you have certainly a talent for raising your profile. I personally would be looking for someone that exudes discretion, rather than one that takes every opportunity to lamblast major players in public. Perhaps, I am just a little old fashioned. Maybe its a reflection of my age, but then again it could be experience.
Old 11th May 2006, 11:07 PM
Banned

javago is an unknown quantity at this point

20% - I think that's pretty fair.

I'm thinking one of you has some good contacts
Old 11th May 2006, 11:14 PM

networker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well, if I was in the broker game I would have tried to negociate a deal in private. Many large players are going to be unwilling to discuss these matters in public and most brokers would be sensitive to that possibility.

If you are going to try and cut it as a broker within the community you have certainly a talent for raising your profile. I personally would be looking for someone that exudes discretion, rather than one that takes every opportunity to lamblast major players in public. Perhaps, I am just a little old fashioned. Maybe its a reflection of my age, but then again it could be experience.
You have your points - but Jeff has proven to be a successful broker and is respected as such.

Also - referring to yourself as a "major player" when the IDN market has yet to even take-off to the point of acknowledging who exactly are the "major players" is extremely cocky to say the least. I hope it doesn't come back and make you look like a jackass later down the road.

F.Y.I. the word you're looking for is lambaste, lamblast isn't a word.

Last edited by networker; 11th May 2006 at 11:25 PM..
Old 11th May 2006, 11:14 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

That's fair indeed .

p.s. jeff,dave,adam, women poke eachothers' eyes out for trivial envious bullshit, men hit eachother in the face with a titanium driver and drink beer 5 minutes later...you guys sure you aint gals ... or are you looking for the suitable golf club ?
Old 11th May 2006, 11:23 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by networker
F.Y.I. the word you're looking for is lambaste, lambast isn't a word.
You need to get yourself an Oxford Dictionary rather than one of those Mickey Mouse US jobs!
Old 11th May 2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
You need to get yourself an Oxford Dictionary rather than one of those Mickey Mouse US jobs!
http://www.askoxford.com/results/?vi...r=score%2Cname
Old 11th May 2006, 11:25 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Also - referring to yourself as a "major player" when the IDN market has yet to even take-off to the point of acknowledging who exactly are the "major players" is extremely cocky to say the least.
Networker, I think it is an agreed fact among IDNF members and DNF members that Rubber Duck is no doubt a "Major Player" just based on portfolio alone, much less years of experience, knowledge and willingness to share and teach. Do you have any ideas of the scope of his portfolio?
Old 11th May 2006, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Networker, I think it is an agreed fact among IDNF members and DNF members that Rubber Duck is no doubt a "Major Player" just based on portfolio alone, much less years of experience and knowledge and willingness to share and teach. Do you have any ideas of the scope of his portfolio?
Indeed I do, but a "major player" in a minor market (IDNs at this time) is still a minor player overall.

I'm all for IDNs, otherwise I wouldn't be investing in this segment of the industry, but we've yet to see if our "hunch" really will materialize to it's expected potential.
Old 11th May 2006, 11:28 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Well, just goes to show about Online dictionaries. The printed version of the Concise Oxford gives it as alternative form.
Old 11th May 2006, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Well, just goes to show about Online dictionaries. The printed version of the Concise Oxford gives it as alternative form.
Might want to check the publishing year.

Also - I don't mean any disrespect to you - because it is obvious that you have a vast knowledge of the industry, but I believe at this moment, large parts of the industry are still speculative.
Old 11th May 2006, 11:37 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
but we've yet to see if our "hunch" really will materialize to it's expected potential.
I don't think anything is going to stop this train once it gets rolling. I have lived in foreign countries where I couldn't read a thing....billboards, ads, etc. Imagine if you had to use a Russian dictionary to get to an English website.

Currently 85% of the world doesn't speak English. Those fortunate enough to have compute access require a translator, or access to translated lists to put their "english" url in the computer to get to "their" language website. I think they are gonna like this idn stuff! Imagine they can even 'truly' surf the internet for perhaps the first time.
Old 11th May 2006, 11:39 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo

p.s. jeff,dave,adam,
Why did I get called out?
Old 11th May 2006, 11:40 PM

dave anyone can be a big player in the idn market by buying alot of domain names...

It doesn't take a genius to broker a sale. Once IDN's take off there will be many of these sales.

For now you just look like someone in a mickey mouse costume.
Old 11th May 2006, 11:40 PM

Quote:
I believe at this moment, large parts of the industry are still speculative.
Please feel free to expand on this. It will provide a good discussion and all sides and opinions are welcome here at IDNF.
Old 11th May 2006, 11:43 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Indeed I do, but a "major player" in a minor market (IDNs at this time) is still a minor player overall.

I'm all for IDNs, otherwise I wouldn't be investing in this segment of the industry, but we've yet to see if our "hunch" really will materialize to it's expected potential.
Well, it depends how you view things. If you are convinced that Asia will be dominated by IDN and if you recognise that Asia represents more than half of humanity, and if you then realise that there are numerous major languages in which primary terms can be expressed, then it is clear that it is not really a minor market at all.

When you look at the penetration certain individuals have in this market compared with the penetration levels of even the best ASCII domainers, you should soon realise that there is the potential for some IDN speculators to take their place along side the acknowledged star performers of the ASCII era. I would expect some future portfolio sell-offs to hit 9 figures in current day US dollar terms, but even if I am well out, it will still be very significant.