IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > IDN Domain Name Parking

IDN Domain Name Parking Forum for parking international Domain names & services.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th December 2010, 03:50 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo
parkingminisite going bust ?

parkingminisite.net expired, the nameservers are no longer working and there is no response whatsoever, the guy came, cashed and is now lying on a beach somewhere.

Alternatives:
noomle
whypark
parking revolution seems to be dead
evolanding seems to be dead as well..as in, it´s a free sitebuilder under the name devhub, like yola and weebly.
(zlio is an option for French and German)

What's the latest on these services ?

Last edited by bramiozo; 18th December 2010 at 01:58 PM..
Old 17th December 2010, 04:26 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: parkingminisite went bust

Doesn't surprise me. The service was always junk and the idea behind it (automated building of minisites) equally so.

Expect more parking services to get into trouble finding a "new way forward". Building out websites is not a job for robots.

Last edited by domainguru; 17th December 2010 at 04:31 PM..
Old 17th December 2010, 04:43 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road

Was fun while it lasted, had names indexed (high), provided some income over a few months.

I see whypark.com only provides english content,
http://forum.parked.com/showthread.p...hlight=english

That leaves noomle but that's not very dandy in terms of looks...

Does anyone have experience with devhub ?

Last edited by bramiozo; 17th December 2010 at 04:43 PM..
Old 17th December 2010, 11:47 PM

phio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this pointphio is an unknown quantity at this point

too bad
Old 18th December 2010, 04:16 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo View Post
Does anyone have experience with devhub ?
I find Devhub better than noomle, if only because you have much more control over the look and feel of your ministe + the design are more modern, curvy, nice colors, nice fonts, etc.

Only prob. is that Devhub doesn't support IDNs. If you try punycode in their system it will crash your whole dashboard, can't view your earnings, can't manage your ascii sites, nothing.. I tried using a devhub subdomain and then using a wildcard CNAME to map an IDN over it but it didn't work (that works on other platform, like ZLIO) hopeless
Old 18th December 2010, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Re: parkingminisite going bust ?

changed the title, the nameservers seem to work again..I am still trying to get into contact with the owner of parkingminisite.com, the concept is close to long term solution if he makes somes changes.

With ZLIO that's the only option in general ? Because I only see an option to create a subdomain. Never heard of that site before, thanks .

Devhub provides only english-based revenue widgets, I see you have to buy a special
'widget' which allows you to place your own code, this costs $24,95, this is a one time fee I assume?
Old 18th December 2010, 02:12 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo View Post
changed the title, the nameservers seem to work again..I am still trying to get into contact with the owner of parkingminisite.com, the concept is close to long term solution if he makes somes changes.
I tried to contact him too...no reponse yet.

Appears the homepage has been revamped on his .com site... with "new" Parking Minisite Premium.
(There is a click to English tab at bottom right)

http://parkingminisite.com/

Last edited by bwhhisc; 18th December 2010 at 02:15 PM..
Old 18th December 2010, 02:49 PM
Administrator

The english tab links to the .net which has an empty pms-parking page, this guy is either dead or on a very long vacation.

p.s.

I would go for massage nr.1

Last edited by bramiozo; 18th December 2010 at 02:49 PM..