IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Wanted

IDN Wanted Those looking to find certain IDNs post here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2011, 04:54 AM

monkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished road
Buying idn's, please read

I am interested in buying idn's in hindi, japanese, russian, china, or whatever. I want ones that are considered good investments. Adult genre welcome too. Currently, I have $1000 to spend so I want to get the best bang for my buck in the current market. I am new to this so I only want to deal with respected members of IDNForums. Thanks. PM me
Old 19th January 2011, 05:07 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: Buying idn's, please read

Hello monkmonkey, welcome on board. Excuse me for asking, but why not bid on the auctions? Are you looking for a particular market/niche/keyword?
Old 19th January 2011, 05:21 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

yeah, go for auctions, most names on this forum go for very reasonable prices.

If you want the best bang for your buck, I think you need to do some research and determine precisely what you want. Right now it looks like you'd buy whatever name is thrown at you by a "respected IDNF member"
Old 19th January 2011, 05:56 AM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Monkmonkey

Welcome to IDNForums. My suggestion would be to invest in signing up at IDNtools.com for the IDN drop list ( http://www.idntools.com/droplist.php ). With that, and a little research, you can pick up some nice IDNs at at registration fees. If you are serious about getting involved in IDNs then that should be something you really should sign up to.

Also, as others have mentioned, look at the auctions that continuously take place here - you can also pick up some real bargains !!

Good luck

Alex

Old 19th January 2011, 06:32 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
yeah, go for auctions, most names on this forum go for very reasonable prices.

If you want the best bang for your buck, I think you need to do some research and determine precisely what you want. Right now it looks like you'd buy whatever name is thrown at you by a "respected IDNF member"
I second that. Asking people to PM you names is just looking to get dumped on, however respected the dumper is
Old 19th January 2011, 07:04 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Did you get my pm?

Oh bugger,just seen DG's post
Old 19th January 2011, 07:23 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot View Post
Did you get my pm?

Oh bugger,just seen DG's post
You trying to sell him 3.com?
Old 19th January 2011, 08:42 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Buying idn's, please read

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
You trying to sell him 3.com?
Nope, trying to get a quick $100 for เกม.com :p
Old 19th January 2011, 11:22 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkmonkey View Post
I am interested in buying idn's in hindi, japanese, russian, china, or whatever. I want ones that are considered good investments. Adult genre welcome too. Currently, I have $1000 to spend so I want to get the best bang for my buck in the current market. I am new to this so I only want to deal with respected members of IDNForums. Thanks. PM me
There's some good advice there.

Do what I did - work out who the natives are here, and then just outbid them on auctions.
It will short cut your lack of knowledge, while you play catch up, and also gives you some confidence you are buying what is advertised.

And yeah playing the drop scene is also another good approach.
Old 19th January 2011, 07:00 PM

sprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd also mention that IDNNewsletter.com is coming out with another edition at the end of the month that is worth looking forward to.
Old 19th January 2011, 08:35 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprewellpj View Post
I'd also mention that IDNNewsletter.com is coming out with another edition at the end of the month that is worth looking forward to.
Great! Can we send some names?
Old 19th January 2011, 08:43 PM

sprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this point

sure
Old 20th January 2011, 01:36 AM
Veteran

Quote:
sure
Any rules? How many is each one allowed to send? No reserve or any price? Any languages preferences? Where to send? Deadline? Thanks

@monkmonkey: On the auctions, the best sign you can get you're after a great domain is bidding against a native speaker of that language!
Old 20th January 2011, 04:12 PM

Send any names with prices to sales@idnnewsletter.com. .COM names only. There is no deadline. Names with high GAKT exact search volume that are priced under $1k are preferred.

We plan to get the newsletter back up and running more frequently (after a post-IDNEvent hangover) and will have several forthcoming issues. Thanks Jose.
Old 22nd January 2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
There's some good advice there.

Do what I did - work out who the natives are here, and then just outbid them on auctions.
It will short cut your lack of knowledge, while you play catch up, and also gives you some confidence you are buying what is advertised.

And yeah playing the drop scene is also another good approach.
Or just as effective - work out who is outbidding the natives - and outbid them!
Old 23rd January 2011, 04:30 AM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Another strategy some people use here when evaluating domain value is to check the reg date because most great names have been regged ages ago.

The problem with this method is, there are an awful lot of crappy names regged years ago, too.

Outbidding natives? No, I wouldn't advise that!
Old 23rd January 2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post

Outbidding natives? No, I wouldn't advise that!
I'm a Brit does that count.
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot View Post
I'm a Brit does that count.
No, it doesn't count. But it does explain alot!
Old 25th January 2011, 01:20 AM
Veteran

Quote:
There is no deadline.
A friend told me he already received the Newsletter. So there was a deadline after all... I guess I am to blame also, as I leave everything to do on the last minute.

Also, why am I not receiving it?!
Old 25th January 2011, 01:42 AM

Quote:
will have several forthcoming issues.
No deadline per the above. Keep submitting everyone, and we'll have another issue very soon.

@Jose - If you had a problem subscribing and didn't receive the issue tonight, send me a PM, and I'll be sure to add your email address manually.

Thanks for the interest.