View Single Post
Old 20th June 2006, 09:37 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: IDN domains with no dots (extensions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer
Hi all,

I just came accross a service by nipa.co.th that registers Thai domain names with no dots (extensions). I just tried typing a few thai names using Firefox and was taken to different Thai sites that have been registered through them. I was wondering if there are similar services in other languages? Do you all feel that this type of competing service could make IDNs less valuable? I don't see many Thais registering Thai domain names with the ICANN extenstions and I am beginning to wonder if they may actually opt for Thai names with no extensions instead.
No, this kind of service has popped up in every language. There is some useage in the Far East but soon after IE 7.0 arrives they will all go down the tubes.