View Single Post
Old 20th June 2006, 11:25 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road
Re: IDN domains with no dots (extensions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
I believe that in the near future, ICANN will extend the DName concept to include a keyword service, which would kill all these Wannabees stone dead. I also believe firmly that is why ICANN will adopt DName. If they don't they will be turning down the biggest money spinner to ever walk past their door. I have have already discussed proposals at the highest levels.
With ICANN acting so slowly to map IDN.com into IDN.com(in local language), would they not lose out to some of these local no dot providers? As for Thailand, Nipa already claims to have 200,000 domains entries per day in Thai through their service and they mentioned in their FAQs (in Thai as per below) that you do not need to download any software if your ISP is their partner (they have apparently teamed up with major ISPs in Thailand) and hence for Thailand, they may already have the edge over ICANN IDN.com service with the popularity/usage growing there. I wonder once ICANN launches no extension IDN domain names, how will they resolve if local ISPs have already made the agreement with a company like NIPA to resolve their domains without extensions. With the current rate of their growth and adoption by major corporations in Thailand, I am concenred that ICANN may lose out for Thailand for the no extension space. I can't speak for other IDNs with no extension.

RubberDuck, any info how I could book/prebook no extension domains through ICANN? What kind of proposals have you discussed with them if I may ask?

จำเป็นจะต้องดาวน์โหลดซอฟท์แวร์จากปุ่ม Install หรือไม่

ไม่จำเป็นต้องดาวน์โหลดถ้าต่ออินเทอร์เน็ตผ่าน ISP ที่เป็น Partner กับนิภา แต่ถ้าดาวน์โหลด จะทำให้การใช้"ชื่อไทย ไม่มีดอท" เร็วขึ้นและซอฟท์แวร์ดาวน์โหลดนี้เป็นเพียงสคริปต์เล็กๆ ที่มีขนาด 200kb เท่านั้น

Last edited by TrafficDomainer; 20th June 2006 at 11:32 PM..