IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Wanted

IDN Wanted Those looking to find certain IDNs post here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th February 2011, 02:24 PM

idnplayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking to buy new Russian cyrillic .orgs

Budget depends on name, Post here with your asking price if im interested I'll send an offer.
Old 25th February 2011, 03:04 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: Looking to buy new Russian cyrillic .orgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnplayer View Post
Budget depends on name, Post here with your asking price if im interested I'll send an offer.
Just wondering why you want people to post asking prices of their names in a public forum, and then you respond privately - doesn't sound very symmetrical .....
Old 25th February 2011, 03:53 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Just wondering why you want people to post asking prices of their names in a public forum, and then you respond privately - doesn't sound very symmetrical .....
But not as unbalanced as going after dot Org when dot com are not really fetching much at the moment.
Old 25th February 2011, 04:04 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
But not as unbalanced as going after dot Org when dot com are not really fetching much at the moment.
+1 here, check out a couple of Russian .com sales threads in the past week. great deals. I have the hyphenated version of one name that sold (I can't believe I missed it) the hyphenated names make almost as much in parking as the non-hyphenated sold for. I really can't believe I missed that one.

aren't Cyrillic dot org names locked for 30 days or something?
I keeping waiting for dynadot to put more names in my account. :D

@op welcome to IDNF

Last edited by tee1; 25th February 2011 at 04:05 PM..
Old 25th February 2011, 04:09 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Starts with И ends with Н
Old 25th February 2011, 04:09 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555 View Post
It wasn't a great deal, just a plain steal, But soon, things are going to change.

Just go look at the latest domenForum.net and SearchEngines.ru , Cyrillic domains are the topic of the day,week and month since the .рф launch which went scandalous and it's just getting started hopefully if the government will try and get names back which were auctioned.

Last edited by 555; 25th February 2011 at 04:11 PM..
Old 25th February 2011, 04:18 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee1 View Post
From what Dynadot told me, we have to wait until the 20th April before we can update the contact information and change the namesevers. I think thats a real piss take - two months passing before we can even use the domain !!

Old 25th February 2011, 04:21 PM

I don't think dynadot is putting anymore names in accounts that was done on the first day with the lottery if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee1 View Post
+1 here, check out a couple of Russian .com sales threads in the past week. great deals. I have the hyphenated version of one name that sold (I can't believe I missed it) the hyphenated names make almost as much in parking as the non-hyphenated sold for. I really can't believe I missed that one.

I keeping waiting for dynadot to put more names in my account. :D

@op welcome to IDNF
Old 25th February 2011, 04:24 PM

Bottom Fishing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Old 25th February 2011, 04:38 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555 View Post

YES these does bite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd View Post
From what Dynadot told me, we have to wait until the 20th April before we can update the contact information and change the namesevers. I think thats a real piss take - two months passing before we can even use the domain !!

Yeah, which sucks. the comment was just my attempt at humor, hence the smiley.
Quote:
I don't think dynadot is putting anymore names in accounts that was done on the first day with the lottery if I'm not mistaken.
Old 25th February 2011, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Yes. All because of the "IP Community" throwing their weight around.

You pay for 12 months of domain usage but only get 10 months for it.

Who pockets that money without providing a service?

If the IP community want a 2 month window, why aren't THEY paying that 2 months?

Someone in Pennsylvania needs to complain to the local consumer protection arm of the govt regarding this (targeting pir.org).

Back that up with someone doing the same in California against Dynadot - who will then have to implicate PIR.

Hopefully we'll then get our 2 months worth back, or registration extended an extra 2 months.

The other option would be to complain to ICANN. OOOOH! I made a funny!
Old 25th February 2011, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

The other weirdness is if you wait ONE month and one day to register a cyrillic.org you get to use it immediately, while everyone who regged within the first month still have to wait between 1 and 2 more months before they get to use theirs.

Maybe the IDN blogs should pick this up to and give it an airing?
Old 21st April 2011, 12:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Are they working yet?
Old 21st April 2011, 12:37 AM

I have about 2 dozen still locked in my acct.
Old 21st April 2011, 12:40 AM

skynet let me down yesterday.... lets see if .org lets me down today
Old 21st April 2011, 06:49 AM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Are they working yet?
Nope - not my one at least. Just checked it in my Dynadot account, and it tells me ...

This domain has not been initialized. Please email us at info@dynadot.com.

What a f*cking joke. 2 months now and we can't do a damn thing with the domain !!

Old 21st April 2011, 02:41 PM

As stated on PIR.ORG website paragraph 9.

20 April 2011 these were suppose to be unlocked

Not sure why these registrations are still locked this is pretty frustrating especially they haven't made any kind of statement regarding this. http://www.pir.org/why/global/idn

9. Why will Cyrillic IDNs registered before 21 March 2011 be locked?

.ORG Cyrillic IDNs registered between 19 February 2011 and 21 March 2011 will be placed on Server Hold, Server Update Prohibited, Server Renew Prohibited, Server Transfer Prohibited and Server Delete Prohibited until 20 April 2011 to allow any Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) disputes to be initiated. While locked, the domains will not resolve and cannot be updated, deleted or transferred. This will provide intellectual property owners an opportunity to identify any potential infringements. Please contact your registrar for further details.

Quote:
Nope - not my one at least. Just checked it in my Dynadot account, and it tells me ...

This domain has not been initialized. Please email us at info@dynadot.com.

What a f*cking joke. 2 months now and we can't do a damn thing with the domain !!
Old 21st April 2011, 06:09 PM

Russian Cyrillic .org just went Active
Old 21st April 2011, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Finally.
Old 21st April 2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Russian Cyrillic .org just went Active
At last !! Now, who do we speak to see about getting a refund on the 2 months we've lost - or getting an extension for another 2 months on the existing registration !!