IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > النطاقات العربي

النطاقات العربي Discussion on Arabic Domains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2006, 09:36 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road
arabia.com for sale 480,000$

it is not my domain

http://www.sedo.com/search/details.p...233&language=e

Do you think guys that IDNs can mature to that extent one day

I compared the IDN version of the name which will be

عربي
or
العربية

check OVT and you will see how close we are

as the evanglist Rubber Duck said the savior (IE7) is coming soon ... all you need is only to believe ...

after IE7 we all will be writing the new testment
Old 14th May 2006, 10:22 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: arabia.com for sale 480,000$

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
it is not my domain

http://www.sedo.com/search/details.p...233&language=e

Do you think guys that IDNs can mature to that extent one day

I compared the IDN version of the name which will be

عربي
or
العربية

check OVT and you will see how close we are

as the evanglist Rubber Duck said the savior (IE7) is coming soon ... all you need is only to believe ...

after IE7 we all will be writing the new testment

There is asking and there is getting, but in my opinion this one of the instances where the IDN will actually be worth an awful lot more!
Old 18th May 2006, 10:43 AM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

I just saw a similar thread on arabic domains forum

http://www.swalif.net/softs/showthread.php?t=157661

I was surprised by the comments of arabic domainers there

90% of them agree that the price is very very cheap and the owner should not sell at that price but hold on it !
Old 9th January 2011, 01:42 AM
Premium User

basel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to basel

hey gee , i just find this thread

arabia.com owned by jordanian guy live in dubai he is the same person that sold arab.com to bashar from kuwait for 225k
and he own some other premium arabic assci domains
last time i contacted him to ask about arabia.com for a project in mind but when i find the price above 400k i go down and bought arabia.info

the most thing strange that when he sold arab.com to bashar he sold also dubai.net for 18k , i cant believe that dubai.net just go for 18k , and bashar now asks 250k thorugh sedo for dubai.net

bashar is member at idnforums with id bashar or bashaar :D
bashar move your icann certified registrar AlTasjeel.com to my small reseller registrar Tasjeel.com :P
people here not believe in (THE) at idns also lol

Last edited by basel; 9th January 2011 at 01:43 AM..
Old 9th January 2011, 09:07 AM

these are overpriced domains, it is not wise to buy them at these prices

it is not a good investment

however you will be popular to own such names :D

but I do not buy popularity :p
Old 9th January 2011, 09:26 PM
Premium User

basel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enoughbasel will become famous soon enough

no no gee im not with you in this point
its not about popularity , both names worth thats price , as you know they are the top two geo domains in the arab world

if i can believe that sex.com sold for 14millions , so why not if the asking price of arabia.com or arab.com is 400k
both are top premium geo names , and as you know jerusalem.com just sold for 500k last year , so every investment in geo domains is the right way in this domain business investing

about dubai.net , yes i cant beleive that this name gone for 18k , as dubai.info just sold for 35k in 2009
and im sure that there is thousands hands can push high prices for such name like dubai.net

anyway if you think that arab.com or arabia.com can make a popularity only for the owner , so i think the popularity is worth money and not come for free $$$
Old 9th January 2011, 09:44 PM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by basel View Post
as you know they are the top two geo domains in the arab world
Perhaps not today... but wouldn't logic dictate that the top two geo domains in the Arab world be in Arabic?
Old 11th January 2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
no no gee im not with you in this point
so i think the popularity is worth money and not come for free $$$
there is difference between service or product popularity and between personal popularity

service or product can be sold for money, but people cannt sell themselves :D

although if you become very popular in arab world, one of arab dictators will remove you out of way lest you think to run for presidency
Old 14th January 2011, 09:10 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
anyway if you think that arab.com or arabia.com can make a popularity only for the owner , so i think the popularity is worth money and not come for free $$$
Popularity is a risk and liability increases with the number of fans that won't leave you alone.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 14th January 2011 at 09:11 PM..
Old 14th January 2011, 09:30 PM
Premium User

lol what risk we are talking about

the risk when you are taking a normal name

if arabia.com is just a popularity for arab , so losangeles.com is just popularity for americans

you are here catching some good arabic idns to resell in the future , so if you feel that the arab world just take names for popularity so your all investment isin a risk

what i cant understand is:
arabia.com arab.com is the most valuable names for all arab people, so why you just gives this two names the popularity to the owner
its not a family names its the top geo domains for all countries in the arabworld

i can say i will not pay 450k for arabia.com because ARABs is the risk not the domain itself , and im with gee if he mean that

BUT if arabia.com or arab.com at the end is only worth popularity so i suggest you all here in the forum to drop your idns and arabic names because they are tell now not come to the class rank for owner popularity before 20 years and 200 years to the market popularity
IDNS Vs Arabia.com

Last edited by basel; 14th January 2011 at 09:32 PM..
Old 14th January 2011, 09:36 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
lol what risk we are talking about
When you get famous, you'll find out!
Old 21st January 2011, 01:21 AM

Bashar is an unknown quantity at this point

no he didn't sell arab.com to me, we both bought the domains from the previous "Arabia On Line" company i bought arab.com iraq.com dubai.net and he bought the rest of the company which owned the remaining domains such as Arabia.com and few other nice un-usable names such as Arab.edu and Arabia.edu
Old 21st January 2011, 02:49 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
no he didn't sell arab.com to me, we both bought the domains from the previous "Arabia On Line" company i bought arab.com iraq.com dubai.net and he bought the rest of the company which owned the remaining domains such as Arabia.com and few other nice un-usable names such as Arab.edu and Arabia.edu
How did Arab.edu and Arabia.edu get to be regged? I thought they would only available to higher education institutes?