IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Development > Help Wanted

Help Wanted Need to hire someone to develop international domains or need a consultant to help search for IDN domains. Post it here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 28th February 2011, 05:27 PM
Man Man is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 323
Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Payment Problem

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right section to post this,but i have to post it anyway.

I have a problem renewing my domains with name.com
Suddenly they aren't accepting my card and i get this message:

"unable to authorize funds - test failed - 327 cardholder transaction not permitted"

I contacted my bank and they told me that everything is OK and their is nothing wrong from their side.

I contacted name.com.they told me that their is a problem and they can't accept my card with no reason and they told me you have to find another payment method.

What surprise me most is that some of the domains I'm trying to renew was registered with the same card,and my card was never refused on any website on the internet including moniker, godaddy and many others!

I don't know what the problem is,and Name support guys don't seem to know too.

So what should i do now?

Has anyone been in this situation before?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 28th February 2011, 05:45 PM
DktoInc's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Land of the Loon
Posts: 1,583
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 2163
DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about
Re: Payment Problem

paypal.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 28th February 2011, 05:51 PM
Man Man is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 323
Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Payment Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DktoInc View Post
paypal.
Thank you for the reply but paypal doesn't support my country right now.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 28th February 2011, 05:55 PM
squirrel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,940
iTrader: (11)
Rep Power: 7075
squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all
Re: Payment Problem

transfer the names to another registrar. How long til expiration date ?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 28th February 2011, 06:08 PM
Man Man is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 323
Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Payment Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
transfer the names to another registrar. How long til expiration date ?
they will expire within a very few months.
but i also was planing to buy some other domains at Name.com
I think they are a good registrar except this issue.
Isn't there a transfer out fee? how would i pay it?
i didn't transfer any domain before only renewing so i don't know,and how long would it take?

thank you
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 28th February 2011, 06:22 PM
squirrel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,940
iTrader: (11)
Rep Power: 7075
squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all
Re: Payment Problem

the fee for transferring is equivalent to the renewal fee. Moreover a transfer includes renewal for a year.

Say xyz.com expires March 1st 2011. It is currently registered with name.com

If you transfter to Godaddy or whatever, you'll pay 10$ or so, xyz.com is moved to Godaddy and it's expiration date is now March 1st 2012.

Keep in mind however that a newly transfered name cannot be immediately moved to a third registrar. There's a waiting period, 30 days I think.

Because you have a month or so ahead of you, I would recommend that you transfer to another registrar. It will cost you about the same as renewing at Name.com
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 28th February 2011, 06:23 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,864
iTrader: (60)
Rep Power: 2194
bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: Payment Problem

Try buying some bulk credits at 101domain or dynadot or another registrar of your choice then transfer the names over.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 28th February 2011, 06:23 PM
Drewbert's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (20)
Rep Power: 0
Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: Payment Problem

The transfer fee renews the name for another year, and is payable to the GAINING registrar.

So go open an account at dynadot.com, and try to fund it (prepay) for the amount you will need to renew all the names for 1 year, using your card.

If it works, you can go to name.com and get the AUTHCODE needed (an unlock the domains) then go back to dynadot and do a bulk transfer.

If it doesn't work, then you really do have a problem with that card.
__________________
It's all jaded style to me.

Last edited by Drewbert; 28th February 2011 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 28th February 2011, 07:28 PM
Man Man is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 323
Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Payment Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
the fee for transferring is equivalent to the renewal fee. Moreover a transfer includes renewal for a year.

Say xyz.com expires March 1st 2011. It is currently registered with name.com

If you transfter to Godaddy or whatever, you'll pay 10$ or so, xyz.com is moved to Godaddy and it's expiration date is now March 1st 2012.

Keep in mind however that a newly transfered name cannot be immediately moved to a third registrar. There's a waiting period, 30 days I think.

Because you have a month or so ahead of you, I would recommend that you transfer to another registrar. It will cost you about the same as renewing at Name.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
Try buying some bulk credits at 101domain or dynadot or another registrar of your choice then transfer the names over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
The transfer fee renews the name for another year, and is payable to the GAINING registrar.

So go open an account at dynadot.com, and try to fund it (prepay) for the amount you will need to renew all the names for 1 year, using your card.

If it works, you can go to name.com and get the AUTHCODE needed (an unlock the domains) then go back to dynadot and do a bulk transfer.

If it doesn't work, then you really do have a problem with that card.
Thank you very much guys, i really appreciate these information,examples and the fast replies and i hope non of you would ever be in this situation.
-------------------------
Now let me get this straight:

-You're all recommending transferring the domains, so i guess dealing with the credit card issue is out of the choices,i mean didn't anyone ever have a problem with the card or do anyone know anything about the error message?

- The transfer fee is nearly the renewal fee that is a good information but it will be paid to the new registrar, So i won't have to pay name.com anything to let my domains out ,right?

-How long would a transfer process take?
Because one of these domains is active, it has a website hosted on it,email accounts linked to it, users logging ...etc and i guess during the transfer process it may be down.
-------------------------
If any body has any other way to deal with such issue please inform me.

Last edited by Man; 28th February 2011 at 07:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 28th February 2011, 07:34 PM
Drewbert's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (20)
Rep Power: 0
Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: Payment Problem

Quote:
-You're all recommending transferring the domains, so i guess the credit card issue is out of the choices,i mean didn't anyone have a problem with the card or do anyone know anything about this error message?
Finding out what the exact problem with the card could be a nightmare - talking to bank help desk, talking to name.com help desk, etc.

Quote:
- The transfer fee is nearly the renewal fee that is a good information but it will be paid to the new registrar, So i won't have to pay name.com anything to let my domains out ,right?
Right. Plus you get to test the credit card with a different registrar.

Quote:
-How long would a transfer process take?
Because one of these domains is active, it has a website hosted on it,email accounts linked to it, users logging ...etc and i guess during the transfer process it may be down.
Around 5 days. Faster if the losing registrar has the option of fast-track approval. I can't remember if name.com has that option.

The DNS during the transfer remains switched on and unchanged, so websites etc should NOT go down.

If you're worried, try it with just one name, so you can see how it works.
__________________
It's all jaded style to me.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 1st March 2011, 07:24 AM
Man Man is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 323
Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Payment Problem

Thank you very much Drewbert
The transfer options seems very practical now.
I will consider doing it very soon if no other solution comes along.
One more thing please, how long do i have the right to transfer out my domains from a registrar before their expiration date?

Last edited by Man; 1st March 2011 at 07:27 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 1st March 2011, 12:05 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,864
iTrader: (60)
Rep Power: 2194
bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: Payment Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
One more thing please, how long do i have the right to transfer out my domains from a registrar before their expiration date?
For the more popular registrars people use here, as long as you start the transfer at least the day before expiration it should go thru OK. (Dynadot, Fabulous, Enom, Name, Domainsite, 101Domain.com).

I would suggest starting at least a week before to give yourself some room.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 1st March 2011, 03:31 PM
squirrel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,940
iTrader: (11)
Rep Power: 7075
squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all
Re: Payment Problem

Speaking of transfers,
getting one out of WebBusiness.Biz is quite something.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:30 PM
Man Man is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 323
Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Payment Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
For the more popular registrars people use here, as long as you start the transfer at least the day before expiration it should go thru OK. (Dynadot, Fabulous, Enom, Name, Domainsite, 101Domain.com).

I would suggest starting at least a week before to give yourself some room.
Thank you bwhhisc.

--------------------

I've just registered a new domain on godaddy.com,the card is accepted and there isn't any problem.

I don't know what is wrong with Name.com they still refuse my card with no reason.

I guess i'll do transfer all my domains out of them.though i was considering them a very good registrar.

i wanna repeat my thank to all the guys here.

Last edited by Man; 3rd March 2011 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:47 AM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54