IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > डोमेन नाम हिन्दी

डोमेन नाम हिन्दी IDN Domains in Indo languages.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2006, 12:44 PM

drbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished road
Vernacular trend

http://www.business-standard.com/com...Left=0&chkFlg=
Old 15th May 2006, 12:52 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Vernacular trend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbiohealth
Top article. Will you also post at DNF?

The clear inference is that is 80% of the Ads and Ad Writers are going to be non English then the most valuable domain names will also be Hindi.

It looks at though my Hindi Portfolio could yet prove to be my most valuable putting Chinese, Japanese and Arabic in the shade!

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 15th May 2006 at 01:08 PM..
Old 15th May 2006, 01:04 PM

drbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished road

That seems a logical extension. However, my sense is that things should start rolling after around 2 years. But beyond that it should be a vertical rise. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
The clear inference is that is 80% of the Ads and Ad Writers are going to be non English then the most valuable domain names will also Hindi.
Old 15th May 2006, 02:11 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That seems a logical extension. However, my sense is that things should start rolling after around 2 years. But beyond that it should be a vertical rise. Cheers!
Dr.- Is that your best guess for Hindi, or for idns in general? My feeling is that the Japanese market will be the first to really pick up on idn's, then a fairly quick spread from there. Other opinions?
Old 15th May 2006, 02:15 PM

Sorry, I was referring to Hindi IDNs. Japnese IDNs should ideally take off much before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Dr.- Is that your best guess for Hindi, or for idns in general? My feeling is that the Japanese market will be the first to really pick up on idn's, then a fairly quick spread from there. Other opinions?
Old 15th May 2006, 02:22 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Sorry, I was referring to Hindi IDNs. Japnese IDNs should ideally take off much before that.
Yes, I would agree with that. Japanese and Chinese are starting to boom, Russian and Arabic are just starting to show, but I think we all expect something of a lag with Hindi and the other Indic Scripts. I would suggest that that is not a good reason for delay, as I believe these are already being speculated on the basis of "What have you got to loose". If Hindi booms, then it will be second only to Chinese in my opinion although overtaking Japanese could take as long as 5 years. Don't expect to pick these up for peanuts as the better domains will be locked away for cover the cost of nursing homes!
Old 15th May 2006, 02:50 PM

Two years is not at all a long time in long term investments .. . In any form of investment, real value can rarely be found when there is euphoria around. Also, generally speaking returns are directly proportional to risks taken. After two years I am sure good domains will not be available for reg fee, this ofcourse is on the premise that IDN.com ~ IDN.IDN by then. Cheers