IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 6th April 2011, 07:18 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 0
idnplayer is an unknown quantity at this point
секс.com or знакомства.com

I have a few Russian guys that runs a nice night spot in NYC wanting to online looking to get into the domain/development market the team willing to drop x,xxx,xxx investment in the Russian idn market the industry they are targeting is towards секс and знакомства, What would you choose секс.com or знакомства.com it will be quite a nice investment so choose wisely which would you rather own for a longterm start up?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 6th April 2011, 07:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 366
Emil is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: секс.com or знакомства.com

neither...why those 2 in particular?

issue is that while those are hot items in US. Russian men have no problems getting women in Russia as ratio there is highly scewed to thier advantage, as number of women outnumber men. Hence rather than sitting online chatting with women, they are outside "closing deals"
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 6th April 2011, 07:28 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 0
idnplayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: секс.com or знакомства.com

This is just the target market they are looking into. not sure about the rest =)
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 6th April 2011, 07:29 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,909
iTrader: (33)
Rep Power: 1238
tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough
Re: секс.com or знакомства.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
issue is that while those are hot items in US. Russian men have no problems getting women in Russia as ratio there is highly scewed to thier advantage, as number of women outnumber men. Hence rather than sitting online chatting with women, they are outside "closing deals"
that must be why all the pictures show the men smiling

to answer the op's question I would go with знакомства but with .tv as the extension
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 7th April 2011, 01:31 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,864
iTrader: (60)
Rep Power: 2202
bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: секс.com or знакомства.com

For that investment I would be more keen to develop some large Russian city websites.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 7th April 2011, 04:54 PM
RussianDomainer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 604
iTrader: (27)
Rep Power: 772
RussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished road
Re: секс.com or знакомства.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnplayer View Post
I have a few Russian guys that runs a nice night spot in NYC wanting to online looking to get into the domain/development market the team willing to drop x,xxx,xxx investment in the Russian idn market the industry they are targeting is towards секс and знакомства, What would you choose секс.com or знакомства.com it will be quite a nice investment so choose wisely which would you rather own for a longterm start up?
I would rather go with знакомства.com because it's a unique word in Russian language meaning dating, matchmaking, connections, introductions, hookups and this wide range of meanings includes "sex dating" as well. And though word "секс" (sex) in Russian is as powerful as in most languages, it's still limited to meaning mostly "making love" or "porn". That's how I see it.

Last edited by RussianDomainer; 7th April 2011 at 04:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 7th April 2011, 05:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 0
idnplayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: секс.com or знакомства.com

Thanks for the input I never looked at it from that approach that was really helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianDomainer View Post
I would rather go with знакомства.com because it's a unique word in Russian language meaning dating, matchmaking, connections, introductions, hookups and this wide range of meanings includes "sex dating" as well. And though word "секс" (sex) in Russian is as powerful as in most languages, it's still limited to meaning mostly "making love" or "porn". That's how I see it.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 7th April 2011, 05:02 PM
555 555 is offline
ком.ком コム.コム
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,141
iTrader: (33)
Rep Power: 1682
555 has disabled reputation
Re: секс.com or знакомства.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnplayer View Post
Thanks for the input I never looked at it from that approach that was really helpful.
Please update us if anything happens, as the only 7 figure deal which happened up to date that i am aware of was for more then one domain. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 7th April 2011, 05:05 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 0
idnplayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: секс.com or знакомства.com

Not sure if the domain will be 7 figures everything from marketing, development, legal and domain is included with that figure.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 7th April 2011, 05:11 PM
domainguru's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (14)
Rep Power: 2517
domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: секс.com or знакомства.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
For that investment I would be more keen to develop some large Russian city websites.
For that money I would go on vacation for 10 years although some might say I have been doing that anyway ....

Last edited by domainguru; 7th April 2011 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: no reason
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 7th April 2011, 05:12 PM
555 555 is offline
ком.ком コム.コム
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,141
iTrader: (33)
Rep Power: 1682
555 has disabled reputation
Re: секс.com or знакомства.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnplayer View Post
Not sure if the domain will be 7 figures everything from marketing, development, legal and domain is included with that figure.
Honestly it's not the amount, high 5 figures, high 6 or 7 figures, to me it's just really nice to see people starting to see (here and more importantly on the natives domain forums), what so many chose to pass on prior, in my personal opinion the next step pricing wise will surely happen on June 20 assuming the new applicant guidebook is approved but moving a step up with idn prices is fairly easy as even today the prices are a bad joke and will likely be paid as monthly payment amounts at best in a couple years.

Last edited by 555; 7th April 2011 at 05:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 7th April 2011, 05:36 PM
RussianDomainer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 604
iTrader: (27)
Rep Power: 772
RussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished road
Re: секс.com or знакомства.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnplayer View Post
Thanks for the input I never looked at it from that approach that was really helpful.
sure, idnplayer, anytime
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:13 PM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54