IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th April 2011, 11:39 AM

has2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished road
Looking for Suggestions......Years worth of content/articles

Hello,

Note: General Question..not IDN specific.

I have been building websites for a few years now and always use original content (Latin/English). The articles and content range across all fields and niches.

90% of the content and articles are residing on the different websites I own.

The content is original and relevant and well written.

I have over 1,000,000+ words broken down into 800-1,000 articles (I am guessing, never counted them.)

Articles are generally 500-2,000 words long.

I don't care about duplicate content penalties and that nonsense.

Question: How can I reuse and utilize this content? And make money?

Looking for suggestions...what would you do to make money with them?

I think all articles and content should be under one tent...or one one website....article directories seem boring and I don't care about a reciprocal link back.

I could add them to my seo site? Bring traffic that way?

Whore them out with Google Adsense ads....develop an article template and let them get self generated?

I don't know...any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 9th April 2011, 02:20 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all
Re: Looking for Suggestions......Years worth of content/articles

There are softwares that change/ replace words with synonyms and stuff like that, supposedly keeping the text meaningful etc. You could try that then reuse your articles or sell them. If you monetize them yourself be sure to use a separate adsense account in case G smartprices you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 9th April 2011, 06:54 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

One thing you could do would be to make additional websites for the content ( Wordpress would probably be quickest and easiest ) and use your content on that. I'd use a mixture of Adsense and any affiliate programs you might know of that compliment the content of the sites.

Though I agree to an extent that it is sometimes best to have everyone on one website ( something like a super portal for your content ) - there is always the risk that one day - that site might take a hit and traffic to it drops.

If you are able to create a number of smaller websites to utilize your content, then I think this is probably the best way. I am actually in the process of doing something similar. I have a large amount of content that I am currently preparing for use on a number of smaller websites.

As Squirrel mentioned, there are some software that you can use that allows you to reqrite ( or spin ) your articles into different versions - therefore helping you to avoid the duplicate content issue with Google. Using something like this would probably be your best bet, in that you wouldn't want to use the exact same article on a number of your sites.

If you are interested in such software - then take a look here - http://www.digital-info-products.com/spinmasterpro/. I have downloaded this software ( free of charge and with master resell rights etc ). It is very easy to use, and with it - I have been able to create multiple versions of my various articles.

If you want to make your own article website and from there use your articles, then have a look at - http://www.articlesetup.com/index.php I haven't had the chance to use this one yet - but I was thinking it might be a useful addition and another way in which to utilize my content.

Good luck

Alex

Old 10th April 2011, 08:55 PM

has2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advice...I downloaded the spinner software, will give it a try later....seems straightforward enough.

I kinda like the idea of reusing the content and making different sites.

I will try and automate everything per se.

Still missing the big picture though; sure it will come to me. But appreciate the direction and start.

Paul