IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2011, 12:22 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation
Do all idn domains start with xn--?

http://forum.searchengines.ru/showthread.php?t=621407

From what i know it's all, if it isn't all please let me know so i can let him know unless he is also a member here?

I have -14000 rep there because i talked about idn's in 2006 and they didn't like it one bit.

Last edited by 555; 16th April 2011 at 11:30 PM..
Old 13th April 2011, 12:26 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Do all idn domains start with xn--?

Yeah, you got to feel for him. Perhaps a bit like a horse with a broken leg, but it is still sadly pathetic.
Old 13th April 2011, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

The current prefix is xn-- for all IDN's.

It could change at a later date, although they have admitted that this would be a huge problem so they are avoiding it at all costs.

Theoretically some of the changes from IDNA2003 to IDNA2008 should have triggered a prefix change, but they decided it was better to NOT change it and incur a few errors.

One of the recent RFP's discusses it.
Old 13th April 2011, 10:50 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555 View Post
I have -14000 rep there because i talked about idn's in 2006 and they didn't like it one bit.
When the "status quo" is challenged, there will always be scars.

Hell, look at the english ascii crew and their resistance. When IDN domains are not only logical they are the future. Legacy domainers aren't any different. They are scared shitless. Well, except for the few we have here.

Anything seen as a threat to their own investments will always be shot down as a "pipe dream" through fear-mongering and playing on the willful ignorance of their listeners.

My favorite was when I was accused of being a "pump and dumper" from a well known ascii domainer. When if you know anything about me here. I don't sell; or rarely try. And then when I do it's not going to sell anyways because what I want for them is not current market value.

But hey, when all else fails. Accuse someone of something that isn't true, down-vote them into oblivion then run. Seems to be the ascii way across all cultures.

Or in other words, "Always shoot the messenger."
Old 14th April 2011, 12:13 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

We want names
Posted via Mobile Device