IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2011, 12:40 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about
Dot VN Announces Vietnamese IDN Registrations Exceed 101,000

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroo....html?d=220595
Old 4th May 2011, 01:49 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
Re: Dot VN Announces Vietnamese IDN Registrations Exceed 101,000

I just tried to "register" an IDN.vn via dot.vn and it comes up as invalid domain name in both Vietnamese and punycode! (-:
Old 4th May 2011, 03:00 AM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot View Post
I just tried to "register" an IDN.vn via dot.vn and it comes up as invalid domain name in both Vietnamese and punycode! (-:
same here
Old 4th May 2011, 05:21 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

my account that i reged on the 28th of May has been deactivated. but when i was checking for domains on the 28, 29th everything was working.

Last edited by DktoInc; 4th May 2011 at 05:23 AM..
Old 4th May 2011, 09:32 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DktoInc View Post
my account that i reged on the 28th of May has been deactivated. but when i was checking for domains on the 28, 29th everything was working.
It's because you opened the account in the future, it hasn't happened yet.
Old 4th May 2011, 09:38 AM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Unless he has a DeLorean with a fully working Flux Capacitor !!

Old 4th May 2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd View Post
Unless he has a DeLorean with a fully working Flux Capacitor !!

HERE
Old 4th May 2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Sorry I mean April not May. Hehehe
Old 5th May 2011, 04:28 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road

From what I can gather from their site, idn.vn is priced initially at $200? With that kind of a price and 100,100 names already registered, they have done a great job promoting their idn. Comparatively, in Thailand, the non-profit THNIC hasn't done as good of a job about publicizing the exisiting of ".ไทย" (.thai) as most Thais are not even aware that they exisit. Add that to the fact that they put lots of restriction on the domain name transfer.
Old 5th May 2011, 07:48 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

bảohiểm.vn resolves but still shows as available for registration. I think Key-Systems is having some problems with the back end. Anyways, 100 K new IDN regs would be great news
Old 5th May 2011, 08:07 PM

squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

The fun is all here : http://tenmientiengviet.vn/jsp/index.jsp

click the big red button to access the UI

+ I'm not sure if I'm reading correctly but are they giving away domains ? I see a limit of 5 per individuals and 100 per companies
Old 5th May 2011, 08:35 PM

wow, this looks truly fantastic, every name I checked was taken, including the hyphenated version ! Great stuff.

Anybody got anything ? Dk ?

Last edited by squirrel; 5th May 2011 at 08:36 PM..
Old 5th May 2011, 09:06 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

When I enter a hyphenated domain I get:

Quote:
Status: The number of characters of the domain name has been entered more than the maximum number of characters a single word in Vietnamese.
Suggest you return the form in the spaces continue to be registered.
Old 5th May 2011, 09:19 PM

Is that before or after entering the whois info/DNS ?
Old 5th May 2011, 09:29 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road

I meant here : http://tenmientiengviet.vn/jsp/index.jsp
trying to see if it's available.
Old 5th May 2011, 09:35 PM

You can't use the whois tool, it doesn't support IDNs. You need to click the big red button and access to the registration UI ( http://dangky.tenmientiengviet.vn/js...erDomainVN.jsp )
Old 5th May 2011, 09:51 PM

That's what I'm doing but I keep getting the "too many characters" result. Except on two names. One showed available and the other one taken. (All hyphenated)
Old 5th May 2011, 10:25 PM

Can't help you sorry
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 5th May 2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
wow, this looks truly fantastic, every name I checked was taken, including the hyphenated version ! Great stuff.

Anybody got anything ? Dk ?

pulled out at the last second. Had the top 5 on Jose's Top 10 list. probably good that i did considering that they have suspended my account for an unknown reason 2 days later. It just didn't feel right and +$200 per name.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:08 PM

200 seems expensive. Was that the price at the german registrars or the vietnamese one ? I hardly believe that they got 100 k regs @ 200 a pop.
Posted via Mobile Device