IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 域名

域名 Discussion for Chinese IDN domain names. Chinese domains include .cn, .com, & .net.
This section is for discussion only Please do NOT post Chinese domains for sale here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th May 2006, 06:52 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
The definitive story on Chinese Parking

Theres a couple of threads that keep touching on the parking of Chinese names, and how Sedo and ND are blocked in China; however nobody has outright answered the question:

Should we even attempt to park Chinese Names, or is the only option to host a Adsense page?

If parking is an option, is SilverClicks accesible from within China, and if so, is it likely to go the same way as Sedo and ND?
Old 17th May 2006, 07:13 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: The definitive story on Chinese Parking

Visitors: 2
Searches: 1
Clicks: 0
China Revenue: ¥1.06

Amazing program. For 0 clicks you get ¥1.06.

Somehow, I don't believe their stats at all. I tried hosting on my own server, and I get a lot more than 2 mainland China visitors over the same period of time.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 17th May 2006 at 07:15 AM..
Old 17th May 2006, 07:15 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast

parked where?
Old 17th May 2006, 07:17 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
parked where?
Silverclicks.
Old 17th May 2006, 07:34 AM
Semi-retired

Silly question... is Silver Clicks only for Chinese names?

if so, what are we supposed to do with terms that translate in both Chinese and Japanese?

Parking with SC will exclude Japanese users
Parking with ND will exlclude Chinese users

or have i got this all wrong?
Old 17th May 2006, 07:43 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Somehow, I don't believe their stats at all. I tried hosting on my own server, and I get a lot more than 2 mainland China visitors over the same period of time.

Can anyone verify this?
Old 17th May 2006, 07:47 AM
Veteran

Quote:
if so, what are we supposed to do with terms that translate in both Chinese and Japanese?
The ideal situation would be to run your own server that senses the IP or the Browser Language and routes traffic towards the right PPC program.
Old 17th May 2006, 08:21 AM
Veteran

Quote:
The ideal situation would be to run your own server that senses the IP or the Browser Language and routes traffic towards the right PPC program.

I bet that 90% of chinese domain traffic outside china are from speculators, so it will not be worthwhile doing this. The best scenario will be for Namedrive to setup a separate server for Chinese domains and for partner Google to display Chinese ads - we know Google has chinese ads.
Old 17th May 2006, 08:24 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
I bet that 90% of chinese domain traffic outside china are from speculators, so it will not be worthwhile doing this. The best scenario will be for Namedrive to setup a separate server for Chinese domains and for partner Google to display Chinese ads - we know Google has chinese ads.
you're heavily invested in Chinese names I guess.. is this your advice then, wait for ND?
Old 17th May 2006, 08:39 AM
Veteran

Quote:
you're heavily invested in Chinese names I guess.. is this your advice then, wait for ND?

It's better to park at SC first while things work out on ND, who knows how long it will take?

In the meantime, Sedo is actively trying to fix the Chinese firewall problem, so maybe they will get there first.
Old 17th May 2006, 09:40 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
I bet that 90% of chinese domain traffic outside china are from speculators, so it will not be worthwhile doing this.
The intent is to separate out Japanese and Korean traffic from Chinese. It's not speculator traffic.

Example: I get mixed traffic on 美女.tv. I need to route the Japanese traffic to the right adult sites, and the Chinese traffic I don't know where, and American IP traffic elsewhere since Japanese adult affiliates don't accept American traffic, and won't accept Chinese orders either due to credit card fraud and scamming from China, also non-mainland China traffic needs to go somewhere too.

It's too bad it is so segregated, but thats only the governments' faults.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 17th May 2006 at 09:42 AM..
Old 17th May 2006, 09:43 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
The intent is to separate out Japanese and Korean traffic from Chinese. It's not speculator traffic.

Example: I get mixed traffic on 美女.tv. I need to route the Japanese traffic to the right adult sites, and the Chinese traffic I don't know where, and American IP traffic elsewhere since Japanese adult affiliates don't accept American traffic, and won't accept Chinese orders either due to credit card fraud and scamming from China.
what a nightmare.
Old 17th May 2006, 09:46 AM
Veteran

Quote:
what a nightmare.
We are going to see this problem a lot more. If you own domains that are the same in Chinese and Japanese, especially if they are also the same in simplified and traditional, you have some work to do, and fast too, sice if you don't route it correctly, you could loose out and have your IP banned by the wall of China for example.

If anyone has the right code for apache's config file to do sensing by IP region, I would really appreciate some tips.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 17th May 2006 at 09:48 AM..
Old 17th May 2006, 09:53 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
We are going to see this problem a lot more. If you own domains that are the same in Chinese and Japanese, especially if they are also the same in simplified and traditional, you have some work to do, and fast too, sice if you don't route it correctly, you could loose out and have your IP banned by the wall of China for example.
well routing and hosting and all that messing about sounds like way to much trouble. If i wanted to develop a site, then yes - but if all I want to do is park and test traffic, it sounds like I need to choose between 3 countries, and then alternate between parking providers collecting stats.

edit: so for the record:

Japanese: parked at ND
Simplified Chinese: parked at SC
Traditional Chinese: can that be parked at ND? Taiwan don't block do they?

Last edited by alpha; 17th May 2006 at 10:09 AM..
Old 6th June 2006, 10:20 AM
Banned

idn1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If you own domains that are the same in Chinese and Japanese, especially if they are also the same in simplified and traditional, you have some work to do, and fast too, sice if you don't route it correctly, you could loose out and have your IP banned by the wall of China for example.
Hi

Could you expand on this issue a little more please?

I have a domain, that is the same in Japanese and
Chinese (simp and trad). It is a .jp, and i've got it
parked at ND.

I'm just not clear on what routing has to do with IP
banning? (am I being naive?).

Regards
Old 6th June 2006, 10:25 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn1234
Hi

Could you expand on this issue a little more please?

I have a domain, that is the same in Japanese and
Chinese (simp and trad). It is a .jp, and i've got it
parked at ND.

I'm just not clear on what routing has to do with IP
banning? (am I being naive?).

Regards
it's a .JP, so you are not concerned about the chinese market.
Old 6th June 2006, 10:51 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

I guess this is silverclicks (sister company?)- Hong Kong based www.dopa.com for Chinese Parking

WEBSITE TEXT- is basically same as silverclicks- QUOTE:
What's Dopa- It's the first domain parking system for China traffic and base in China. Get paid for clicks on sponsored links while your domain is parking with Dopa. While parking, your domain will show sponsored links that can earn money for you while you are sleeping.
Predominance of Dopa
· The unique domain parking system supports china traffic;
· The maximum revenue ensured with patent technology;
· Next 8 payouts;
· Supports Chinese IDN domains.
How to join Dopa
If you are managing a portfolio with domain traffic above 1,000 unique visitors per day, please call us at +86.571.85354101 or email us at Support@Dopa.com.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 6th June 2006 at 10:55 AM..
Old 6th June 2006, 10:54 AM
Semi-retired

i have a few hundred names parked there. I earnt nearly 1 yen last month. hmmm great.
Old 6th June 2006, 11:04 AM

zibin is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to zibin

Yes, u r right.

silverclicks and dopa seemed almost to be the same company. What diff company uses same office lot? Check out their "Contact Us"

Their page template looks almost like yahoo mail's. Is this some template engine? Any1 knows?
Old 6th June 2006, 11:11 AM
Veteran

I got about 80 names parked there, earned about 15-16 yuan average a day until last weeks when it dropped to 7-8 yuan a day. :o

Company looks fine though.