IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 21st May 2011, 12:17 AM
Steve Clarke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,081
iTrader: (23)
Rep Power: 1258
Steve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enough
Frank Schillings new parking service.

I'm not one to quote the so called domain gurus, because most were lucky enough to have big bankrolls...and anyone can do fantastic in this business, if they have available funds.
Besides most of them have very little vision, if you see how many of them missed the boat completely, with Idns.
However, I stumbled across Rick Schwarz comments on Frank Schillings new parking service...and this paragraph, caught my eye:

What will those companies say when you have a domain making .86 cents a day and then starts making $30????????? Sorry we have been screwing you all this time?? Sorry we were getting fat on YOUR traffic??? Sorry we were taking MOST of the payouts?? Sorry but we are FRIENDS?? BULLSHIT!!!

Now obviously this is the most extreme case right now. But the increase overall is staggering. So....

Sorry guys, you got away with it long enough. It's OVER BABY!! Enjoy the mud.


I thought it was Google being greedy...but he seems to be saying that the parking companies, have been taking us to the cleaners BIG TIME!


More Details Here
__________________
All Offers Automatically Expire After 2 weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 21st May 2011, 03:53 AM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4514
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Frank Schillings new parking service.

Rick only has it half right. Frank is getting a better rate from Google because he is selling a distilled product. It is the junk development that has been diluting earnings. Google do not want to buy their own tfraffic back. They don't want their results full of junk in the first place.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 22nd May 2011, 06:22 PM
sarcle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,717
iTrader: (22)
Rep Power: 1732
sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: Frank Schillings new parking service.

First, isn't Rick sponsored by parking companies through Traffic? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. "I've made money off you getting raped!"

Second, I'm sure this only helps the top 2% of the industry. The mid-90's guys. As I'm sure only a select few are allowed in Frank's parking and that minumum parking dollar amount excludes the other 98% of domainers including IDN.

I find it funny/ironic the ones screaming the loudest that this industry needs to grow are the first to exclude the rest out.

You make that other "98%" more money and you'll grow the industry. Until then you are beating a drum that is well worn out.
__________________
I can hear the death rattle of fiat from here...
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 22nd May 2011, 06:49 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4514
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Frank Schillings new parking service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
First, isn't Rick sponsored by parking companies through Traffic? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. "I've made money off you getting raped!"

Second, I'm sure this only helps the top 2% of the industry. The mid-90's guys. As I'm sure only a select few are allowed in Frank's parking and that minumum parking dollar amount excludes the other 98% of domainers including IDN.

I find it funny/ironic the ones screaming the loudest that this industry needs to grow are the first to exclude the rest out.

You make that other "98%" more money and you'll grow the industry. Until then you are beating a drum that is well worn out.
Be fair 90% of the "industry" will never make money with or without Frank's help.

This is where PPC and SEOngo there separate ways. Google and Yahoo have had it with SEO Cowboys hijacking there search results to sell them back their own traffic. They are only interested in distilled natural traffic. Adios Namepros.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 22nd May 2011, 06:56 PM
sarcle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,717
iTrader: (22)
Rep Power: 1732
sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: Frank Schillings new parking service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
Be fair 90% of the "industry" will never make money with or without Frank's help.

This is where PPC and SEOngo there separate ways. Google and Yahoo have had it with SEO Cowboys hijacking there search results to sell them back their own traffic. They are only interested in distilled natural traffic. Adios Namepros
While I agree with this. It isn't their fault only. It is the same people that told them to register long-tail domains. That told them to register/buy .mobi domains. That told them to mini-site their domain. That told them to not register IDN domains. That told them to.... It's not just namepros to blame here. Namepros is just a by-product of all this bullshit being thrown around. They need to bear some responsibility as well. For which I've seen none. No accountability nor responsibility from these industry leaders.
__________________
I can hear the death rattle of fiat from here...

Last edited by sarcle; 22nd May 2011 at 07:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:56 PM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54