View Single Post
Old 26th June 2006, 01:46 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: Indian IT review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbiohealth
Well, we are talking about different investment styles. For me 5 years is a doable risk if the returns expected are decent. It is commonplace for FIIs, for example, to invest in stocks for 5-10 years. Regarding technology obsolescence, no one knows about it for sure, therefore it is insignificant in our decision making today.

I am invested mainly in Indian IDNs because that's the market I understand and most importantly it is still in the very intial phase. Since Indian domain market is not yet as developed as those of chinese etc, it has allowed me to to pick up some "crème de la crème" domain names. By that I mean something like music, home, phone, mobile, credit card, bank, finance et al. You would appreciate how crucial it is to have a top-class domain. Literally speaking, one top name can sometimes be worth a lot more than 100s of "good" names. However, this does not mean that there is anything wrong in picking up "good" domains in more developed markets, a decision usually driven by one's risk appetite, convenience and plan. From my "limited" knowledge, I can point out only two guys from this forum who have volumes of real topclass domains of developed markets (like chinese). This is simply because both of them entered the scene well before everyone else did. They are Giant and RD. I think no one can complain about the quality of names these two have. Overall the theme is, in order to acquire top-class names of any market one has to connect at a very early stage in the chain of events. All this led me to Indian IDNs, where today I can safely say that most of the hindi IDN creme is already gone. It pays to be contrarion at times. Let's see what happens in future ..
you really do own all those top hindi domains?

lucky :P