IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2011, 07:05 AM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road
A souvenir from Turkey

Nothing edible, but I thought you guys would enjoy seeing a picture like this. :D

Not sure what it says, but this was written on the glass wall of a flower shop in Istanbul.

Last edited by Ryu; 31st May 2011 at 07:06 AM..
Old 31st May 2011, 07:52 PM

o.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enough
Re: A souvenir from Turkey

"flower stop". Or "flower station" sounds better in English I guess.
Old 31st May 2011, 08:09 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

they're not using the domain though ÇiçekDurağı.com, not even pointing to cicekduragi.com
Old 1st June 2011, 04:13 AM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Thanks o.c. for translation. That sounds fit to the way it's displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
they're not using the domain though ÇiçekDurağı.com, not even pointing to cicekduragi.com
That's pity. And it appears the registrant of IDN is different from that of ascii.
Old 1st June 2011, 04:15 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

same email
Old 1st June 2011, 04:37 AM

Oops. So they own the IDN but are not using it even for redirection. That's silly.
Old 1st June 2011, 05:50 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Page widening makes it hard to reply.

Domain Name: cicekduragi.com
Registrant: *******@gmial.com ??!

Can't spell or what?
Old 1st June 2011, 10:02 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Oops. So they own the IDN but are not using it even for redirection. That's silly.
Thais do that. They brand their shop as "whatever.com" but the domain isn't even registered or owned by someone else! Guess they aren't online yet....

Hope Turkey is proving a great adventure for you. What camera are you using?
Old 1st June 2011, 10:13 AM

Japanese do that too (i mean, branding websites with IDNs they don't even own). But in this case, the Turkish flower shop does own the IDN and doesn't use it. What's the point of registering it then, I wonder.

I'm actually already back from Turkey. It's been about a week or so in Japan I think. I used my xperia mini to take the picture and that flower shop photo is the only photo I took in Turkey.