IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Sales Report

IDN Sales Report Post sales of IDN domains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2011, 09:29 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation
Чемпионат.com $4,500

A couple more IDN sales inside this weeks DNJ chart
http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm
Old 8th June 2011, 09:50 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: Чемпионат.com $4,500

Чемпионат.com $4,500? Damn, the difference an end user makes, lol. It would not reach $45 here on idnforums.
Old 8th June 2011, 10:26 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
Чемпионат.com $4,500? Damn, the difference an end user makes, lol. It would not reach $45 here on idnforums.
Almost 4 million Yandex and 110k GKT? Where are those domains you can buy for $45 you speak of?

Yeah, 10-20k GKT you can get for that, but 110k? Sell me some of those domains Jose. :p
Old 8th June 2011, 11:06 PM

chrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished road

Schnäppchen.com - kicked in $6,862
Old 8th June 2011, 11:42 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
Almost 4 million Yandex and 110k GKT? Where are those domains you can buy for $45 you speak of?

Yeah, 10-20k GKT you can get for that, but 110k? Sell me some of those domains Jose. :p
I am absolutely sure there are thousands of examples. I'll take note of your comment and will remember it on future auctions.

Here's a recent one that I recall of:

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2881...m-russian.html

Russian 40k EXACT ..... worth half of that right? So it must have sold for $2250? Wrong, it sold for $5!
Old 8th June 2011, 11:57 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I am absolutely sure there are thousands of examples. I'll take note of your comment and will remember it on future auctions.

Here's a recent one that I recall of:

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2881...m-russian.html

Russian 40k EXACT ..... worth half of that right? So it must have sold for $2250? Wrong, it sold for $5!
Well, to compare apples to apples, сайтызнакомств actually has 61 yandex and 28 GKT. With the "-" it actually has 1540 for сайты знакомств com which is higher than Чемпионат.com which sits at 464.

Russian two word domains aren't the same as single word generics. Also, you don't have to take note, just pm me when you sell a single word .com for that cheap with those stats.
Old 9th June 2011, 12:12 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Well, to compare apples to apples, сайтызнакомств actually has 61 yandex and 28 GKT. With the "-" it actually has 1540 for сайты знакомств com which is higher than Чемпионат.com which sits at 464.

Russian two word domains aren't the same as single word generics. Also, you don't have to take note, just pm me when you sell a single word .com for that cheap with those stats.
Ok, so single word is the reason. I bet had I used other language you would be saying it is not Russian. Anyway, my point was that in here we are resellers and that's the reason, imho, for the very low price.
Old 9th June 2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Ok, so single word is the reason. I bet had I used other language you would be saying it is not Russian. Anyway, my point was that in here we are resellers and that's the reason, imho, for the very low price.
I know you know that Russians prefer hyphens. Why are you acting like you don't know that? And the stats back it up on this one. I also know you have a couple single word Russians with those stats. Put one up for sale.
Old 9th June 2011, 04:48 AM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road

I get what Jose is saying though - I've had a single-word Russian .com with 20,679,745 yandex wordstat for sale for a few days now, for less than $500, and it goes largely unnoticed...
Old 9th June 2011, 05:11 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Why are you acting like you don't know that?
José likes to play the fool as always.
Old 9th June 2011, 05:27 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Why are you acting like you don't know that?
What? That сайты-знакомств.com is worth more than сайтызнакомств.com?
Old 9th June 2011, 06:11 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
Arrow Re: Чемпионат.com $4,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainstosell View Post
I get what Jose is saying though - I've had a single-word Russian .com with 20,679,745 yandex wordstat for sale for a few days now, for less than $500, and it goes largely unnoticed...
It's all the forums not just here, names sell for pennies.

Even on Sedo auctions now many no reserve auctions where you can pick up a bargain ascii and the odd IDN is appearing.

The problem is knowing what appeals to whom, I have had names that I had considered dropping and then they sell for $x,xxx- it's a funny old business we are in.
Old 9th June 2011, 06:25 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
What? That сайты-знакомств.com is worth more than сайтызнакомств.com?
not in this case, but for example Веб-форум.com may be worth more than Вебфорум.com just because grammatically correct way to spell it is with a dash.

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%98%...80%D1%83%D0%BC

Last edited by DktoInc; 9th June 2011 at 06:25 AM..
Old 9th June 2011, 02:59 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DktoInc View Post
not in this case, but for example Веб-форум.com may be worth more than Вебфорум.com just because grammatically correct way to spell it is with a dash.

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%98%...80%D1%83%D0%BC

Thanks DktoInc. I thought I was going gaga.

Hey, blastfromthepast , please do me a favor and don't jump into conclusions on every opportunity to be against me.