IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > IDN Domain Name Parking

IDN Domain Name Parking Forum for parking international Domain names & services.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th May 2012, 11:17 AM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Anyone know what "SedoMLS need-confirm domains:"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
I have a theory.

I think what all these domains have in common, is that at one point they belonged to someone who parked them at SEDO. That person let those domains drop (and you caught them), but he didn't delete them from his SEDO list. Recently (according to my theory) he added his entire list of SEDO-parked domains, including the ones he no longer actually owns, to SEDO MLS. And SEDO MLS is automatically contacting the owner, who is now you, to confirm that you want to add your domains to his SEDO MLS listings. Which you don't.

The best solution, I suppose, would be to contact the former owner and ask him to take your domains off his SEDO MLS list.

Avtal

P.S. Until this gets fixed, if you log into your Dynadot account and look at your list of domains, you'll see something about "confirmation needed" next to the ones you received email about.
Avtal,
do you write crime fiction? If not, you should
Old 11th May 2012, 11:21 AM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

I got one today for the first time.
Old 11th May 2012, 12:30 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

got several today. They could at least look at the whois for a match before sending those requests
Old 12th May 2012, 01:01 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
Avtal,
do you write crime fiction? If not, you should
Thanks! Anyway, I got a few of these messages today, for domains I recently acquired. If you ignore them, they'll eventually stop.

Avtal
Old 29th January 2013, 06:53 PM

Ben has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura about

I’m still getting these. :/
Old 29th January 2013, 07:30 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I'm still getting these, anyone know how to stop them? Is it a scam?
No, but if you "agree" you are basically agreeing to sell your domain name for about $60, maybe more if you are lucky.

My understanding is that by agreeing, you kick the domain up to Sedo auction at minimum of $60 starting bid and its binding. I think you get those when someone puts a bid on your domain agreeing to a minumum bid of $60.

Anyone else know more??
Old 29th January 2013, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

I think it's more likely to be someone trying to load other people's names into their SEDO account.
Old 30th January 2013, 10:04 AM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
No, but if you "agree" you are basically agreeing to sell your domain name for about $60, maybe more if you are lucky.

My understanding is that by agreeing, you kick the domain up to Sedo auction at minimum of $60 starting bid and its binding. I think you get those when someone puts a bid on your domain agreeing to a minumum bid of $60.

Anyone else know more??
No, it's got nothing to do with auctions. Sedo MLS is a system where buyers can purchase domain names directly from their registrar at a fixed price. Well, in theory.
Old 30th January 2013, 12:31 PM

NameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enough

So sick of these too, they are coming every day again.