IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > IDN Domain Name Parking

IDN Domain Name Parking Forum for parking international Domain names & services.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th June 2011, 12:16 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Anyone know what "SedoMLS need-confirm domains:"

Got this email from Dynadot today, can anyone post the 2 cents on what this is about.
Decided not to click on the link as not sure what evil may be lurking. :p

We have received SedoMLS promotion requests for the domains listed below. If you want to activate your SedoMLS promotion, please comfirm the request by following the instruction below:

dynadot.com/community/help/question.html xxxx xxxx

SedoMLS need-confirm domains:

xn--90ai0ai5a.com борец.com
xn--j1ahb.com око.com

Best Regards,
Dynadot Staff
Old 18th June 2011, 01:31 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Anyone know what "SedoMLS need-confirm domains:"

I got some for some Cyrillic domains as well.
Old 18th June 2011, 03:26 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

SEDO?

Some Extremely Dopy Outfit?
Old 18th June 2011, 03:40 PM

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

Not sure about that e-mail but I'll take this opportunity to mention that Name.com is warning that fake renewal e-mail notices are making the rounds. I think the people here will be pretty safe as I can't see anyone paying the $75 renewal fee they are requesting.
Old 18th June 2011, 03:50 PM

Avtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura about

I have a theory.

I think what all these domains have in common, is that at one point they belonged to someone who parked them at SEDO. That person let those domains drop (and you caught them), but he didn't delete them from his SEDO list. Recently (according to my theory) he added his entire list of SEDO-parked domains, including the ones he no longer actually owns, to SEDO MLS. And SEDO MLS is automatically contacting the owner, who is now you, to confirm that you want to add your domains to his SEDO MLS listings. Which you don't.

The best solution, I suppose, would be to contact the former owner and ask him to take your domains off his SEDO MLS list.

Avtal

P.S. Until this gets fixed, if you log into your Dynadot account and look at your list of domains, you'll see something about "confirmation needed" next to the ones you received email about.

Last edited by Avtal; 18th June 2011 at 03:51 PM..
Old 18th June 2011, 04:01 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
at one point they belonged to someone who parked them at SEDO.
I don't think the theory is valid
Old 18th June 2011, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

I think Avtal has it correct. I got one too.

The silly thing is I don't think SEDOmls even WORKS with non-ASCII. Dynadot's implementation certain doesn't bring up SEDOmls listings when you search a german umlaut string, for starters, so I find it difficult to consider it works with cyrillic yet. Maybe SEDO is getting Swahili working first.

Be very careful, because if you confirm the SEDOMLS listing at Dynadot, someone can then purchase the name INSTANTLY at whatever price the original lister at SEDO has put on it, and the money goes to him. Could be a good scam.
Old 18th June 2011, 06:56 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

идн .com was regged feb 2006 and was never with sedo.

I emailed Dynadot and will update if i hear back.
Old 18th June 2011, 06:58 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The best solution, I suppose, would be to contact the former owner and ask him to take your domains off his SEDO MLS list.
Is the information on the former owner available somewhere (that you don't have to pay for it).
Old 18th June 2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Be very careful, because if you confirm the SEDOMLS listing at Dynadot, someone can then purchase the name INSTANTLY at whatever price the original lister at SEDO has put on it, and the money goes to him. Could be a good scam.
That's exactly what I was thinking/speculating....you confirm it with Dynadot and SEDO can push name into a no reserve auction. Not sure this is the case, but seems they would be clearer in the e-mail.
Old 18th June 2011, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

No. The person who loaded the name into SEDOMLS has to put a fixed price on it.

Then the SEDO system contacts Dynadot (automatically) and Dynadot asks the owner for confirmation.

If you confirm, you could very quickly lose control of the name.

An unscrupulous person could load your best names into SEDOMLS with a $100 price, and if you confirm, they could go to a SEDOMLS partner, search for the name, then buy it for $100. (Not Dynadot yet, because DYnadot's SEDOMLS system fails to work for IDN's at present)

Unless the person loading these names into SEDOMLS owned these names previously (and listed them at SEDO at the time), there appears to be a security hole at SEDO causing this problem because SEDO are supposed to confirm the WHOIS matches their account owner before allowing names to go live at SEDO.

That идн.com is listed seems to confirm that there IS a security hole at SEDO.
Old 18th June 2011, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Dynadot have now confirmed with me they are aware of extraneous SEDOMLS requests from SEDO and ask users to not confirm any (of course) and that they are investigating the matter.
Old 19th June 2011, 02:41 AM

RussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished road

I know how to get rid of this "sedomls-need-confirm" status on Dynadot.com. Go to "My Account" tab - then on the left click the "DOMAINS" tab. In the "Search settings:" text box enter all domains that have such status, then click "Set Filters" button. Now you'll see only names with "sedomls-need-confirm" status listed. Check-select all of them and click gray button "Set SedoMLS". You'll be taken to a new page/screen titled "Set SedoMLS Settings for Selected Domains". There you have two choices in the drop down menu:

1. Confirm SedoMLS (default choice - don't select it)

2. Delete from SedoMLS (pick this one)

Click button "Save Settings" and you should be fine
Old 24th June 2011, 02:56 AM

Avtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura aboutAvtal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianDomainer View Post
I know how to get rid of this "sedomls-need-confirm" status on Dynadot.com. Go to "My Account" tab - then on the left click the "DOMAINS" tab. In the "Search settings:" text box enter all domains that have such status, then click "Set Filters" button. Now you'll see only names with "sedomls-need-confirm" status listed. Check-select all of them and click gray button "Set SedoMLS". You'll be taken to a new page/screen titled "Set SedoMLS Settings for Selected Domains". There you have two choices in the drop down menu:

1. Confirm SedoMLS (default choice - don't select it)

2. Delete from SedoMLS (pick this one)

Click button "Save Settings" and you should be fine
I tried this (the "Delete from SedoMLS" option), but it didn't work.

I contacted Dynadot to ask why. They said I need to do this in two steps:

1) Confirm SedoMLS.
2) Immediately afterwards, delete from SedoMLS.

This seems like a bad idea. If anything goes wrong between the two steps, my domain could end up for sale on Sedo. And someone else would get the proceeds of the sale.

Pretty annoying.

Avtal
Old 25th June 2011, 12:55 PM

RussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I tried this (the "Delete from SedoMLS" option), but it didn't work.

I contacted Dynadot to ask why. They said I need to do this in two steps:

1) Confirm SedoMLS.
2) Immediately afterwards, delete from SedoMLS.

This seems like a bad idea. If anything goes wrong between the two steps, my domain could end up for sale on Sedo. And someone else would get the proceeds of the sale.

Pretty annoying.

Avtal
That's right, I have to confirm first, before I can delete it. Okay, though not perfect - it's still a solution.
Old 25th June 2011, 02:08 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

What about doing something on the Sedo side?
Old 26th June 2011, 12:48 PM
Premium User

DavyBUK is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just received my first one of these too so I'll be interested to know if Dynadot come back with anything
Old 26th June 2011, 12:51 PM

Yeah, I got 2 more in the last week. Hopefully they can just turn this off.
Maybe if a few of us contact Dynadot CS they will set up an opt out.
Old 27th June 2011, 05:08 AM
Veteran

I keep getting more and more of these.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 27th June 2011 at 05:08 AM..
Old 11th May 2012, 10:53 AM

Ben has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura about

I'm still getting these, anyone know how to stop them? Is it a scam?

Last edited by Ben; 11th May 2012 at 10:53 AM..