IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th June 2011, 12:11 AM
Premium User

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough
Media coverage

Hopefully, this article will not be representative of the quality of media coverage of the ICANN Singapore meeting.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10733340
Old 20th June 2011, 12:44 AM
Premium User

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough
Re: Media coverage

I will be following the news coverage coming out over the next few days and contacting media editorial departments where appropriate. The aim is to encourage accurate reporting and of course coverage of the most substantive part of the new gTLD program, namely the introduction of foreign language gTLD's.
It would be great if a bunch of us here could do this in several languages as there are likely to be thousands of stories in the media in the next few days. Here's the approach I will be using. Start by pointing out obvious factual inaccuracies in the story, it is preferable if you can find three. Make sure to throw in a couple of acronyms so it sounds like you actually know what you are talking about. The fourth point should be the statement that the foreign language gTLD's are obviously the most substantive innovation in the new gTLD program. Of course, journalists are working on tight deadlines and don't have the time to become experts in every field. They will likely make corrections or come out with additional articles that are more balanced, accurate and report on IDN gTLD's prominently and positively.
Old 20th June 2011, 01:09 AM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent99 View Post
I will be following the news coverage coming out over the next few days and contacting media editorial departments where appropriate. The aim is to encourage accurate reporting and of course coverage of the most substantive part of the new gTLD program, namely the introduction of foreign language gTLD's.
It would be great if a bunch of us here could do this in several languages as there are likely to be thousands of stories in the media in the next few days. Here's the approach I will be using. Start by pointing out obvious factual inaccuracies in the story, it is preferable if you can find three. Make sure to throw in a couple of acronyms so it sounds like you actually know what you are talking about. The fourth point should be the statement that the foreign language gTLD's are obviously the most substantive innovation in the new gTLD program. Of course, journalists are working on tight deadlines and don't have the time to become experts in every field. They will likely make corrections or come out with additional articles that are more balanced, accurate and report on IDN gTLD's prominently and positively.
Kent and anyone else who is working on raising awareness and trying to get accuracy in reporting please PM me if i can help with anything, i can do Hebrew and Russian translations if necessary and have i think a massive amount of information about idn's that i saved from the last 5.5 years.
Old 20th June 2011, 01:36 AM
Premium User

Michael, if you go to Google advanced search and restrict your searches to Hebrew and Russian while searching for ICANN, it should bring up most of the Hebrew and Russian stories. For English I search for ICANN on Twitter and on the Google news feed, which is usually about the 5th search result on p.1. If you were particularly ambitious, you could probably write the stories yourself and get them published verbatim. The hopeless alcoholic journalists would appreciate the help, I'm sure.

Last edited by Kent99; 20th June 2011 at 01:36 AM..