IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2006, 12:39 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
I quit DNForum.com

I have been getting aggevation from the Moderators there about mentioning information here. Frankly, I fed up with the whole thing at that Forum. They will not make any provision for the discussion of IDN. I cannot replicate everything from here to there.

I have therefore decided to stop participating at DNForums unless there is a distinct change of attitude. I shall therefore not be answering anymore post or PMs at that forum.
Apologies for any inconvience caused.

Originally Posted by JEsports
Please take note of the following rule:

"Promoting other domain name or webmaster related forums (or any forum that resembles the structure and/or content of DNForum) in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted, unless it is a legitimate sale, and then you may ONLY post the sale in the proper forum and not in your signature or anywhere else on the forum."

thanks

Originally Posted by JEsports
Dear dwrixon,

You have been warned for one of your posts, which violated Dnforum -The place to talk, buy and sell domains Rules. The reason you have been warned is because:

Blatant Advertising Outside Advertising section
(Warning Type = Blatant Advertising Outside Advertising section)

For this violation, you have been given : 1 point(s).
The point(s) will remain in your account for 30 days.
After that, they will be removed automatically.

The post for which you are warned can be seen here:

Warned Post

The admin/moderator who warned you, entered this comment:

=======================================
No advertising of competing forums. You have violated this rule in multiple threads.
=======================================

Your total Warning Level at the moment is: 1 point(s).

If you reach the maximum of 3, you will be banned from the Forums, for 31 days.

To see details about all the warnings you have received, until now, please click here.

Please reply back if you have a dispute.

Frankly, this is non-sense.

IDNForums.com only deals with IDNs.

DNForums has constantly refused and even totally ignored requests to provide a decent provision for this important topic of IDNs and many of it members are very hostile if you even mention IDN in a mainstream thread. You have simply refused to compete!

I have no financial interest or commercial share or any other commercial dealings with www.idnforums.com, so I fail to see how this can be advertising.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Ok! not a problem. It is clear that meaningful debate on this issue or any related issue is getting just about impossible at DNForums, so I shall abstain altogether.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
[/color]
Old 3rd January 2006, 04:27 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
Re: I quit DNForum.com

I have witnessed your frustration.

It must be cathartic to finally leave... so congrats!
Old 3rd January 2006, 04:35 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper
I have witnessed your frustration.

It must be cathartic to finally leave... so congrats!
It not really that. Frankly, I think its a total waste of my time.

Those that are going to listen are probably already here, and I am certainly not going to get through to the rest if the Mods are going to try to suppress the message.

Not only that, if you actually deduct my threads and those of others from this Forum, there is not actually that much of interest being discussed at the moment.

It seems to have degenerated into an appraisal Forum for Dropthedeaddonkey.com.

DNForum these days seem to have trouble getting as many online as we do.

Anyway thanks. I am going to devote what time I have to spare to those on here, that appreciate the value of shared dialogue.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
Old 3rd January 2006, 05:33 PM
Veteran

Error
Old 4th January 2006, 03:40 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Wow guy :o

I understand your fustration, I really look at here as a place mainly for IDN domains & I tool don't write important info over there.
On this forum as long as I own it I will say mentioning other forums & linking to stuff on other Domain forums is completely OK I mean it's not like most of us aren't members of
DNforum
NP
etc. anyway....
I even saw you guys on Domainstate.

Anyway thank you for your support Dave,
If I didn't argue with you initially on DNF I wouldn't have realize I was making a mistake & this was a new market with my bilingual & Japan knowledge could really expand the market...

I love being a pioneer... Thanks for leading the way....
Old 4th January 2006, 04:02 AM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

Can you imagine they removed my signature because it contains a domain for sale that is competing with their forum ?!!

they claimed that the domain contains the term "domain forum" and thus competing with the forum and breaking the rules!!!!!!!

I told them it is just a domain parked at sedo for sale and not competing with anything

but no answers! and the name was removed by the moderator

dnforum is acting in a crazy very annoying way ...and not only they don't pay attention to IDNs because they missed it ;D but also they refuse tolet people refer to any useful links

what a sad life!
Old 4th January 2006, 08:02 AM

Domagon is an unknown quantity at this point

Link restrictions often tend to hurt websites longterm. I've run numerous types of websites and found allowing links to outside sites didn't effect traffic as much as one would think - if anything, allowing outside linking often led to more traffic. The adult industry is among the leaders of cross-links, traffic-trades, etc ... point being, it's not a zero-sum game.

With that said, each site has its restrictions, quirks, etc, so I respect DNForum's stance nevertheless ... anyways, I hope you return to DNForum, since you have much good information to offer - but either way, good luck here and may this forum prosper too

Ron
Old 4th January 2006, 08:11 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domagon

With that said, each site has its restrictions, quirks, etc, so I respect DNForum's stance nevertheless ... anyways, I hope you return to DNForum, since you have much good information to offer - but either way, good luck here and may this forum prosper too

Ron
Thanks Ron, let me know when things have changed.

I can understand the thing about the Links, if they were actually prepared to get off their Butts and do at least something to accommodate IDNers, but bar competition when you are providing nothing yourselves in that field is just irritating.

Welcome to idnforums.com!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon