IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Name News

Internationalized Domain Name News Recent IDN related News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2006, 04:43 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point
iREIT is getting into the IDN game?

Today's big news is acqusition of Netster.com by iREIT. http://www.dnjournal.com/lowdown.htm

Well, a little further digging revealed that some of the top IDN domains registered in 2000/2001 by itsyourdomain.com folks have been and are poiting to netster.com website.

性别.com (sex.com), if my translation is correct, for example. Or a bunch of top others, which I remember when searching through and getting itsyourdomain.com data.
Old 19th May 2006, 04:50 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: iREIT is getting into the IDN game?

Netster owns a ton of IDN domains. I wrote a thread about it a number of months ago. Great news to hear of the aquisition.
Old 19th May 2006, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
Netster owns a ton of IDN domains. I wrote a thread about it a number of months ago. Great news to hear of the aquisition.
If iREIT folks end up with a bunch of top generic IDNs, it will boost the credibility of IDN market to the new highs.

And it does look like itsyourdomain.com folks and Netster is one entity, you are correct.

http://whois.domaintools.com/netster.com

Last edited by Explorer; 19th May 2006 at 05:01 PM..
Old 19th May 2006, 05:01 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I know TDC = itsyourdomain.com, but is itsyourdomain.com = netster.com?

Please show me a domain that Netster.com owns, I will find out the answer.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 19th May 2006, 05:01 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

IIRC ItsYourDomain == TDC

That is big. Good find.
Old 19th May 2006, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper
IIRC ItsYourDomain == TDC

That is big. Good find.
Yes, I think when a top domain investor buys a portfolio of top IDN.coms, it gives us some comfort that we are on the right track.
Old 19th May 2006, 05:10 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

"and major portions of the Netster Domain portfolio"! Suggests to me that maybe Netster is dumping ASCII and its associate business and may possibly have kept and is now refocusing on IDN?
Old 19th May 2006, 05:20 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

The question is, were they innocent casualties of the aquistition or do they have a plan specifically for them?
Old 19th May 2006, 05:23 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
The question is, were they innocent casualties of the aquistition or do they have a plan specifically for them?
I am trying to get more info from Duke at DNF. It doesn't sound like a corporate takeover so much as a disposal of substantial assets, which may have been regarded as matured speculative investments. It maybe that iREIT has bought the ASCII and some website assets leaving Netster with a War Chest!
Old 19th May 2006, 07:40 PM

Yes, I'm seeing several possiblities in the making right now.

1. Netster sold it's site and "most of their portfolio" keeping the idns and are now sitting in money with plans to utilize them from some of the proceeds.

2. IREIT bought Netster and their names including the IDNs with a plan to take a hold of the emerging foreign markets.

3. The IDNs were totally forgot about in the aquisition and are left to rot. Depriving us of excellent domains.

The "most of their porfolio" line is the confusing part.

It will be interesting how it unfolds no matter what. Just keep an eye on some of Netster's IDNs.