IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th August 2011, 01:53 AM
Premium User

basel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to basel
this is what i learn , what is your thought

Hello idners

i may the first idn developer back from 2005 , i finished developed about 17 arabic idn websites , and i checked all my developed websites every days

after 6 years of experience in developing idns websites i would like to hear from you your thought about some notes

1- TIPTOP Keyword , like games.com chat.com love.com etc...
i find that the browsers like google yahoo never put this keyword in top page results even if they are developed from long time or parking

BUT some idns contain the keyword games and other word like stylishgames.com can go from the first day of development to the best place in google

im not talking in general but be sure that google yes read the topkey word but never indexed it or put it in top pages if there is fire used of this keyword in other websites like games keyword

other example

horoscopes.com its yes very very nice keyword but because there is no million or even thousands site use it as a function in developed sites
the keyword ابراج.com horoscopes.com get the place in page number 1 in google from first month

there is now alot and alot of developed idns in arab world , all top terms not even in the page number 60 in google

the problem google read the keyword and archived it

do you saw that in other languages of development ?
like russian chinese japanese etc...

im sure that if top keywords in arabic can easly get it place in top results , its will be really the most valuable domain names , because great keyword with top results , is the most to get the top revenue and interest

thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 05:43 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: this is what i learn , what is your thought

I think you have worked out why domainers develop crap but park top terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basel View Post
Hello idners

i may the first idn developer back from 2005 , i finished developed about 17 arabic idn websites , and i checked all my developed websites every days

after 6 years of experience in developing idns websites i would like to hear from you your thought about some notes

1- TIPTOP Keyword , like games.com chat.com love.com etc...
i find that the browsers like google yahoo never put this keyword in top page results even if they are developed from long time or parking

BUT some idns contain the keyword games and other word like stylishgames.com can go from the first day of development to the best place in google

im not talking in general but be sure that google yes read the topkey word but never indexed it or put it in top pages if there is fire used of this keyword in other websites like games keyword

other example

horoscopes.com its yes very very nice keyword but because there is no million or even thousands site use it as a function in developed sites
the keyword ابراج.com horoscopes.com get the place in page number 1 in google from first month

there is now alot and alot of developed idns in arab world , all top terms not even in the page number 60 in google

the problem google read the keyword and archived it

do you saw that in other languages of development ?
like russian chinese japanese etc...

im sure that if top keywords in arabic can easly get it place in top results , its will be really the most valuable domain names , because great keyword with top results , is the most to get the top revenue and interest

thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 07:39 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
I think you have worked out why domainers develop crap but park top terms.
Domainers don't develop domains because its a big risk, period. Parking is just "doing nothing", which is fine, you aren't risking anything.

But to conclude search engines don't put top terms at top of search results is just nonsense. Our Thai games.com development proved that, its been top ten for six years or something now.

All he has discovered is I suspect is that competition for the very top search terms is very intense. Which you really don't need to spend time developing to find out. Its kinda obvious there are more people gunning to get to top of google for "games" than "racing games" right?
Old 16th August 2011, 08:47 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Domainers don't develop domains because its a big risk, period. Parking is just "doing nothing", which is fine, you aren't risking anything.

But to conclude search engines don't put top terms at top of search results is just nonsense. Our Thai games.com development proved that, its been top ten for six years or something now.

All he has discovered is I suspect is that competition for the very top search terms is very intense. Which you really don't need to spend time developing to find out. Its kinda obvious there are more people gunning to get to top of google for "games" than "racing games" right?
I think you will find it is the big fish in a little pond concept.

Your Games dot com has two main advantages.

1) Thai is still a bit of a niche market.
2) You know what the fuck you are doing.

Development is fine, if you are going to go the whole hog and produce the kind of content that Google now requires to get a premium ranking. And yes, this take massive commitment and is therefore a huge risk.

The days of throwing up junk content and a load of adsense links are long gone.
Old 16th August 2011, 09:39 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
I think you will find it is the big fish in a little pond concept.

Your Games dot com has two main advantages.

1) Thai is still a bit of a niche market.
2) You know what the fuck you are doing.

Development is fine, if you are going to go the whole hog and produce the kind of content that Google now requires to get a premium ranking. And yes, this take massive commitment and is therefore a huge risk.

The days of throwing up junk content and a load of adsense links are long gone.
Yep, agreed on all points. But one of the advantages of IDN dev is that very idea of being in a niche market. There should be plenty round the globe, not just Thailand. Much better than developing ASCII names where the traffic could be coming from 100 different countries!
Old 16th August 2011, 04:30 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road

My Thai Games Dot Com - เกมส์.com has been ranking top 10 and mostly top 3 for the past 6 years or so not just because the targetted keyword exactly matches the domain but executing strategies that follow google SEO guidelines as well.

So I suspect that your developed Arabic sites could do better if you focus more on the right SEO strategy.

Last edited by TrafficDomainer; 16th August 2011 at 05:02 PM..
Old 16th August 2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer View Post
My Thai Games Dot Com - เกมส์.com has been ranking top 10 and mostly top 3for the past 6 years not just because the targetted keyword exactly matches the domain but following google SEO guidelines

So I suspect that your developed Arabic sites may do better if you focus more on the right SEO strategy.
I just pointed that all out ...... and it was me that was responsible for SEO'ing the site.

Last edited by domainguru; 16th August 2011 at 05:00 PM..
Old 16th August 2011, 05:45 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road

Yes, you were responsible for seo'ing the site and credit is due to you for that but not for the past 2 years or so. Sometimes around beginning of this year, เกมส์.com was ranked #1 for the first time on google.co.th for sometimes due to my renewed ongoing SEO effort and it has been ranking mostly at top 3. Similarly, Basil's Arabic site could rank higher if he would focus more on ongoing SEO work.

Last edited by TrafficDomainer; 16th August 2011 at 05:46 PM..
Old 16th August 2011, 06:07 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

what kind of SEO work are you referring to ? deep backlinking, writing keyword rich articles with images and stuff ? Social media ?
Old 16th August 2011, 06:15 PM

Response in your PM inbox.
Old 17th August 2011, 12:43 AM
Premium User

basel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished road

traffic domainer yes thats so funny

if i developed a 14 arabic idns right now , that mean this 14 development come after i spend time in develop hundred of other english domain websites

im doing a great seo and do its plan before develop the web site

im sorry to say that rubber duck is true 100%

ابراج.com horoscopes.com i developed this site for a member here in the forum . yes this site now in 3 top result in all google countries and add to that that this site is now is the best 4th horoscopes site in all arab world

do i make a good seo for horoscopes and nothing for games.com or other tiptop keyword , im sorry that you are the one that need to understand what im saying and maybe learn more from my seo

im not talking about fucking seo , development any other thing , i said im talking that 100% of the top searched keyword , if its premium idn in arabic its will never go for top results , and im sure from that 100%

you will ask me so why horoscopes.com now 3rd rank in google , i will tell you that because wow how much horoscopes searched in internet but horoscopes sites is very little numbers so there is now mass competion

back to horoscopes
1- wow if im the 3rd in google
2- wow if im the best 4 web site in the arab world
3- wow if all people talking about the great development and great info in the site
4- FUCK and FUCK that this site revenue cant help the cost of a little parking

guys im talking now about solutions im talking to get a suggestion , i start my thread and 12 customers with me should pay me this month for web development renewal , i can let this post after recieving my payment

other fucking point
عاجل.com make 32 EURO monthly from sedo parking its a competion keyword in arabic , with development it do 3EURO monthly , so WHAT

guys when you are development can i know what is your strategy
ok if i have games.com i would like to do a project cost me 20k and more for private and great proejct to sell for 100k and more

but if you are now developing a small budget sites and used intenret scripts , that mean you are developing for no future selling of development , you are run the site for only revenue , so i would like to tell you to save the 300$ of hosting and small script and park it , because parking will get you much than the site

when i was sure about this information i made a private programming for horoscopes.com from a to z and i pay for 7 differnet guys to run the site
but at the end , i recieved a 4 serious offers to buy the site in the XX.XXX$
and you can ask the customer and he refused to sell

i refused 30 requests to develop a websites for idnf members because our stratgy is to develop a professional project only and its cost more than there budgets

if you want to start a wordpress page or put some stupid information , i suggest you to park the name for better revenue

again and again im talking that the mass competion keywords will never help top keywords to get top results

yes domainguru your site is now top results because of the low population and competion

thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 01:01 AM
Premium User

wow the not competion keywords results 1 and 2 in google and from parking

lool

guys why we not used parking for seo , parking it 2 months getting good rank and then develop

really funny !!!
Old 17th August 2011, 01:57 AM

squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
Response in your PM inbox.
thx
Old 17th August 2011, 02:05 AM

Basel, have you thought about selling advertisement spots yourself instead of monetizing with google adwords ?

I have started doing it on one of my websites and it works OK. I haven't put much effort in it yet so I guess if you're motivated you could earn decent money with it. If I remember correctly, the Castello brothers - and I'm sure many others- would almost sell out all the advertising space on their websites before it even launched.

Really my main purpose when developing has always been to move away from Google, both traffic wise and revenue wise.
Old 17th August 2011, 02:20 AM

Quote:
again and again im talking that the mass competion keywords will never help top keywords to get top results
I disagree with you Basel on this point. It may not help much now but it will in the future.

I understand that "games" is a very competitive keyword and that, even if you have "games.com" in arabic, you may not rank in the top 3 in google, but you have to consider many factors, (1) some domains that have been ranking well for "games" are probably very old, age helps in the ranking (2) they may also have a very strong link profile with lots of "deep links" + some of their links may have come from directories and buying links which was fine in the past but doesn't work now, etc.

Also you have to consider that Google's algo is probably not 100% optimized for IDNs at the moment. And If they're taking any advice from Sedo it may take a good while before it does.

One last point I want to make : buying traffic. I think anybody who'll try to develop an IDN and have it rank well in a competitive vertical will greatly appreciate the strength of their domain when it comes to buying traffic from Google. For many verticals, like finance, dating etc. the game is not only to rank well but also to convert well in Adwords. Some websites make $$$ simply by "arbitraging" traffic : buying from Adwords and trying to monetize the traffic and turn a profit. I'm pretty sure that having an exact match IDN in adwords ads will be a huge plus. I'm very excited about this, just started my first IDN campaign yesterday.

Last edited by squirrel; 17th August 2011 at 02:24 AM..
Old 17th August 2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Yes, you were responsible for seo'ing the site and credit is due to you for that but not for the past 2 years or so. Sometimes around beginning of this year, เกมส์.com was ranked #1 for the first time on google.co.th for sometimes due to my renewed ongoing SEO effort and it has been ranking mostly at top 3. Similarly, Basil's Arabic site could rank higher if he would focus more on ongoing SEO work.
Well, the site is identical to the one from two years ago so I don't know what "ongoing SEO work" means unless you mean garnering a few incoming links ..... Ever since a few months after launch, it has been in the top ten. Google loved it from the get-go. If you are going to take credit for it being at #1 for a week in Jan, then I'm sure you will also take the blame its now dropped to #7.
Old 17th August 2011, 02:13 PM
Premium User

yes squrril

and that why im giving more power and hard work for games.com chat.com etc.. and other compitive keyword that we developed , because we beleive in the future of this keyword and the benefits of develop this names from long time and from the beginning , because if we start developing games.com and chat.com in 2009 we can say in the future that this is from the old sites that google give some value for old sites

also we are believe in selling top keyword websites in the future for good prices and that why im starting now a new project with other member here in the forum with very compitive keyword

also im with developing the non compitive keyword if they are good and premium , so why not if we got the chance with them and get the rank 3 in very little time

i start my thread to chat with all about why top keyword cant get good rank , not that im not with development , if i develop 14 arabic idns website , that mean im the most beleiver in develop idns

about your note about selling spaces , this point is very important and its in our mind , and the truth our strargy now if we didnt sell some spaces , is to share banners for the different 14 developed idns , that will give more increase in traffic for all sites and share info in all developed projects

thanks

Last edited by basel; 17th August 2011 at 02:13 PM..
Old 17th August 2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Well, the site is identical to the one from two years ago so I don't know what "ongoing SEO work" means unless you mean garnering a few incoming links ..... Ever since a few months after launch, it has been in the top ten. Google loved it from the get-go. If you are going to take credit for it being at #1 for a week in Jan, then I'm sure you will also take the blame its now dropped to #7.
The on-page SEO hasn't been changed no doubt but the off-page SEO is what I was referring to as what I have been responsible for on an ongoing basis for the past 2 years.

"เกมส์" (games in Thai) is a very competitive keyword in the Thai market with 5 million monthly [Exact] searches (at times this go up to 7 million monthly) and the competition for the top spot is intense. During the end of last year/beginning of this year, intense off-page SEO was done and it did result in เกมส์.com being #1 for pretty close to a month collectively and not at 1 week as you dismissed the effort.

I am not an SEO expert/Guru nor claim to be one, but what I know is this - as the site content has been getting old, if no ongoing off-page SEO was done during the past 2 years the site wouldn't have stayed mostly at top 3 and doubtfully at top 10 as it did slip to page 2 of SERP before when off-page SEO was neglected, yes it is currently now at #7 for the past 3 days or so and I take the blame for it. But that is the nature of the beast. You win some, you lose some and as long as you can try to stay top 3 majority of the time, you are ok, which luckily has been the case so far. Whether how long this will continue, no one can guarantee. All I can do is keep trying and being open to learning all effective tips from everyone who wants to share.

Last edited by TrafficDomainer; 17th August 2011 at 04:26 PM..
Old 17th August 2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
traffic domainer yes thats so funny

if i developed a 14 arabic idns right now , that mean this 14 development come after i spend time in develop hundred of other english domain websites

im doing a great seo and do its plan before develop the web site

im sorry to say that rubber duck is true 100%

ابراج.com horoscopes.com i developed this site for a member here in the forum . yes this site now in 3 top result in all google countries and add to that that this site is now is the best 4th horoscopes site in all arab world

do i make a good seo for horoscopes and nothing for games.com or other tiptop keyword , im sorry that you are the one that need to understand what im saying and maybe learn more from my seo

im not talking about fucking seo , development any other thing , i said im talking that 100% of the top searched keyword , if its premium idn in arabic its will never go for top results , and im sure from that 100%

you will ask me so why horoscopes.com now 3rd rank in google , i will tell you that because wow how much horoscopes searched in internet but horoscopes sites is very little numbers so there is now mass competion

back to horoscopes
1- wow if im the 3rd in google
2- wow if im the best 4 web site in the arab world
3- wow if all people talking about the great development and great info in the site
4- FUCK and FUCK that this site revenue cant help the cost of a little parking

guys im talking now about solutions im talking to get a suggestion , i start my thread and 12 customers with me should pay me this month for web development renewal , i can let this post after recieving my payment

other fucking point
عاجل.com make 32 EURO monthly from sedo parking its a competion keyword in arabic , with development it do 3EURO monthly , so WHAT

guys when you are development can i know what is your strategy
ok if i have games.com i would like to do a project cost me 20k and more for private and great proejct to sell for 100k and more

but if you are now developing a small budget sites and used intenret scripts , that mean you are developing for no future selling of development , you are run the site for only revenue , so i would like to tell you to save the 300$ of hosting and small script and park it , because parking will get you much than the site

when i was sure about this information i made a private programming for horoscopes.com from a to z and i pay for 7 differnet guys to run the site
but at the end , i recieved a 4 serious offers to buy the site in the XX.XXX$
and you can ask the customer and he refused to sell

i refused 30 requests to develop a websites for idnf members because our stratgy is to develop a professional project only and its cost more than there budgets

if you want to start a wordpress page or put some stupid information , i suggest you to park the name for better revenue

yes domainguru your site is now top results because of the low population and competion

thanks
what's with all the swearing? fuck fuck fuck, we can all say that. ..... you seem so angry, its only dev, geek stuff, why get so angry?

"yes domainguru your site is now top results because of the low population and competion"

It has 6 million searches per month, from a single country of 60 million people, the site has produced well over 100 million pageviews. Beat that please, rather than just pretending we have no population or competition.

Also, initially you said you developed 6 years, and you were first IDN developer, but now you say you started developing major keywords in 2009. Which is it? Care to list which domains you developed in 2005 and I will look them up.

If you are 3rd for horoscopes, why are you complaining? You must be making tons right? And shows IDN dev works.

Last edited by domainguru; 17th August 2011 at 04:38 PM..