IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2006, 06:50 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Japanese Name Assistance

I found a Japanese term I'm interested in registering, however, there appears to be a term that's very similar and appears to be a typo. The thing is I can't tell which one is the typo and which one is the "correct" one. Granted both my be used but I get conflicting results from various tools. If someone who speaks Japanese could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 19th May 2006, 07:27 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Re: Japanese Name Assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
I found a Japanese term I'm interested in registering, however, there appears to be a term that's very similar and appears to be a typo. The thing is I can't tell which one is the typo and which one is the "correct" one. Granted both my be used but I get conflicting results from various tools. If someone who speaks Japanese could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
assuming it's not a .JP - reg them both! for the sake of 7 bucks. then ask specifically !
Old 19th May 2006, 10:07 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
assuming it's not a .JP - reg them both! for the sake of 7 bucks. then ask specifically !
Unfortunately, it is a .jp. Otherwise I would have just registered them. I did register it though thanks to gamma's help. Once the whois updates I'll let you guys know what it was.
Old 20th June 2006, 09:02 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Any update on this fabfive?
Old 20th June 2006, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Forgot all about this.

The term I was looking at was スクリーンセーバー (screensaver). The Ovt was confusing because when searching this term results would come up for スクリーンセイバー.

Gamma was kind enough to help me decypher these two and I regged スクリーンセーバー.jp. The Ovt really throws us non-native speakers off. Transliterated words are sometimes difficult to get a handle on especially these two - 'saver' and 'saber'.

Google results and Google trends show that スクリーンセーバー is more used. But スクリーンセーバー does get a fair share. Ovt alone would not tell the whole story.