IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th August 2011, 04:06 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about
Steve Jobs Steps Down: the Resignation Letter

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2391780,00.asp
Old 25th August 2011, 04:08 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about
Re: Steve Jobs Steps Down: the Resignation Letter

everybody resigning everywhere what is going on...
Old 25th August 2011, 04:18 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

He is ill.

I hope he takes the time to rest and recover.
Old 25th August 2011, 05:38 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

iQuit
Old 25th August 2011, 12:17 PM

Emil is an unknown quantity at this point

G-d give him health and recovery...i think he will go down in history as THE greatest tech CEO of our time
Old 26th August 2011, 07:24 PM

The tech failures of Steve Jobs while at Apple

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/right...185708529.html

With the announcement of Steve Jobs' resignation from the helm of Apple, there are many questions about how new CEO Tim Cook will lead the company.

But it's also the perfect time reflect back on Jobs' tenure. The man has been the driving force behind many successful products and has helped revolutionize the tech industry, but his ideas haven't all been winners.
The good folks at Gizmodo have rounded up their list of Jobs' biggest tech flops during his lengthy tenure as CEO at Apple. Here's a look at the top five:
The Apple Lisa
This computer was the first commercial computer with a Graphical User Interface, marking the end of DOS-style interfaces that relied on text input from the user. It's also the only computer to share a name with Jobs' daughter. At a cost just shy of $10,000, though, it was over-priced for home users, especially in 1983.
iMac USB Mouse
If you've ever thought, "gee, I'd love to control my desktop computer with a hockey puck," then you were probably sad when they got rid of the round mouse that came with the iMac in 1999. You're probably also not invited to many parties with Apple fans. Users everywhere became quickly frustrated by the odd shape to hold, and the inability to know by feel which direction you were holding the mouse.
iPod Hi-Fi
Despite high reviews from consumers and tech critics alike, $350 was just too much for many iPod users to pay. Great sound quality wasn't enough to win over most consumers in 2006, leading to the end of the iPod Hi-Fi before it had even been in the market for two years.
Apple TV (First Generation)
Early Apple TV was a shell of the current little black box we know now. The first generation wouldn't let users buy or rent television shows, and forced one to go through iTunes for just about everything. Its heart (motherboard?) was in the right place, though, boasting a 160GB hard drive and 720p HD support, but it needed those tweaks to really catch on with the public.
Buttonless iPod Shuffle
Seeing the third generation iPod Shuffle always reminds me of this 2005 SNL sketch for the 'iPod Invisa': eventually, you get to a point where enough is enough, and you can't 'simplify' a product any more. The only button on this iPod Shuffle was the power/lock button, and you had to use a complex three-button remote to control it. Sometimes, you just need to have buttons.
Honourable mention goes to Final Cut Pro X, Ping, Power Mac G4 Cube and the iPod Photo.
If you're interested in any of Jobs' other handiwork, check out this interactive feature from the New York Times showing some of the 313 patents Jobs has his name on.
Old 27th August 2011, 03:42 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Yeah the guy was a real failure. Only led Apple to be the biggest tech company around, and currently the most profitable company in the world bar none. Shocking. Should have never made it beyond post boy. Just no results ....

And just personally, i used the original Apple Mac at Loughborough Uni 25 years ago, courtesy of Dr Stone, and they were just simply amazing. They blew the competition out of the water in all respects, even the "touch and feel" aspect was so far beyond other computers at the time, there was no comparison.

Apple only ever had problems because Gates and his "enforcer" made Windows into a mass-market solution and Apple had to be content with being a niche for so long.

Now that is behind us, and we can all run what OS we choose, not what software packages force the OS to choose, the choice around the globe is clearly that Windows is on the way out. Everyone will gain, that includes Mac, Android, and anyone else that can invent software that doesn't rely on Windows.

Make no mistake, Windows was always a shitty OS even since their stolen version of DOS and 3.0 (stolen from Mac) after than, and an anomaly in terms of software sales thereafter. I'm only happy Bill Gates chose to spend his money in the 3rd world and try to cure terrible diseases. Good guy. I love him for that.

If he could cure the world of Steve Bullmer, that would be even more amazing.

Last edited by domainguru; 27th August 2011 at 03:52 PM..
Old 6th October 2011, 12:52 AM

RIP

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/apple-co-fo...000022817.html
Old 6th October 2011, 01:04 AM

has2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished road

dude is dead.

rip.
Old 6th October 2011, 05:13 AM

Man is an unknown quantity at this point

RIP Steve Jobs
Old 6th October 2011, 09:25 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
I'm only happy Bill Gates chose to spend his money in the 3rd world and try to cure terrible diseases. Good guy. I love him for that.
It'll be interesting to hear what Steve left to charity, if anything.

Though, this was funny.

Last American Who Knew What The Fuck He Was Doing Dies
Old 7th October 2011, 11:05 PM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

the onion piece is a classic....thanks for posting.

re: Steve Jobs
1- his Stanford address is a classic for all entrepreneurs....IDNers included...

2- He changed 3 industries.
personal computing....apple I, II, Mac, .....iPhone/iPad
music ipod/ itouch/ itunes
animation Pixar

RIP