IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th September 2011, 09:58 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Twitter Prioritizes Hindi over Swedish, Norweigan, Danish, Finnish, Polish and Hungar

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/311587
Old 17th September 2011, 11:32 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Re: Twitter Prioritizes Hindi over Swedish, Norweigan, Danish, Finnish, Polish and Hu

I do hope you haven't put all your eggs in an indian basket; IMO it will be a cold day in hell before you see any serious $
Old 17th September 2011, 11:36 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Twitter Prioritizes Hindi over Swedish, Norweigan, Danish, Finnish, Polish and Hu

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
I do hope you haven't put all your eggs in an indian basket; IMO it will be a cold day in hell before you see any serious $
Most would have said the same about Arabic last year.

We now have a portfolio of about 600 names which is easily covering its renewals.

Hindi is a long-term bet, but when the boat comes in it is going to be a Super Tanker.

Anway in the scale of things what is the renewal of 500 odd names as a side bet?
Old 17th September 2011, 03:51 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
Why, if i may ask - not necess disagreeing, just want to know your reasons
Old 17th September 2011, 08:12 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
Anway in the scale of things what is the renewal of 500 odd names as a side bet?
sure, and I agree, no harm in taking a punt as long as you're not betting the farm on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
Most would have said the same about Arabic last year.
Sure, Both Arabic and Indian have been accused of having a crappy CPC, but that Arabic traffic makes up for the low CPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Why, if i may ask - not necess disagreeing, just want to know your reasons
my problem with Indian, is there's too many people saying that the people who can afford to buy anything online, are educated and can navigate in English - whereas the uneducated non-English speakers are piss poor. It's all anecdotal, and I understand the mobile phone argument - it just seems such a long shot to me; and much better places to put your $.

Last edited by alpha; 17th September 2011 at 08:14 PM..
Old 17th September 2011, 08:45 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Sure, Both Arabic and Indian have been accused of having a crappy CPC, but that Arabic traffic makes up for the low CPC.
Myth. I had a click of over $7 from Kuwait just yesterday.

Quote:
my problem with Indian, is there's too many people saying that the people who can afford to buy anything online, are educated and can navigate in English - whereas the uneducated non-English speakers are piss poor. It's all anecdotal, and I understand the mobile phone argument - it just seems such a long shot to me; and much better places to put your $.
Well, I guess Google, Twitter and Microsoft have done bugger all market research then. They should have read the CIA Handbook.
Old 17th September 2011, 10:11 PM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

sms and premium sms in Hindi marketing makes money.
Old 18th September 2011, 07:01 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbe18 View Post
sms and premium sms in Hindi marketing makes money.
But assuming texting will continue to dominate is a bit like all the uniformed comment in the Western Press a few years back that suggested that Chinese culture had a predeliction for the bicycle and would not become a major Car Market.