IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:13 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation
Roll over Einstein: Law of physics challenged - NonDomainRelated

GENEVA — One of the very pillars of physics and Einstein's theory of relativity — that nothing can go faster than the speed of light — was rocked Thursday by new findings from one of the world's foremost laboratories.

European researchers said they clocked an oddball type of subatomic particle called a neutrino going faster than the 186,282 miles per second that has long been considered the cosmic speed limit.

The claim was met with skepticism, with one outside physicist calling it the equivalent of saying you have a flying carpet. In fact, the researchers themselves are not ready to proclaim a discovery and are asking other physicists to independently try to verify their findings.

"The feeling that most people have is this can't be right, this can't be real," said James Gillies, a spokesman for the European Organization for Nuclear Research, or CERN, which provided the particle accelerator that sent neutrinos on their breakneck 454-mile trip underground from Geneva to Italy.

Going faster than light is something that is just not supposed to happen according to Einstein's 1905 special theory of relativity — the one made famous by the equation E equals mc2. But no one is rushing out to rewrite the science books just yet.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world...w-1186858.html
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:56 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: Roll over Einstein: Law of physics challenged - NonDomainRelated

This is impossible. E=mc2 will stand forever or the nuclear plants will explode tonight.
My hypothesis is that the neutrinos are doing a dimension short cut. Going to another dimension and back to the 3rd dimension.
Old 23rd September 2011, 04:23 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. But if it turns out to be true, it will keep the theoreticians busy for quite a while.
Avtal
Old 23rd September 2011, 04:57 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
My hypothesis is that the neutrinos are doing a dimension short cut. Going to another dimension and back to the 3rd dimension.
Are you saying that I can blast into the past and come back?

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 23rd September 2011 at 04:57 AM..
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:13 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post

Hold on a minute- yes,I have been but I am back now.
Old 23rd September 2011, 02:23 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
Maybe your future self can visit the present and tell us when our IDNs will finally be worth something.

Avtal
Old 23rd September 2011, 02:35 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
Maybe your future self can visit the present and tell us when our IDNs will finally be worth something.

Avtal
What is this event that will begin explaining you that IDNs are 'worth something'?
Old 23rd September 2011, 04:43 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
This is impossible. E=mc2 will stand forever or the nuclear plants will explode tonight.
My guess is that Neutrinos are almost unaffected by gravitational and other fields whereas our measurements for The Speed of Light are somehow incorrect as we are not measuring it a a field free vacuum and we are cocking up the necessary adjustments one would need to apply to get back to that.

So the bottom line is that C in Einsteins equation is actually much closer to the measured Neutrino Speed than it is to the measured Light Speed. Even then it may not be 100% accurate because if Neutrino interacted with absolutely nothing then we could not detect them at all.

If this assertion is correct, the Einstein is pretty much still good.
Old 23rd September 2011, 04:46 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post

Avtal
If I had such prior knowledge, I wouldn't be down £25 on my share portfolio this week. What a bummer after being £700 up last week!
Old 23rd September 2011, 08:44 PM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555 View Post
What is this event that will begin explaining you that IDNs are 'worth something'?

IDN Event II

Last edited by DktoInc; 23rd September 2011 at 08:45 PM..
Old 24th September 2011, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555 View Post
When я.ком sells for over $75,000.

When a single-letter IDN.com reaches that value, my scraggly IDNs may finally be worth more than reg fee.

Aval