IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th September 2011, 03:02 AM

monkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished road
Getting to the site

How do users get to a parked domain sites? Do they mostly type the idn in the address bar directly or does it come from search engines? If i were to copy/paste one of my idns in google, i do not see the parked idn.com. So, im confused on how people get to a parked domain.
"I love it when a plan comes together"John "Hannibal" Smith
"The only person who could take down J.R was J.R." -John Ross

"Larry Hagman is now God"- Me
Old 25th September 2011, 03:19 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: Getting to the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkmonkey View Post
If i were to copy/paste one of my idns in google, i do not see the parked idn.com.
Are you setting your name servers correctly? Can you give us an example?

Google doesn't index parked pages. Well, it "accidentally" does sometimes. But yes, people are typing them in.

Last edited by sarcle; 25th September 2011 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: More info
Old 25th September 2011, 03:32 AM

monkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished road

For example... 도쿄.com (tokyo).com in korean. If I were to copy/paste 도쿄 in google i don,t see 도쿄.com. Or any way to get to the site. So this is what confuses me. I have name servers set correctly.
"I love it when a plan comes together"John "Hannibal" Smith
"The only person who could take down J.R was J.R." -John Ross

"Larry Hagman is now God"- Me
Old 25th September 2011, 03:37 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

For example, this month's stats for one I've mentioned earlier. Hives (蕁麻疹.com)

It says "Direct Traffic" which means someone typed it in or came right to it. It would say "Referrer" or "Search Engine" Traffic if it was coming from google or yahoo or another site.

Regged earlier this year. They are still out there for the taking, if you look hard enough. Hope this helps.
Old 25th September 2011, 03:38 AM

Quote:
For example... 도쿄.com (tokyo).com in korean. If I were to copy/paste 도쿄 in google i don,t see 도쿄.com. Or any way to get to the site. So this is what confuses me. I have name servers set correctly.
Yeah, Google makes a habit of not indexing parked domains. They sometimes get indexed but it's quickly erased. I thought you meant your address bar.
Old 25th September 2011, 04:01 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

sarcle you're having a nice day
Old 25th September 2011, 04:04 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
This is the big secret of domaining: direct navigation. SEOs don't get it, web designers don't get it, most of namepros don't get it and myself don't know the full magnitude of it.