IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th September 2011, 10:59 PM

htmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished road
Dynadot Coupon Codes for October

Hi Guys,

Thought that I'd share some Dynadot coupons for the month of October for you guys to save a bit of $$$. I just got the below email from Dynadot:

Quote:
Ready for some spooky savings?! October coupon codes are out!

It's Orgtoberfest! For the month of October .ORG domains are only $7.50!
$7.50 Registrations, transfers, and renewals! Use code: ORGTOBERFEST
*Offer valid thru 10/31/10. Midnight PDT. 1 year registration and 1 year renewal only.

Trick or Treat! You asked, we listened. You wanted .COM coupon codes! We have a treat for you! No trick! Save on .COM domains!

Take 10% off 10 .COM registrations! Use code: REG10
Take 10% off 10 .COM renewals! Use code: RENEW10
Take 10% off 10 .COM Transfers! Use code: TRANSFER10
*.COM coupon codes are vaild thru 10/31/11. 1 coupon use per account. Maximum of 10 .COMs per coupon. 1st year registrations and 1 year renewal only.

Great deals no coupon necessary!
$9.99 .TV domains!
*1st Year registrations only.

Discounted .TV renewals and transfers too! $24.99 ($22.99 bulk, $21.99 superbulk).

Looking for the perfect domain for the Halloween holiday? Check out some of these festive Premium domains that are currently available!

GhostManor.com
PumpkinFun.com
VampireCapes.com
SweetConfection.com
Werewolves.com
SpookyShop.com
ZombieOutfits.com
WitchHats.com

Special announcement: Exclusively at Dynadot! We are happy announce the relaunch of .WS IDNs. Get your .WS IDN today!

Best Regards,
Dynadot Staff
Old 1st October 2011, 12:40 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: Dynadot Coupon Codes for October

Thanks for posting.
Old 1st October 2011, 11:32 PM

has2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished road

cool...thanks.
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:11 PM

htmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished road

No problems
Old 3rd October 2011, 01:23 PM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IDNer

Can not log in to Dynadot.com now -
the system reject me many times by the reasons:
[You have entered an invalid username or password] -
But I'm 100% that I'm using the correct username or password...

Anybody else find this problem?
Old 3rd October 2011, 02:06 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNer View Post
Can not log in to Dynadot.com now -
the system reject me many times by the reasons:
[You have entered an invalid username or password] -
But I'm 100% that I'm using the correct username or password...

Anybody else find this problem?
Works fine for me.

Avtal
Old 3rd October 2011, 02:12 PM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
Works fine for me.

Avtal

Do you mean that you could sign in into your account without problem?

Thanks -
Old 3rd October 2011, 02:19 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNer View Post
Do you mean that you could sign in into your account without problem?

Thanks -
Yes, that is correct. I could sign in as usual.

You might, as an experiment, try creating a new account on dynadot, and seeing if you can log into that.

Another thing might be to try logging in using a different browser, in case your current browser's cache or cookies got confused somehow.

Good luck!

Avtal
Old 3rd October 2011, 02:23 PM

Thanks a lot Avtal

Quote:
Yes, that is correct. I could sign in as usual.

You might, as an experiment, try creating a new account on dynadot, and seeing if you can log into that.

Another thing might be to try logging in using a different browser, in case your current browser's cache or cookies got confused somehow.

Good luck!

Avtal
Old 5th October 2011, 03:12 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Why the coupons now, you may ask...

http://www.webhosting.info/registrar...ns/DYNADOT.COM
Old 5th October 2011, 06:43 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

They should pay us to use the site after that redesign.
Old 5th October 2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper View Post
They should pay us to use the site after that redesign.

agreed
Old 5th October 2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
Why the coupons now, you may ask...

http://www.webhosting.info/registrar...ns/DYNADOT.COM
Interesting. So how does a registrar of Dynadot's size stay in business?

They have about 370K domains, and after ICANN fees and Verisign fees they must be making less than $2 per domain (I guess the whois-privacy service is pure profit, though). So they are making something like $750K per year, and out of that they have to pay their salaries, hosting charges, etc. They are located in California, which is not a low-cost area.

So how do they do it? And, more important from my point of view, will they be able to continue to do it?

Avtal
Old 5th October 2011, 02:46 PM

mdw is an unknown quantity at this point

same graph for EVERY registrar, people collecting less domains these days
Old 5th October 2011, 03:18 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Interesting. So how does a registrar of Dynadot's size stay in business?

They have about 370K domains, and after ICANN fees and Verisign fees they must be making less than $2 per domain (I guess the whois-privacy service is pure profit, though). So they are making something like $750K per year, and out of that they have to pay their salaries, hosting charges, etc. They are located in California, which is not a low-cost area.

So how do they do it? And, more important from my point of view, will they be able to continue to do it?

Avtal
Good question.

My guess is that the domain registrar model has been predicated on so-called "added value" for some time, ala GoDaddy. Say 10% opt for privacy, how much is that? (I save the cash so don't know lol). 3% buy hosting, 1% on auctions etc.

I betcha they have less than a dozen employees. Probably closer to half a dozen efficient workers who wear more than one hat.

Last edited by gammascalper; 5th October 2011 at 03:19 PM..
Old 5th October 2011, 04:36 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdw View Post
same graph for EVERY registrar, people collecting less domains these days
There are some, rare, exceptions, but yes, you're right.

http://www.webhosting.info/registrar...ins/ANTAGUS.DE