IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2011, 01:13 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
(OnlineGames).net - Chinese Simp.

联机游戏.net (xn--unux8ip1g19t.net)

Regged today! A full year of reg time at your disposal for maximum development potential.

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/联机游戏

GAKT exact: 0
Google Trends: none

BIN $6.50 paypal

Yes, I know 在线游戏.com/.net are the best terms for Online Games in Chinese. But you can NOW settle for the term very few people search for!

Domain will be deleted by midnight tonight, California time, if not bought sooner. Very limited time only!!!!!

Cheers

Last edited by sarcle; 12th November 2011 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: added more awesome info to this category killer
Old 12th November 2011, 01:15 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about
Re: (OnlineGames).net - Chinese Simp.

lol
Old 12th November 2011, 01:41 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DktoInc View Post
lol
Ah, an inquirer.

I'll be happy to answer any SEO questions regarding the total domination of the 550k google results for this term.

Although, I'm pretty sure you'd just be able to throw a landing page on it and be in the first page or two of the results! *This method is not guaranteed.
Old 12th November 2011, 03:56 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Didn't know this kind of behaviour was allowed here.

What you say is simply not true. It has Google trends and it has much more than 550k Google results.

Last, but not least, although the exact search values is nill, GKT does show a lot of keywords that incude that term:

Anyway I never said it was the best term. Who would take this as the best term, as the auction was starting at $1 with no reserve?
Old 12th November 2011, 03:59 PM

I'm not allowed to sell a domain I owned? Sales over BTW. The domain speaks for itself.
Old 12th November 2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
Who would take this as the best term, as the auction was starting at $1 with no reserve?
It's customary to put "not prime" next to terms that aren't "prime" for this reason. The buyer has admitted they made a mistake. They are willing to stick to their word. Very honorable. Ball's in your court Jose. Or you just going to make another post and insult me when I was right all along?

BTW, the .net is still available for reg as it has been for the last 11 years. Well except for about 4 hours when I had it to prove my point.

Mods can close this sales thread or delete it. Doesn't matter to me.
Old 13th November 2011, 03:53 AM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

It's a fair point. Although the buyer should do their own research, I think it's also important that the seller mention that the term is not primary if that is the case, or risk having the seller withdraw their bid.

Last edited by Jay; 13th November 2011 at 04:16 AM..
Old 13th November 2011, 05:35 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Ok, let's take this discussion.

As you can see from this very recent thread, I do usually post "not main term" when I am absolutely sure it is not main term. In this case I was not, given the fact there was even a wikipedia page!

Have you ever considered I was not sure? No, of course not, that was never considered. I was obviously misleading the bidders, as I usually do, right?

I did had a doubt about it, that's why I started with $1 and let the market decide. I also ask native speaker to comment on every auction I start, and cancel the auctions every time a doubt arises.

ANYWAY, WHAT IS A PRIME TERM?

All of us here know that the cultural differences are huge and you simple can't compare with English terms. What is the prime term for "REAL ESTATE" in French or Spanish? How about Chinese?

Sarcle, get used to it:

1. I will keep making good money with drop catches.
2. I will keep a very close watch on every auction you start from now on.
Old 13th November 2011, 12:04 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

For me it's not about questioning anyone's integrity here. It's a procedural issue. What do we do in instances where even the seller isn't sure and information comes to light prior to the deal being sealed that the term wasn't what the buyer thought it was (through no fault of anyone, this just being the complexity of IDNs and language differences). In the rush of auctions, it's often not until a day or so that some of this information comes to light, e.g., not being a stand alone term, misspellings, not being the prime term or the right definition. I don't think it's right that we just always say that it's up to the buyer to do their research (and not the seller too), and don't give the buyer the right to withdraw their bid if information proves incorrect.

I reckon in the few cases where there is no clear prime term, then a note should be added to that effect - e.g., "this may be one of several terms used". Already sellers often list information to the effect that a term is slang or is not the most widely used term, but at the moment it is discretionary on the part of the seller. I just think we should formalise it. I think that if no information is given by the seller to the contrary, it should be assumed to be the prime term, correct spelling and most widely used term. If it turns out otherwise before the deal is sealed, then the buyer has the right to withdraw their bid. That's clear, fair and puts the onus on both the buyer and seller to do their research.
Old 13th November 2011, 12:24 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Well, we probably won't even find an agreement on what a prime term actually is. Is it direct translation (often bullshit), correct spelling (see the discussion of "bramiozo" with "IDN" about the hamza) or the most searched term (same discussion). How about Greek accents, the Arabic "the" or Japanese terms in different scripts?
Old 13th November 2011, 12:27 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
Well, we probably won't even find an agreement on what a prime term actually is. Is it direct translation (often bullshit), correct spelling (see the discussion of "bramiozo" with "IDN" about the hamza) or the most searched term (same discussion). How about Greek accents, the Arabic "the" or Japanese terms in different scripts?
Most searched
Old 13th November 2011, 01:52 PM
Veteran

My Windows7 in Portuguese calls "transferências" to my downloads. Now I bet you 90% of the Portuguese speakers will call "download" to a download and will never associate "transferência" to a download.

What is the prime term?

On Portuguese TV news, their refer to websites as "sítios". I bet 90% of the Portuguese speakers use "sites" to websites.

What is the prime term?

@IDN: Most searched?
Old 13th November 2011, 05:58 PM

InternetMedia is an unknown quantity at this pointInternetMedia is an unknown quantity at this pointInternetMedia is an unknown quantity at this pointInternetMedia is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm, I'm a bit hesitant to make this post as I don't want to get in the thick of things as a new member. Humbly though one of my biggest issues, even going through and doing my own due diligence, is the extent of primary versus secondary terms++.

I guess overall it's an acknowledged problem in this space where there are too many languages and we're not usually native speakers. I think the community here does a good job at policing threads and further it's the responsibility of the buyer to do their own research before buying.

In the case of an auction however, you may be doing your own research while someone in the know is already buying.

At any rate, I don't want to single you out here Jose because I've seen you selling some solid domains too. This said when I think of "Online Games" I am assuming it's the same idea that comes to mind for everyone else. In this case, 0 exact match with low competition for extended terms is not the "Online Games" that I assume most people are thinking of. Further some research would show it's a long way from a primary term but that's time spent researching when a quick "**not primary**" would help a lot.

The result is that as a newbie I buy a lot less than I would if I was more confident about what I was buying. The "off" threads do exacerbate the problem for me.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
Ok, let's take this discussion.

As you can see from this very recent thread, I do usually post "not main term" when I am absolutely sure it is not main term. In this case I was not, given the fact there was even a wikipedia page!

Have you ever considered I was not sure? No, of course not, that was never considered. I was obviously misleading the bidders, as I usually do, right?

I did had a doubt about it, that's why I started with $1 and let the market decide. I also ask native speaker to comment on every auction I start, and cancel the auctions every time a doubt arises.

ANYWAY, WHAT IS A PRIME TERM?

All of us here know that the cultural differences are huge and you simple can't compare with English terms. What is the prime term for "REAL ESTATE" in French or Spanish? How about Chinese?
I'm could care less about your strawman argument. The domain was/is a dog turd and everyone here thought ,you, as a respected seller, was selling the real thing. Hell, I almost BINed myself. This has nothing to do with your integrity.

Quote:
Sarcle, get used to it:

1. I will keep making good money with drop catches.
2. I will keep a very close watch on every auction you start from now on.
This I will address.

1. Yes, you are the Bill Gates of IDN. I don't care what you do Jose. This was a completely confusing auction. That's all.

2. Yes, I'll spend many sleepless nights awaiting the day you will exact your vengeance upon me. Now, I'm going to go play with my kid in the backyard.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetMedia View Post
The result is that as a newbie I buy a lot less than I would if I was more confident about what I was buying. The "off" threads do exacerbate the problem for me.

Enough said.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:59 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn View Post
Most searched
Personally I agree on that one. But we probably won't get the whole forum to agree.