IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th November 2011, 06:46 AM

rh909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Chinese speaker to help me sell on 66.cn

Hi everyone,

I don't speak Chinese, but have a few good idn.cn's i'd like to sell on 66.cn.

If you are fluent in Chinese, and can help me list the names, I can offer 15% of the sales price in return.

I have 4 names in total, an example of which is: 现在.cn (now).

This could be a good opportunity for you to make some money :-)

Any interest, please reply here or PM me.

Cheers,
Old 14th November 2011, 10:01 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
Re: Need Chinese speaker to help me sell on 66.cn

Are you for real?
Old 14th November 2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Are you for real?
Yes, I think so. Do you detect a problem??
Old 14th November 2011, 02:23 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh909 View Post
Yes, I think so. Do you detect a problem??
Just one minor issue

15% is too cheap
And your domain is crap

Please tell me why now.cn is premium?
What is a "now", can you sell "nows" online?
Old 14th November 2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
Just one minor issue

15% is too cheap
And your domain is crap

Please tell me why now.cn is premium?
Well, it looks like two issues to me, so let me address them both 'now' (no pun intended).

1. Is 15% really 'cheap', when there's no selling involved on their part, and they are just helping to translate?!
2. Who is helping you to read today, as 'now' is a very premium term, as it always has been in ascii or any other language...

Incidentally, your offensive comments aren't appreciate buddy. Do you go by the username "alpha", to make yourself feel better?
Old 14th November 2011, 04:07 PM
Semi-retired

Advice comes in many shapes and sizes. Sometimes beautifully gift wrapped, and sometimes thrown at you raw.

If you're smart you'll recognise its advice and not a hollow insult.

Alternatively you can carry on asking peoples opinion, then object when you don't hear what you want to hear; if that's you.. jog on, and good luck.

btw, "now" as an idn IS crap. I'm not calling your first-born child ugly, I'm just telling you the truth about your domain choice.
Old 14th November 2011, 04:12 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Just one minor issue

15% is too cheap
And your domain is crap
I believe that was two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha
This is effing hilarious. +1

Last edited by sarcle; 14th November 2011 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 14th November 2011, 04:15 PM

IdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished road

+1 (Alpha)

Last edited by IdnHost; 14th November 2011 at 04:15 PM..
Old 14th November 2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Advice comes in many shapes and sizes. Sometimes beautifully gift wrapped, and sometimes thrown at you raw.

If you're smart you'll recognise its advice and not a hollow insult.

Alternatively you can carry on asking peoples opinion, then object when you don't hear what you want to hear; if that's you.. jog on, and good luck.

btw, "now" as an idn IS crap. I'm not calling your first-born child ugly, I'm just telling you the truth about your domain choice.
Actually, this 'seriously de-railed' thread was not intended to be an appraisal thread. But as it's now turned in to that, unfortunately, is there anyone else who would like to make a comment on that particular domain name?.. and whether my original posting was completely foolish?

Old 14th November 2011, 04:32 PM

IdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished road

The post was a bit silly but no one is calling you a fool by any means. Im certain we all made silly comments or suggestions regarding any topic for that matter. I personally made lots of silly remarks about idns, but experience has taught me to know better, or simply ask an expert in the field before i make my comments public. In any case, we are all cool with each other here or as I would like to think. So no response on here should be taken to heart. I think I speak on behalf of everyone when i say we all mean good in this forum. On that note, welcome

Last edited by IdnHost; 14th November 2011 at 04:34 PM..
Old 14th November 2011, 04:40 PM

abe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished road

Actually -50

We would like new people to come in and bring in others. Obviously some make mistakes. However attacking or being rude or impolite is not the way to go. In fact, being more polite than usual towards them would be a more advisable way.

Yes, it works for some like Rick but the ascii world in domains is much bigger,

disclaimer - I know Alpha is usually very polite. Maybe he woke up on the wrong side? Offer him some virtual coffee on FB..
Old 14th November 2011, 04:46 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe View Post
Actually -50

We would like new people to come in and bring in others. Obviously some make mistakes. However attacking or being rude or impolite is not the way to go. In fact, being more polite than usual towards them would be a more advisable way.

Yes, it works for some like Rick but the ascii world in domains is much bigger,

disclaimer - I know Alpha is usually very polite. Maybe he woke up on the wrong side? Offer him some virtual coffee on FB..
I didn't realise I was being rude. To the point, yes.
I stand by what I said, how many ways can you say 15% is too little and the domain is not marketable?

As the op suggested, other opinions are needed here.
Old 14th November 2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
As the op suggested, other opinions are needed here.
I *think* this may be little more than a hate site, but your comment is something that I can agree on. Yes, I understand that folks will show 'loyalty' to other established members, but lets hear their opinions all the same...

1. Was 15% unfair?
2. Is "now"(.cn) a "crap" name?
Old 14th November 2011, 05:11 PM

abe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished roadabe is on a distinguished road

@Alpha - never said you were rude, just that response could be gentler.
I was actually referring to a specific comment on this thread as rude(not by you), and to the lack of tolerance in general in the forum.

I would say that using garbage/junk/not worth registering is more polite than c*** but that might be a cultural argument. lol

Towards new people I do think being even more polite than usual is a good strategy.

15% is what Sedo takes so I assume its a very nice percentage. However if domain is not a good one, then for one to spend time to post it for you would just be out of being a nice person.

I do not know if its good but as Alpha said: what does one sell on a site called "now"?
Old 14th November 2011, 05:13 PM

Emil is an unknown quantity at this point

the whole world is becoming way too sensitive i always prefered to hear from other more established members here or any other venture i undertook a brutal truth rather than sugar plated half assed compliment.

if domain is crap, it is crap. aint no calling domain owners crap. of course we all hold domains which we believe are prime and if not for outside view, then we all would be renewing crap year after year and wasting money.

so before i spend money on renewals for example, i would rather knowledgeable people tell me its crap than some other polite way of comforting me. saves me money.

Last edited by Emil; 14th November 2011 at 05:13 PM..
Old 14th November 2011, 05:22 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

The way things have been going on this forum recently, I think the next IDN convention will probably resemble something like WrestleMania !!

I for one want RD as my tag-team partner

Old 14th November 2011, 06:37 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
I *think* this may be little more than a hate site, but your comment is something that I can agree on. Yes, I understand that folks will show 'loyalty' to other established members, but lets hear their opinions all the same...

1. Was 15% unfair?
2. Is "now"(.cn) a "crap" name?
1. No
2. Most probably

It's tough love here buddy. In hindsight you'll fully understand, I'm sure. As long as there will be good names in the wild waiting to be picked up, people will call you out on anything that is sub-par. It's happened to me and pretty much everyone. The day nobody cares, this place will turn into IDNPros.
Old 14th November 2011, 06:44 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd View Post
I for one want RD as my tag-team partner
no tag-teams only battle royal cage matches

@op look at the bright side hopefully this tread saved you a renewal fee

Last edited by tee1; 14th November 2011 at 06:45 PM..
Old 14th November 2011, 07:22 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
the whole world is becoming way too sensitive
My favorite response on people being offended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycXuYzmzNg
Old 14th November 2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Actually, this 'seriously de-railed' thread was not intended to be an appraisal thread. But as it's now turned in to that, unfortunately, is there anyone else who would like to make a comment on that particular domain name?.. and whether my original posting was completely foolish?

That's right, you posted in "general discussion". That's what we are doing. Having a "general" discussion about your proposal and domain.

It wasn't "completely" foolish. Hopefully you take something out of this and try harder.

Or you can cry and throw fits like another member here when it's pointed out to them that their domain isn't what they thought it was.

Cheers.