IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > डोमेन नाम हिन्दी

डोमेन नाम हिन्दी IDN Domains in Indo languages.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd May 2006, 04:15 AM

IDN.TV is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to IDN.TV Send a message via Yahoo to IDN.TV Send a message via Skype™ to IDN.TV
Asked a friend working in Microsoft India

I asked one of my friends about windows in regional languages and this is what he had to say

"I tried to find out about the microsoft versions in local languages. Its about the government partnership in various parts of the world which drives this. It doesnt cost much for microsoft to develop versions in hindi, telugu and so on.It can sell the products to governments better and faster than its competetion like linux. Imagine linux in Hindi... It will take a long time for them to come up. Also in developing countries like india, computer knowledge can be pushed into rural india faster if we have software in local languages...So Microsoft sees a unique advantage in having Localized products thereby marketing its products better than any other company.To give you a feel of the drive. Windows 2000 has support for 126 languages, where as XP has support for 136 languages and Vista has support for 207 languages."

Nice not bad to be invested in Indian IDNs, RD thanx...

— Umberto Eco
Old 22nd May 2006, 08:51 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Asked a friend working in Microsoft India

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDN.TV
I asked one of my friends about windows in regional languages and this is what he had to say

"I tried to find out about the microsoft versions in local languages. Its about the government partnership in various parts of the world which drives this. It doesnt cost much for microsoft to develop versions in hindi, telugu and so on.It can sell the products to governments better and faster than its competetion like linux. Imagine linux in Hindi... It will take a long time for them to come up. Also in developing countries like india, computer knowledge can be pushed into rural india faster if we have software in local languages...So Microsoft sees a unique advantage in having Localized products thereby marketing its products better than any other company.To give you a feel of the drive. Windows 2000 has support for 126 languages, where as XP has support for 136 languages and Vista has support for 207 languages."

Nice not bad to be invested in Indian IDNs, RD thanx...
I knew what M$ were up to as I was using their Language Glossaries as a source of translations. I big post this under a thread called The Big One.
Old 22nd May 2006, 10:10 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDN.TV
Imagine linux in Hindi... It will take a long time for them to come up.
Imagine it. Today. http://hi.openoffice.org/
Old 22nd May 2006, 10:17 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
Imagine it. Today. http://hi.openoffice.org/
Yes, but the site template is in English. The day is not far away when the while expenrience will be in the Davengari Script, including of course most importantly the URL!
Old 22nd May 2006, 10:23 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Yes, but the site template is in English. The day is not far away when the while expenrience will be in the Davengari Script, including of course most importantly the URL!
Only becase of the software development nature of the OpenOffice project.... http://ja.openoffice.org/ is the same.

The point is, you have a major free competitor to Microsoft Office, in Hindi. Not only for Linux. Available now.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 22nd May 2006 at 10:26 AM..