IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2011, 09:18 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation
Verisign updated the IANA IDN Repository recently.

IANA maintains a collection of “IDN tables”, which represent permitted code points (letters) allowed for Internationalised Domain Name registrations in particular registries. To learn about the policy and procedures for this repository, including the process to lodge an IDN table, read the IDN Repository Procedures.

http://www.iana.org/domains/idn-tables/
Old 20th December 2011, 12:32 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough
Re: Verisign updated the IANA IDN Repository recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555 View Post
IANA maintains a collection of “IDN tables”, which represent permitted code points (letters) allowed for Internationalised Domain Name registrations in particular registries. To learn about the policy and procedures for this repository, including the process to lodge an IDN table, read the IDN Repository Procedures.

Thanks for posting this! The list for Latin .coms has been extended from what I recall seeing before. For instance, it is now possible to register names that have the "modifier turned comma", U+02bb.

Avtal
Old 20th December 2011, 12:35 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

Avtal you still worried? Every day i see more that clearly explains we are at the point of no return. The quicker people get this, good for them.
Old 20th December 2011, 12:45 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Avtal you still worried? Every day i see more that clearly explains we are at the point of no return. The quicker people get this, good for them.
I always worry. It just takes one lawsuit and an idiot US judge (of which there is no shortage) to bring the whole gTLD program to a halt.

The nice thing about Latin IDN .com domains is that we don't need to wait for Verisign or for the new gTLD program. But email support and support in Firefox would be helpful.

Avtal
Old 20th December 2011, 01:16 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

I think that if the us government understand even they can not stop this a district of Wyoming judge would also not as simple as you describe would have the ability to go near any decision making position relating to the new gTLD process but i understand what you mean, you count money in the stairs
Old 20th December 2011, 03:32 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Similarly to what's happening now in the financial sector where some countries would not hesitate to put money on the euro table if that would result in them gaining additional IMF voting power, same countries would undoubtedly push for a U.N. managed internet. The USA knows this and simply cannot screw up with the current new gTLD launch.
Old 20th December 2011, 04:35 PM

andre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I see that there are script tables and language tables. Can one even register according to script? My very limited experience of registering idns indicates that one can only choose language and not script.

Now if I were to register a dot com Russian idn the relevant table http://www.iana.org/domains/idn-tabl...om_ru_1.0.html lists the set of allowable code points. This set is what I would expect.

But if I were to register a dot com Cyrillic there is a much larger set of allowable code points http://www.iana.org/domains/idn-tabl..._cyrl_1.0.html

I think, in this case, that Cyrillic is a fallback for those languages that use Cyrillic but for which there is not yet a language table?????????

André 小山 Schappo
Old 20th December 2011, 10:47 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

The Russian table includes letters that have never been used in Russian, for example, those used in Komi language.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 20th December 2011 at 10:48 PM..