IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > IDN Newbies

IDN Newbies IDN domain newbie questions like What is an IDN domain, what are idners, how do you use punycode, is there a Japanese sedo etc. Since this is a new market please don't hesitate to ask questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th December 2011, 09:51 AM

Keldon is an unknown quantity at this point
Introduction Post

Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself.

I'm an old-school, full-time, ASCII .com investor going back to the mid 1990's, but in the last year or so I have kinda' gotten bored with the .com market......been there and done that so many years it's not as intriguing as it used to be, although I still like it. I've always invested to a decent degree in foreign language domains, even back in the 90's, so I am not 100% ignorant of those markets like some domain investors.

I've been trolling around IDNForums a little for few months trying to understand the market before I start posting. I'm realizing that I still have a whole LOT to learn. It's amazing how much there is to know.

I missed the early IDN days and am arriving just now in 2011. I've bought about 20 IDNs so far this year with a few successful parking earners, and have struck out more than have won. I'm pumped up by the successful ones though.

I'm finding I enjoy the research more with IDNs. It's more challenging and it's more like being a detective than running through the regular motions of researching ASCII .com domains.

I've been debating for some time about making a real play in IDNs and now think I will actually take this area more seriously and concentrate a whole lot less on the ASCII market.

I speak Portuguese and Spanish pretty well, with a stronger understanding of Portuguese, so if anyone needs help I'll do my best to lend a hand in those languages. I'm sure there are some here that have more Spanish skills than me, though.

Lastly, I want to give thanks to Drewbert for getting me in here!!

Last edited by Keldon; 24th December 2011 at 09:55 AM..
Old 24th December 2011, 10:07 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
Re: Introduction Post

Welcome.

Plenty of expertise here on the forum to take advantage of.

Be interested to see what you have got that is produces earnings in a relatively short time,Spanish,Portuguese?
Old 24th December 2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot View Post
Welcome.

Plenty of expertise here on the forum to take advantage of.

Be interested to see what you have got that is produces earnings in a relatively short time,Spanish,Portuguese?
Thanks for the welcome Wot!!!

I know NameDrive is the favorite, but so far I am having more success with InternetTraffic.com than I am at NameDrive, but I am still testing.

Here are the only ones that are in the black out of the 20 or so I have bought:

ダイエットレシピ.com - Japanese, Diet Recipes
yıldız.com - Turkish, Stars
のいちご.com - Japanese, Strawberry
preçobaixo.com - Portuguese, Low Price

Old 24th December 2011, 10:33 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldon View Post
Thanks for the welcome Wot!!!

I know NameDrive is the favorite, but so far I am having more success with InternetTraffic.com than I am at NameDrive, but I am still testing.

Here are the only ones that are in the black out of the 20 or so I have bought:

ダイエットレシピ.com - Japanese, Diet Recipes
のいちご.com - Japanese, Strawberry
preçobaixo.com - Portuguese, Low Price

Cool, I must try internettraffic.com if it keeps beating ND.

Careful with Japanese terms that start with the の character, because it signifies possession, like English apostrophe "s", and translators will ignore it and give you a false positive. Strawberry in Japanese in Hiragana would be いちご.com. Great that you're in the black with it. Shows that it doesn't matter in some cases.

Last edited by gammascalper; 24th December 2011 at 10:34 AM..
Old 24th December 2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper View Post
Cool, I must try internettraffic.com if it keeps beating ND.

Careful with Japanese terms that start with the の character, because it signifies possession, like English apostrophe "s", and translators will ignore it and give you a false positive. Strawberry in Japanese in Hiragana would be いちご.com. Great that you're in the black with it. Shows that it doesn't matter in some cases.
Thanks for the explanation.

It had occurred to me that it might be "retargeting" ads that got clicked and I just got lucky. Some of the others I bought seem so much better than that one.

Old 25th December 2011, 05:42 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Welcome! Glad to see you here!
Old 25th December 2011, 06:44 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Welcome!
Old 25th December 2011, 10:56 AM

has2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished roadhas2hands is on a distinguished road

Welcome and Best of luck.
Old 25th December 2011, 11:00 AM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IDNer

Welcome a full-time, old-school ASCII .com investor jump into the IDN world
Old 25th December 2011, 12:21 PM

Steve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enoughSteve Clarke will become famous soon enough

Welcome aboard
Old 25th December 2011, 02:37 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Bem-vindo ao fórum! E, se me permite a questão, qual a origem do falar tão bem Português?
Old 25th December 2011, 05:36 PM

IdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished road

Welcome, and happy holidays.
Old 25th December 2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
Bem-vindo ao fórum! E, se me permite a questão, qual a origem do falar tão bem Português?
Eu falo Português do Brasil .

Minha esposa é de lá.

Old 25th December 2011, 07:38 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!! It's appreciated.

Old 26th December 2011, 05:52 AM

o.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldon View Post

yıldız is star actually (singular). It also means celebrity just like it does in English.

And coincidentally today somebody mentioned to me yildiz.tv where Turkish cable channels are streamed for free, probably illegally, so there you go.

Anyway, welcome and best of luck here.
Old 26th December 2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.c. View Post
yıldız is star actually (singular). It also means celebrity just like it does in English.

And coincidentally today somebody mentioned to me yildiz.tv where Turkish cable channels are streamed for free, probably illegally, so there you go.

Anyway, welcome and best of luck here.
Thanks for that, O.C. !!! I appreciate it.

Now at least I know what I have.