IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:19 PM

GoofyGoober is a tad dodgyGoofyGoober is a tad dodgyGoofyGoober is a tad dodgyGoofyGoober is a tad dodgyGoofyGoober is a tad dodgyGoofyGoober is a tad dodgy
Lightbulb Si̇de.com (IDN) - $13,000,000 Popular Ancient Resort Town in Turkey

IDN - Si̇de.com (SİDE.COM) appraised for $16,777,215 Selling for $13,000,000 on Sedo.com - Make Your Offers Here. Punycode - http://xn--side-rwc.com
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:31 PM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about
Re: Si̇de.com (IDN) - $13,000,000 Popular Ancient Resort Town in Turkey

finaly SEDO will get their lights punched out by this one. 13 mill wow, what language is it Turkish? Are you related to HOHOHO?

Last edited by DktoInc; 3rd January 2012 at 10:33 PM..
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:50 PM

GoofyGoober is a tad dodgyGoofyGoober is a tad dodgyGoofyGoober is a tad dodgyGoofyGoober is a tad dodgyGoofyGoober is a tad dodgyGoofyGoober is a tad dodgy

:p It's an uppercase Turkish dotted i

Last edited by GoofyGoober; 3rd January 2012 at 10:51 PM..
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:35 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Even Wikipedia does not display the i accented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side

and do tell us who gave you the appraisal for $16,777,215
Old 4th January 2012, 12:03 AM

Lightbulb Re: Si̇de.com (IDN) - $13,000,000 Popular Ancient Resort Town in Turkey

Wikipedia as useful as it is doesn't always have all the answers... the two letters i and İ are the same. In Turkish, the regular i has a dot when it's capital as well. So i and İ are the same. Interesting that Side.com with the regular i will take you to a completely different website than SİDE.COM. But I believe this will change. It's going to be interesting to see how IDNs' evolve in the future.
Old 4th January 2012, 12:04 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
Even Wikipedia does not display the i accented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side

and do tell us who gave you the appraisal for $16,777,215
only Sedo can appraise a fake IDN domain at a higher value then sex.com
Old 4th January 2012, 07:36 AM

Lightbulb Re: Si̇de.com (IDN) - $13,000,000 Popular Ancient Resort Town in Turkey

After having read the explanation I gave above - care to back up your declaration of this domain being fake? Enlighten us.
Old 4th January 2012, 07:47 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

If I gave you 13 Cents, it would be out of pity.
Old 4th January 2012, 08:02 AM

Thumbs up Re: Si̇de.com (IDN) - $13,000,000 Popular Ancient Resort Town in Turkey

I'm not one to say no to money Thank you very much sir, Good day
Old 4th January 2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyGoober View Post
After having read the explanation I gave above - care to back up your declaration of this domain being fake? Enlighten us.
http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=2323980

looks like a phishing domain to me, although but I am not a Turkish native, you have a response to your question by a Turkish native in the link above who confirms that it's spelled with an regular "i", so again your domain looks like a phish to me.

Last edited by DktoInc; 4th January 2012 at 08:42 AM..
Old 4th January 2012, 08:40 AM

A link to wordreference.com... is your backup?
Old 4th January 2012, 08:48 AM

Lets be honest here... of course none of you will admit it. But there seems to be a little bitterness and resentment because I was allowed to price my domain at $13,000,000. Grow up people and do some research before you make yourselves look like fools... oh darn, too late.
Old 4th January 2012, 08:54 AM

I don't think you caught the part on the bottom

"In small letters: Side
In capital letters: SİDE".

Which means: They are both correct.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Lets be honest here... of course none of you will admit it. But there seems to be a little bitterness and resentment because I was allowed to price my domain at $13,000,000. Grow up people and do some research before you make yourselves look like fools... oh darn, too late.

ahh research, have you done yours? Can you provide at least 1 example of where it is spelled Si̇de, Turkey?? on a map, article, a tv show, online encyclopedia of any kind.... just one.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:25 AM

Of course I did my research or else I wouldn't have bought this domain name. Here are 2 sites using the uppercase

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/s.../TopSites.html
(Scroll to the bottom for the uppercase Side)

http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/slide...44100799171353

Last edited by GoofyGoober; 4th January 2012 at 09:27 AM..
Old 4th January 2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Of course I did my research or else I wouldn't have bought this domain name. Here are 2 sites using the uppercase

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/s.../TopSites.html
(Scroll to the bottom for the uppercase Side)

http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/slide...44100799171353

i never asked you for the capital version. I asked you for Si̇de.

do you not c the difference between i and i̇ ?

or maybe you missed this part?
Quote:
city you're asking is written with a regular i
?
Old 4th January 2012, 09:49 AM

Look I am really tired, dont even know what you're saying anymore If you're talking about Si̇de than here's a site that's using it
http://www.leisureplanet.com/hotel/tr/si/

Copy the "Si̇de Sun Hotel" link above the 4 stars.
Paste it in your browser and delete "Sun Hotel" and add the .com at the end of si̇de.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:17 AM

xcyte is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW.... Goofy I left something marginally more well informed relating to your domain in the toilet earlier tonight.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:40 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

I still want to know who gave it the $16,000,000 appraisal.

You think this is worth more than domains like ...ireport.com (sold by Rick Schwartz for less than a million?)
Old 4th January 2012, 12:41 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I don't think you caught the part on the bottom

"In small letters: Side
In capital letters: SİDE".

Which means: They are both correct.
There are no upper and lower cases in Latin Domain Names. Name prep does not allow it. Surprised Verisign have not deleted it yet. Clearly the owner of the lower case is the rightful owner.