IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Wanted

IDN Wanted Those looking to find certain IDNs post here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2006, 02:05 AM

ScottFish is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying Traffi IDNs ($25k Budget)

I am looking to create a nice portfolio of IDNs from Japan/China/India in their own native languages.

Please post your IDN and price, I will consider low to high priced domains.
Old 23rd May 2006, 02:10 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Buying Traffi IDNs ($25k Budget)

Hey Scott
Welcome to the site
You really need to add the Pix
It's not the same without it...

Also you might want to post what extensions you want.
Members have a range of Domains from .jp, .cn, to com, net, org, & then also .tv, & .cc

You should also make sure you realize "Traffic" is not the basis of most sales yet because IE7 isn't released yet...

But good luck guy...

Last edited by Olney; 23rd May 2006 at 02:14 AM..
Old 23rd May 2006, 02:18 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFish
I am looking to create a nice portfolio of IDNs from Japan/China/India in their own native languages.

We post every day in the sales forum. Please check it out.
Old 23rd May 2006, 02:24 AM

I have seen the posts in the sales forum, mostly Im looking for .com and .in.

I have quite a nice .in portfolio in english domains ... such as ...
CivilRights.in
CheapGifts.in
DigitalMovie.in
AIDS.org.in

etc...

Im looking to pick up a few IDNS in various languages and extensions. What do you guys think will have the most value? Im thinking Chinese IDN .coms and Chinese IDN .CNs. - what do you think?
Old 23rd May 2006, 02:27 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottfish
Im looking to pick up a few IDNS in various languages and extensions. What do you guys think will have the most value? Im thinking Chinese IDN .coms and Chinese IDN .CNs. - what do you think?
Well currently Japanese demands the most money but most people agree that Chinese should become a top contender sometime in the next 10 years, but the most demanded idn's IMO at the moment are japanese & chinese , Both are Awesome investments

Last edited by thegenius1; 23rd May 2006 at 02:32 AM..
Old 23rd May 2006, 02:30 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Some have pegged it as a time factor.
Many think Japanese IDN Market will develop first 2 years
Then perhaps the Chinese IDN Market & India perhaps to 5 to 10.

Everything is a matter of preference really.

I think coms & the county extensions will be the most valuable actually close to equally.

But some choose to just get dot coms

I prefer a good mixture of coms & jp for Japan.
Old 23rd May 2006, 03:15 AM

Would you guys rather have a stellar IDN .com in lets say... chinese VERSUS a stellar IDN in .cn, etc...?
Old 23rd May 2006, 05:44 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

I think currently chinese.com is still very much preferred to chinese.cn, but in the future, no one really knows.

As the economy in China rises, the value of .cn will come up as well...

Last edited by touchring; 23rd May 2006 at 05:56 AM..
Old 23rd May 2006, 06:57 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Sorry, not awake that was supposed to be PM.

No, I think everyone should seek the best deal. All I was saying is that because no decent price has been achieved for an Indian domain he could have the pick of my portfolios for 2k. I am not even saying that I have the best Indian domains so others could be worth more. I do however, have some very good Indian names and a very good selection.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 23rd May 2006 at 07:14 AM..
Old 23rd May 2006, 07:07 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Don't over pay for Indian as nobody as sold one yet. I will let have any domain in my Hindi or Indeed other Indics Portfolios for $2K as long as it can be publicised.
So you are saying, don't pay anyone else 2K, but pay Mr. Duck 2K for Indians because I, Mr. Duck need more publicity?

As for Indian domains you are wrong that nobody has sold one yet. I have.

You've sold Indian letters and numbers yourself.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 23rd May 2006 at 07:13 AM..
Old 23rd May 2006, 07:16 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Would you guys rather have a stellar IDN .com in lets say... chinese VERSUS a stellar IDN in .cn, etc...?
Nearly all the top speculators have gone for dot com. Dot com is the market for IDN at the moment. There is still quite a lot of dot JP still available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
So you are saying, don't pay anyone else 2K, but pay Mr. Duck 2K for Indians because I, Mr. Duck need more publicity?

As for Indian domains you are wrong that nobody has sold one yet. I have.

You've sold Indian letters and numbers yourself.

No, I think everyone should seek the best deal. All I was saying is that because no decent price has been achieved for an Indian domain he could have the pick of my portfolios for 2k. I am not even saying that I have the best Indian domains so others could be worth more. I do, however, have some very nice Indian names and a very good selection.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 23rd May 2006 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23rd May 2006, 07:21 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

If it's traffic domains you're interested in...

Using the example of a $200 a month IDN, you'd probably have to pay 4-5 years for the generic itself multiplied by an IE7 premium of 3-5. That would still give you a good multiple of upside from full IE7 penetration and the increase in local bids. IE7 premium would vary due to ASCII leakage for latin-based languages and current IE7 use.

$200 x 48 x 5 = $48,000

Potential upside is still well over 10x the way I see it.

Traffic IDN are rare and valuable.

If I were just starting out, I would try to buy more than a few generic .com IDN in Simp. Chinese and Japanese, and then take your pick from Arabic, Russian, French, Portugese, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese, Hindi et al.
Old 23rd May 2006, 07:27 AM
Veteran

Quote:
All I was saying is that because no decent price has been achieved for an Indian domain he could have the pick of my portfolios for 2k.
No decent price means your pick of the portfolio currently has no decent price as well. Like you said: Don't over pay for Indian.
Old 23rd May 2006, 07:28 AM
Veteran

Traffic is only really a phenomenon in Germany and China at the moment. The current levels of traffic are still small for all IDN at the moment, but the figures for Germany and China are flattered for technical reasons.

I would agree with Gammascalpers priorties. There are still plenty of opportunities for new regging in India, although most of the dream portfolio names have now gone.

Quote:
No decent price means your pick of the portfolio currently has no decent price as well. Like you said: Don't over pay for Indian.
Sorry, can you translate to English?

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 23rd May 2006 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23rd May 2006, 09:25 AM
Veteran

Quote:

Do not assume that what you pay for is the "market price" like the price you pay for your equity stocks - there is no "market price" for Asian IDNs.

The price you pay to buy a domain is what you are willing to pay and the lowest price the seller is willing to let go.

If you are willing to pay ten thousand, that's the price at that moment in time. Say the following week, you have a cash call from your bank and you need to dispose the domain within 3 days, and the best price you can get is five hundred, then that's the next price.

Last edited by touchring; 23rd May 2006 at 09:31 AM..
Old 23rd May 2006, 09:33 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
I think there's no "market price" for Asian IDNs. The price is what you are willing to pay and the lowest price the seller is willing to let go.

If you are willing to pay ten thousand, that's the price at that moment in time. Say the following week, you have a cash call from your bank and you need to dispose the domain within 3 days, and the best price you can get is five hundred, then that's the next price.
Well the price on Hindi at the moment is very much $2K, because I am willing to sell any one domain or perhaps more to a single buyer to get the ball rolling. If the price drops even one dollar below that level the publicity that I would get for selling would be jeopardised, so I simply would not make the sell.

Perhaps, others feel that their domains are worth more than $2K, but whilst my offer is open and nothing close to this level has been achieved, then it unlikely that a significantly higher price would be achieved. Once, however, I or indeed someone else has made that initial sale then much of my portfolios would no longer be available at that benchmark, so higher priced sales would undoubtedly follow.
Old 23rd May 2006, 09:37 AM
Veteran

Yes, i forgot to add that, there's no "market price" for Asian idns because future traffic is unknown, everyone is just guessing.

Even for Chinese idns, i believe that a lot of traffic is actually typo - people trying to type-in search engines but end up typing in the address bar. Alternatively, it might be people trying to type-in realnames, but end up putting in the .com inadvertently.

Many factors can influence type-in:

1. The amount of searches done for that keyword a day.
2. The popularity of realnames - requires plugin.
3. The percentage of people using plugin - both verisign and cnnic issued.
4. The percentage of people using Firefox, Opera and IE7.
5. The number of major sites using IDN - which is basically none for Asian languages.

Last edited by touchring; 23rd May 2006 at 09:41 AM..
Old 23rd May 2006, 09:41 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, i forgot to add that, there's no "market price" for Asian idns because future traffic is unknown, everyone is just guessing.

Even for Chinese idns, i believe that a lot of traffic is actually typo - people trying to type-in search engines but end up typing in the address bar. Alternatively, it might be people trying to type-in realnames, but end up putting in the .com inadvertently.
Now there is a concept. After months of trying to convince people that it is physically possible to type in dot com from a Chinese Keyboard, we now have people doing it "inadvertantly"!
Old 23rd May 2006, 09:45 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Now there is a concept. After months of trying to convince people that it is physically possible to type in dot com from a Chinese Keyboard, we now have people doing it "inadvertantly"!
Yes, it's possible to type-in .com using firefox without switching language. For internet explorer, the same can be done, but using CAPs. I've not checked the cnnic plugin.

We've come a long way since the day when we believed that chinese.com idns are banned in China (blame it on Sedo and Namedrive), and fast forward 3 months, we've got so many new members from China.

Isn't it crazy?

Last edited by touchring; 23rd May 2006 at 09:53 AM..
Old 23rd May 2006, 12:35 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, it's possible to type-in .com using firefox without switching language. For internet explorer, the same can be done, but using CAPs. I've not checked the cnnic plugin.

We've come a long way since the day when we believed that chinese.com idns are banned in China (blame it on Sedo and Namedrive), and fast forward 3 months, we've got so many new members from China.

Isn't it crazy?
There is a lot of Fog of War to deal with. That is why there is so much opportunity as in many areas no one has figured out what the hell is going on.

In this game you have to invest on hunches most of the time, otherwise you are just too damned late.