IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > IDN Domain Name Parking

IDN Domain Name Parking Forum for parking international Domain names & services.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2012, 02:45 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road
Adsense for Domains Comes to an End on April 18th

https://support.google.com/adsense/b...70&topic=23388
Old 22nd February 2012, 02:50 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Re: Adsense for Domains Comes to an End on April 18th

Google? Oh, that search engine from the 90's. Now I remember.
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:11 PM

mdw is an unknown quantity at this point

Phooey, my domains were earning significantly better there than anywhere else. I'll have to go back to giving a cut to some middleman again, or revisit the idea of mass developing my own.
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:14 PM

Rockruler is an unknown quantity at this pointRockruler is an unknown quantity at this point

Too bad... I was earning the most with AFD... they kind of put other parking companies to shame...
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:20 PM

Rockruler is an unknown quantity at this pointRockruler is an unknown quantity at this point

So does anyone have any recommendations outside of AFD? I've used Namedrive and Sedo and both were worse performers for me.
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:31 PM

welkin will become famous soon enoughwelkin will become famous soon enoughwelkin will become famous soon enoughwelkin will become famous soon enoughwelkin will become famous soon enoughwelkin will become famous soon enoughwelkin will become famous soon enough

Bodis is basically AFD+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockruler View Post
So does anyone have any recommendations outside of AFD? I've used Namedrive and Sedo and both were worse performers for me.
Old 22nd February 2012, 04:03 PM

Thanks welkin, I'll give them a try
Old 22nd February 2012, 06:02 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

http://domaingang.com/editorial/the-...ins-by-google/

"For 3+ years, Google tasted your traffic, poked your performance, all while giving you back pennies on the dollar. I guess you didn’t care much then but now it gets worse!

After sucking you dry, Google now says that your domains aren’t good.

“Parked domains are placeholder sites that are seldom useful and often filled with ads. They typically don’t have valuable content for our users, so in most cases we prefer not to show them.”"
Old 22nd February 2012, 06:07 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

I'm wondering if they got gamed/defrauded/arbitraged. Me thinks they'd rather do that parking business through middlemen so that when things go wrong, they can just claw money back from the parking providers.
Old 22nd February 2012, 06:30 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
I'm wondering if they got gamed/defrauded/arbitraged. Me thinks they'd rather do that parking business through middlemen so that when things go wrong, they can just claw money back from the parking providers.
yeah that probably makes more sense......... scratch the going into the "parking business plan"

google got gamed/defrauded/arbitraged
Old 22nd February 2012, 06:55 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

but Google is a glorified parking page.. It's a directory of links pointing to other people's works.. They are the king of parking pages.
Old 22nd February 2012, 07:25 PM

yeah, problem is now we get even less of a share of the pie... so now we have to park with 3rd party Google feeds who will take their commissions as well.
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:33 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
yeah, problem is now we get even less of a share of the pie... so now we have to park with 3rd party Google feeds who will take their commissions as well.
Do you think they paid you the same rev share they pay to the ad networks/parking cos ?

And do you think your domains were properly optimized ?
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Do you think they paid you the same rev share they pay to the ad networks/parking cos ?

And do you think your domains were properly optimized ?
No, but I do know that it was higher than with several parking co's... I doubt that going with any 3rd party will pay you more than just going with AFD. But I'd love to be proved wrong :D
Old 23rd February 2012, 04:23 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Minisites next?
Old 10th May 2012, 11:13 PM

celia is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No, but I do know that it was higher than with several parking co's... I doubt that going with any 3rd party will pay you more than just going with AFD. But I'd love to be proved wrong :D
Are u proved wrong, rockruler? Are the parking cos performing better these days than AFD did?
Old 11th May 2012, 03:05 AM

Nope. Not at all. I'd say my revenues are down by half. I weep for the AFD days...
Old 11th May 2012, 10:32 PM

celia is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Nope. Not at all. I'd say my revenues are down by half. I weep for the AFD days...
Gosh! too sharp decrease! I weep with u... Now I'm really scared before I take the first step!