IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   IDN Sales Report (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/idn-sales-report/)
-   -   貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401 (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/31007-%E8%B2%93-com-dynadot-com-expired-auction-%241-401-a.html)

seesawgame 26th February 2012 09:36 AM

貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
貓.com (xn-tj3a.com)
Cat.com in T-Chinese
About 3 hours ago, It was sold $1,401 at Dynadot.com expired auction.

http://i.imgur.com/83u9D.gif

ref http://xn--eqrt2gk4d.com/851

Wot 26th February 2012 09:41 AM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
I was watching.

Don't be surprised to see it renewed.

sarcle 26th February 2012 07:59 PM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wot (Bericht 193028)
I was watching.

Don't be surprised to see it renewed.

I don't participate in dynadot auctions. But you can still renew even after the auction is over?

seesawgame 26th February 2012 08:07 PM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcle (Bericht 193051)
I don't participate in dynadot auctions. But you can still renew even after the auction is over?

yes, owner have about 24~48 hours to renew it :yes:

chrisofmel 26th February 2012 08:08 PM

ตอบ: Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcle (Bericht 193051)
I don't participate in dynadot auctions. But you can still renew even after the auction is over?

seems so, i have won a couple names and received winner's email and have paid and then informed that it was renewed. so i am not sure how long they have to renew them?

jose 26th February 2012 08:10 PM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcle (Bericht 193051)
I don't participate in dynadot auctions. But you can still renew even after the auction is over?

Yes, you can. Unless he's dead (hope not) anyone can consult domaintools whois history and offer the owner $100 for the name.

That's why, I am 100% sure it would be renewed. He or others will take care of it.

Ben 26th February 2012 08:16 PM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Does this mean mačka.com has value? :)

sarcle 26th February 2012 08:43 PM

Re: ตอบ: Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisofmel (Bericht 193054)
seems so, i have won a couple names and received winner's email and have paid and then informed that it was renewed.

So then, how long does it take to get your money back?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose
Yes, you can.

Wow, so theoretically you can see what the market says it's worth, (at least the dynadot market). Then renew the name knowing what people are willing to pay for it, watching the auction the entire time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jose
anyone can consult domaintools whois history

Too bad there isn't a dynadot bidder whois. :) Though the probability the bidders check the forums here is pretty high. So you could put it up for auction here, with the final dynadot auction price posted.

Should test that out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seesawgame
yes, owner have about 24~48 hours to renew it

Thanks

chrisofmel 26th February 2012 08:48 PM

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcle (Bericht 193058)
So then, how long does it take to get your money back?



Wow, so theoretically you can see what the market says it's worth, (at least the dynadot market). Then renew the name knowing what people are willing to pay for it, watching the auction the entire time.



Too bad there isn't a dynadot bidder whois. :) Though the probability the bidders check the forums here is pretty high. So you could put it up for auction here, with the final dynadot auction price posted.

Should test that out.



Thanks

they just credit your dynadot account. so i have always left it in there and used for renewals and any new regg's. i guess if it was a large amount and you needed a refund you could somehow get another form of payment back to you. i just never looked into it. maybe some other member knows this answer.

Avtal 26th February 2012 09:09 PM

Re: ตอบ: Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcle (Bericht 193058)
Wow, so theoretically you can see what the market says it's worth, (at least the dynadot market). Then renew the name knowing what people are willing to pay for it, watching the auction the entire time.

Actually, you no longer have to monitor the auction. Dynadot now has a "Watchlist" feature. You add an expiring domain (yours or anyone else's) to the watchlist, and after the auction is over you can see how much it went for.

Avtal

sarcle 26th February 2012 09:14 PM

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisofmel (Bericht 193059)
they just credit your dynadot account.

That doesn't seem right. If I don't get a product from a company that I paid them for, I should get a complete refund not a credit. This is one of the reasons I didn't and now wont participate.

Quote:

i guess if it was a large amount and you needed a refund you could somehow get another form of payment back to you. i just never looked into it. maybe some other member knows this answer.
Yeah, but let's say you have a spare $500 this month and you are willing to put that into a domain names. So you bid and win a domain at dynadot and they don't return your money. Dynadot just took money out of the domain aftermarket as now I can't use that $500 to buy up domains someplace else, such as here.

Would be nice to know if you can get a complete refund. Thanks chrisofmel.

bwhhisc 26th February 2012 09:27 PM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
its a shitty system....the owner has about 2-3 days to renew after the auction.

sarcle is right, you can let your questionable names roll thru the auction, see which get bids, and then renew those.

9 out of 10 i have tried for have been renewed after the auction so not bothering much anymore.

godaddy is same way....owner has right to renew after the auction ends but for about 5 days.

tee1 26th February 2012 09:49 PM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
the owner can actually put the name on their watch list so they don't have to watch the auction, otherwise its kinda hard to keep up with them. IMO best way to get an appraisal on a name you are not sure about.

agree its a crappy system I actually got a couple transferred to my account yesterday that I won via an expired auction its been a long time most get renewed.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bwhhisc (Bericht 193062)
its a shitty system....the owner has about 2-3 days to renew after the auction.

sarcle is right, you can let your questionable names roll thru the auction, see which get bids, and then renew those.

9 out of 10 i have tried for have been renewed after the auction so not bothering much anymore.

godaddy is same way....owner has right to renew after the auction ends but for about 5 days.


sarcle 26th February 2012 10:03 PM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tee1 (Bericht 193063)
the owner can actually put the name on their watch list so they don't have to watch the auction, otherwise its kinda hard to keep up with them. IMO best way to get an appraisal on a name you are not sure about.

Yeah, but the best appraisal is what people are willing to bid. What the market says it's worth ATM. Even if you know the name is good or even questionable. Now you have proof of what people are willing to spend.

Being able to renew defeats the whole purpose of participating in an auction. The only one who benefits is the registrar as now they have your money in their system that you can't get back out.

Wot 27th February 2012 08:38 AM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Interesting,still not renewed.

The old question,what would it have got on auction here? Low $xxx?

seesawgame 27th February 2012 10:18 AM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wot (Bericht 193090)
Interesting,still not renewed.

The old question,what would it have got on auction here? Low $xxx?

Maybe only $xx :rolleyes:

bwhhisc 27th February 2012 01:07 PM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by seesawgame (Bericht 193093)
Maybe only $xx :rolleyes:

We'll have to watch the who.is and invite those Dynadot buyers over. ;)

sarcle 27th February 2012 01:37 PM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wot (Bericht 193090)
Interesting,still not renewed.

The old question,what would it have got on auction here? Low $xxx?

The .org would have sold higher. ;)

seesawgame 27th February 2012 01:43 PM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bwhhisc (Bericht 193098)
We'll have to watch the who.is and invite those Dynadot buyers over. ;)

I'll follow whois too, but buyer may hidden whois also. :bored:

Wot 28th February 2012 08:14 AM

Re: 貓.com Dynadot.com expired auction $1,401
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bwhhisc (Bericht 193098)
We'll have to watch the who.is and invite those Dynadot buyers over. ;)

Maybe here already? :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54