IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2012, 03:38 PM

Vlaen is on a distinguished roadVlaen is on a distinguished roadVlaen is on a distinguished roadVlaen is on a distinguished roadVlaen is on a distinguished roadVlaen is on a distinguished road
Godaddy slides into sleaze

Godaddy has sunk to a new low. Fraud

Last month I decided to let 8 .net expire. I renewed several .coms there and specifically remember removing the auto-renew function off of the .nets.

About a week later a random 'account manager' called me to tell me about the expiring domains and I told him that it was intentional and the domains are to expire.

I got a credit card bill today.

Godaddy managed to renew all 8 of the .nets in my account. Four of them against an expired credit card.

I called Godaddy billing dept and got them to back out the charges but really. This is going too far. They've managed to guess at the new expiration date of one of my credit cards and charge it.
Old 7th March 2012, 03:49 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: Godaddy slides into sleaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlaen View Post
Godaddy has sunk to a new low. Fraud

Last month I decided to let 8 .net expire. I renewed several .coms there and specifically remember removing the auto-renew function off of the .nets.

About a week later a random 'account manager' called me to tell me about the expiring domains and I told him that it was intentional and the domains are to expire.

I got a credit card bill today.

Godaddy managed to renew all 8 of the .nets in my account. Four of them against an expired credit card.

I called Godaddy billing dept and got them to back out the charges but really. This is going too far. They've managed to guess at the new expiration date of one of my credit cards and charge it.
There are never any meaningful reasons to ditch Godaddy though.

In all seriousness, Bob Parsons and co. can suck a tailpipe. Why is any "learned" domainer still using Godaddy?
Old 7th March 2012, 03:58 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Bob Parsons is no longer with Godaddy
Old 7th March 2012, 04:02 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy View Post
Bob Parsons is no longer with Godaddy
He's no longer CEO but he's still an executive chairman on their board.

Quote:
Executive Chairman and Founder of GoDaddy.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Parsons
Old 8th March 2012, 08:57 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Below is the list of my domain names with GoDaddy:
Old 8th March 2012, 04:34 PM

Keldon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlaen View Post
I had a AMEX I once used at GoDaddy and I never updated the info. with them and they still had the old expiration date and card number and it worked for two years before I updated it with them.

I have no idea why it worked.

Old 8th March 2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
In all seriousness, Bob Parsons and co. can suck a tailpipe. Why is any "learned" domainer still using Godaddy?
Well, every time I think about leaving something good happens at GD to counteract the bad.

I just renewed all my .TV domains for about $49.35 each for five years, for a total savings of $135.60 per domain. That's very significant. It went into the many thousands in savings for me.

Maybe it was a glitch, but who cares?

Old 8th March 2012, 04:48 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldon View Post
Well, every time I think about leaving something good happens at GD to counteract the bad.

I just renewed all my .TV domains for about $49.35 each for five years, for a total savings of $135.60 per domain. That's very significant. It went into the many thousands in savings for me.

Maybe it was a glitch, but who cares?

.tv is 12.99 at Dynadot (and 10.25 for me)
Old 8th March 2012, 04:55 PM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldon View Post
I had a AMEX I once used at GoDaddy and I never updated the info. with them and they still had the old expiration date and card number and it worked for two years before I updated it with them.

I have no idea why it worked.

your cc company automaticaly forwards your old CC purchases online to your new one. Has nothing to do with GD. It's the same everywhere.
Old 8th March 2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
Holy shit!!!

I did not know that....thanks.

Old 9th March 2012, 06:43 AM

htmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
For renewals or new reg?
Old 9th March 2012, 08:33 AM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

new
I just renew two for 10.25, but i have better rate