IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > IDN Domain Name Parking

IDN Domain Name Parking Forum for parking international Domain names & services.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2012, 08:07 PM

o.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enough
"Automatic Website Building Technology"

What do you guys think?

http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2012/february-march.htm
Old 30th March 2012, 08:33 PM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about
Re: "Automatic Website Building Technology"

It's good.

Similar software has been available on the market for years. The question is how this compiler works with SEO and other website dev tools (Adobe) . would love to see the css code for one of the sites they created.

Last edited by DktoInc; 30th March 2012 at 08:36 PM..
Old 30th March 2012, 11:06 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Css is publicly available on all sites that have it
Old 30th March 2012, 11:12 PM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

I don't see no sample sites created with this

[EDIT] oK found some

Last edited by DktoInc; 30th March 2012 at 11:47 PM..
Old 31st March 2012, 05:38 AM

dowloaded a sample site, looks good, simple but nice.
can be edited in 3party software, html, css is clean and nicely structured. the menus dont look like the greatests and i dont see any of them go past 1 sublevel on any of the samples, but can be edited easily in DreamWeaver .

Quote:
"Create 1000s of websites via an open API directly from your own database

Does this mean that this is an online webservice and not a software for downloading? The create a trial account is not working for me.

Last edited by DktoInc; 31st March 2012 at 05:40 AM..
Old 31st March 2012, 05:41 AM

squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

where is the content from ? too lazy to check for myself
Old 31st March 2012, 05:45 AM

http://www.dms11.vort1.net/Sample-Sites.htm

http://vortaldemo.com/

http://sitebuilder.trafficmedia.com/

http://sitebuilder.trafficmedia.com/AboutUs.aspx scroll down to sign up for free trial

Last edited by DktoInc; 31st March 2012 at 05:46 AM..
Old 31st March 2012, 05:54 AM

I meant to ask where was the automated sites' content from. How is it generated, or where is it taken from.
Old 31st March 2012, 06:39 AM

you provide the content. this is more like a template builder, you can build desired templates with your content by dragging ,dropping and editing with features provided by them. create all pages, then publish it to server or store it on your machine for more editing in DW.

the good thing about this is that it looks like you can also build features in the any CMS. so basically makes the job of 5 people into 1 person team. not bad. but i still preffer to have software on my computer in case i have no access to internet.

Last edited by DktoInc; 31st March 2012 at 06:45 AM..
Old 31st March 2012, 02:36 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, just cannot get passed those mental images of Spiced Ham Fritters which are a throw back from the Korean War.
Old 31st March 2012, 03:02 PM
Premium User

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

Are there any disadvantages to investing time in creating sites with this software? If the service is discontinued, I still have the source code that I can continue to use, right?

Last edited by Kent99; 31st March 2012 at 03:07 PM..
Old 31st March 2012, 03:06 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Website builders with drag and drop have been around since I believe the late 90s, definitely early 2000s. I feel like I just took a time machine.

If this innovative product interests anyone check this out!

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...dows-98-update
Old 31st March 2012, 03:24 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

"Automatic Website Building Technology"

This is a story for DNJ for 2012? Wow, and I thought we were in bad shape.

Seems the ascii clan are grasping at anything that "seems" to make more money regardless of how outdated a technology is. I guess that's what happens when you hit peak penetration. The growth is in IDN not ASCII too bad they can't see it.

Doesn't google seek out automated sites and drop them from the serps or at the very least punish their rankings?

Last edited by sarcle; 31st March 2012 at 03:25 PM..
Old 31st March 2012, 05:08 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Are we in 1999?

One drag and drop and a beautiful graphic header stretches across the page. Another drag and drop places an article related to the domain name on the canvas. Another instantly installs a relevant video. Within a minute he had produced a rich content filled home page by moving elements around the page with one finger.

Google loves this!

One drag and drop and a beautiful graphic footprint* stretches across the page. Another drag and drop places an spamdex article* related to the domain name on the canvas. Another instantly installs a spamdex relevant video*. Within a minute he had completely doomed this domain with spam content filled home page by moving elements around the page with one finger.

1* Google recognizes your page as auto generated, let's crawl it with that in mind..
2* Gotcha! Google deindexes your page.
3* That's it, Google bans your domain.

And you wonder why these people don't get it?

Much better solution: install wordpress and buy 5 LSI articles. Total cost = $30. (including WP install and config)
Old 31st March 2012, 05:17 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
Much better solution: install wordpress and buy 5 LSI articles. Total cost = $30. (including WP install and config)
I agree. Any suggestions on where to buy relevant Google-friendly articles in the major IDN languages (Russian, Chinese, Japanese, etc)?

Avtal
Old 31st March 2012, 06:00 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
I agree. Any suggestions on where to buy relevant Google-friendly articles in the major IDN languages (Russian, Chinese, Japanese, etc)?

Avtal
Yes, Fiverr.
Old 31st March 2012, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
Doesn't google seek out automated sites and drop them from the serps or at the very least punish their rankings?
Bingo.

Been there, done that, living through the extreme revenue drop.
Old 31st March 2012, 09:14 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Yes, Fiverr.
Thanks, looks interesting! Have you tried them?

Avtal
Old 31st March 2012, 09:45 PM
Veteran

I did.
Old 31st March 2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I did.
And??

What language? Were you happy with the results? Was there a particular person you can recommend?

Avtal