IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2012, 06:10 PM

sprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this point
ElliotsBlog: New IDN Article

Here is a guest post we did for ElliotsBlog:

http://www.elliotsblog.com/guest-pos...ed-market-9379
Old 3rd April 2012, 07:23 PM
Premium User

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all
Re: ElliotsBlog: New IDN Article

whose names are for sale on idntools, if I may ask ?
Old 3rd April 2012, 07:43 PM

sprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this pointsprewellpj is an unknown quantity at this point

Right now we are still bug-testing and troubleshooting, so the domains are mostly our own.

Once we've cleaned things up, we'll open listings up to the public.
Old 3rd April 2012, 07:51 PM
Premium User

squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Oh, that's interesting. So you're aiming at becoming the Sedo of IDNs ( :D ) ?

I was under the impression that once out of beta you'd open the listings for IDN Newsletter clients only, or something like that (i.e. pick and choose the domains that are priced to sell and for which there is demand)
Old 3rd April 2012, 08:40 PM

Well, I said that we'll then open it up to the public, but I'm not ruling out the concept of filtering the submissions so that scammers/low quality/overpriced names are not on our site.

What do you think we should do?
Old 4th April 2012, 12:12 AM
Premium User

No idea really, I guess you should just go with what you think is best and adjust as you go.
Old 4th April 2012, 01:39 AM

o.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enough

I don’t know what kind of resources you have for translation but if we could put together a nice pool of volunteer native “initial certifiers” here, that should help you a lot I think for the initial filtering if there are many submissions. Then you can go to whoever you think of as your “official” certifier with your target list.

I mean, everybody will benefit at some point from a reliable market place and the awareness it may bring so I am guessing it won’t be that hard to put together volunteers, right? At least until we have a good size initial list to get the ball rolling?

Anyway, my native language is not exactly top 5 but count me in if you need that kind of help.
Old 4th April 2012, 01:42 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.c. View Post
I don’t know what kind of resources you have for translation but if we could put together a nice pool of volunteer native “initial certifiers” here, that should help you a lot I think for the initial filtering if there are many submissions. Then you can go to whoever you think of as your “official” certifier with your target list.

I mean, everybody will benefit at some point from a reliable market place and the awareness it may bring so I am guessing it won’t be that hard to put together volunteers, right? At least until we have a good size initial list to get the ball rolling?

Anyway, my native language is not exactly top 5 but count me in if you need that kind of help.
Seems people in here don't trust native speakers: http://www.idnforums.com/forums/3117...-arabic-2.html
Old 4th April 2012, 02:10 AM

@o.c. - Thanks for the very helpful offer. Trusted native volunteers would be greatly appreciated as we start to process a greater volume of submissions.
Old 4th April 2012, 03:13 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: ElliotsBlog: New IDN Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprewellpj View Post
@o.c. - Thanks for the very helpful offer. Trusted native volunteers would be greatly appreciated as we start to process a greater volume of submissions.

Good luck with the relaunch, very much needed platform for IDN sales after what has been happening recently. Needs to be distanced from the likes of Sedo and their total lack of quality control.

I am a native Suffolkian with a basic knowledge of English if that helps! :D
Old 4th April 2012, 05:02 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Volunteers? Only birds sing for free.
Old 4th April 2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
@blast - , I have to remember that one.
Old 4th April 2012, 08:14 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 4th April 2012 at 09:13 AM..
Old 4th April 2012, 03:05 PM

o.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enougho.c. will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
Sorry, 2 other people already volunteered for Molvanian.
Old 5th April 2012, 05:34 PM

IdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: ElliotsBlog: New IDN Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprewellpj View Post
Right now we are still bug-testing and troubleshooting, so the domains are mostly our own.

Once we've cleaned things up, we'll open listings up to the public.
Just out of curiosity, how do you guys decide on the prices you have set for most domains?
For instance I see тт.com (Russian) set at $15,000 and then дд.com (Russian) at $7,888.

Is there any math involved in your calculations or is it simply based on what you guys believe it is worth in the IDN market or based on previous sales of 2 char cyrillics?

Cheers.
Old 5th April 2012, 05:47 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdnHost View Post
Just out of curiosity, how do you guys decide on the prices you have set for most domains?
For instance I see тт.com (Russian) set at $15,000 and then дд.com (Russian) at $7,888.

Is there any math involved in your calculations or is it simply based on what you guys believe it is worth in the IDN market or based on previous sales of 2 char cyrillics?

Cheers.
тт.com
Old 5th April 2012, 06:06 PM

IdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
care to explain please? thanks.
Old 5th April 2012, 06:09 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: ElliotsBlog: Newrussian gun IDN Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdnHost View Post
care to explain please? thanks.
тт is a famous russian gun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TT_pistol
Old 5th April 2012, 06:12 PM

At the same token I am quite surprised (in a good way of course) that so many of the 1 word generic .org domains on idntools are listed for x,xxx - xx,xxx dollars. Makes everyone elses .org domains look pretty. Best of luck with the sales.
Old 5th April 2012, 06:14 PM

Re: ElliotsBlog: Newrussian gun IDN Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
тт is a famous russian gun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TT_pistol
Really, I honestly did not know that. Makes sense.