IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > Sedo

Sedo For discussion of Sedo's parking program.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th April 2012, 11:58 AM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation New Sedo IDN warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedo
Please note that even if the signs in this domain name appear like regular signs, the domain can only be reached by typing in: XN--blablabla.COM.
Needless to say it's utterly wrong.

Hate to say it but that's pretty much what I predicted.
Old 18th April 2012, 12:16 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all
Re: New Sedo IDN warning

How clueless. And they are in the business of selling domains ??? WTF.
Old 18th April 2012, 12:39 PM

IdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished road

lol!!
Old 18th April 2012, 01:05 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

It can get worst...
Old 18th April 2012, 05:55 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

Which is why they are pretty much unmarketable at the moment.

But what if some buyers suddenly deluded themselves into thinking that you could simply type in native characters on a native keyboard? You know a bit like tens of thousands are already doing every day.
Old 18th April 2012, 10:37 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Who is Sedo to determine if the "signs" are regular?
Old 18th April 2012, 10:38 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
It can get worst...
Thanks to you for alerting Sedo.
Old 18th April 2012, 11:24 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I guess that's what comes of it.

Last edited by bumblebee man; 18th April 2012 at 11:59 PM..
Old 19th April 2012, 12:38 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Instead of complaining that it is wrong on the thread here why not try telling Sedo it is wrong and what should be showing?

The recent plague of ASCII looking IDN has reduced dramatically on both the auction (now only 3 from a dozen or more per week recently) and the featured domains are down from over 30 to 1!) so something has happened,perhaps they have listened a little?

If you guys don't want to try post what would you like to see on IDN descriptions at Sedo that would satisfy the members here and be generally fair and I will give it a go to get through?
Old 19th April 2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot View Post
Instead of complaining that it is wrong on the thread here why not try telling Sedo it is wrong and what should be showing?
That's what I'm doing now and that's why I'm pissed off.

Quote:
The recent plague of ASCII looking IDN has reduced dramatically on both the auction (now only 3 from a dozen or more per week recently) and the featured domains are down from over 30 to 1!) so something has happened,perhaps they have listened a little?
Yes, that's nice. I don't like the price we are paying for that however.

Was it predictable? Yes

Are we better off now?
Well, answer that for yourself.

Quote:
If you guys don't want to try post what would you like to see on IDN descriptions at Sedo that would satisfy the members here and be generally fair and I will give it a go to get through?
I'm working on a complaint letter. I'll shoot you a PM shortly.
Old 19th April 2012, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
This is the company that doesn't even show it's "closing soon" auctions on it's home page, preferring to push it's "featured domains" and "featured auctions"?

They've proved time and time again that they're not interested in listening.

The opposite to what Namedrive used to be like.
Old 20th April 2012, 10:24 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

http://monikerblog.com/?p=586

Tweets allowed,in fact encouraged!
Old 20th April 2012, 04:15 PM

squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

done.
Old 20th April 2012, 07:29 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/Sedo/statuses/193418433038262272
Old 21st April 2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Didn't take long did it.
Old 21st April 2012, 08:11 AM

well done, thx lads

Last edited by bumblebee man; 21st April 2012 at 08:43 AM..
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:35 AM

A new new warning/description.

http://www.sedo.co.uk/search/details...xn--80a6aa.com
Old 23rd April 2012, 09:10 AM

** This domain contains special non-English characters (i.e. "ä","ö","ü","á","é", "í") and is an Internationalized Domain (IDN). Please note that even if the signs in this domain name appear like regular signs, the domain may not be always reachable by typing in the name, due to browser limitations on IDN names and user setup. The domain can be reached by typing in: XN--80A6AA.COM.
Old 23rd April 2012, 09:47 AM

Ben has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura about

Not perfect, but it's better than it was, and at least they are listening. Strange they make grammar errors like "i.e." instead of "e.g.," and capitalizing "Internationalized Domain". Not to mention "signs" instead of "characters".
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:15 AM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Somewhat strange warning for non-latin IDNs. SEDO should say something like, some latin IDNs are designed to look like proper English words....