IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2012, 07:38 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road
新北市.net

新北市.net (New Taipeh City)

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%96%...8C%97%E5%B8%82
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Taipei

7 million people, biggest city in taiwan.

it gets 12k exact searches with google mostly from taiwan.

taiwan doesn't use baidu they have 50% google/50% yahoo according to statscounter.

so it would be ~20k exact.

what worries me that the city name with 市(city) is not the prime term which would be "new taipeh" in theory.

i found that chinese city names with the 市(city) - the more official but less used form - get far less exact searches than the city name alone.

Strangely this one gets far more exact searches than "new taipeh".

maybe because the city was renamed from Taipei County to New Taipeh City in 2010 and this has created some buzz and people are now searching for the official name,i don't know.

so what do you think? Is this something worth keeping or a candidate for pending delete?
Old 25th April 2012, 03:14 PM

Jay is on a distinguished roadJay is on a distinguished roadJay is on a distinguished roadJay is on a distinguished roadJay is on a distinguished roadJay is on a distinguished road
Re: 新北市.net

If it was mine I'd keep it. But since it's not mine I'd say sell it to me for $10
Old 26th April 2012, 04:00 AM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IDNer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
If it was mine I'd keep it. But since it's not mine I'd say sell it to me for $10
It's a good idea :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
新北市.net (New Taipeh City)

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%96%...8C%97%E5%B8%82
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Taipei

7 million people, biggest city in taiwan.

it gets 12k exact searches with google mostly from taiwan.

taiwan doesn't use baidu they have 50% google/50% yahoo according to statscounter.

so it would be ~20k exact.

what worries me that the city name with 市(city) is not the prime term which would be "new taipeh" in theory.

i found that chinese city names with the 市(city) - the more official but less used form - get far less exact searches than the city name alone.

Strangely this one gets far more exact searches than "new taipeh".

maybe because the city was renamed from Taipei County to New Taipeh City in 2010 and this has created some buzz and people are now searching for the official name,i don't know.

so what do you think? Is this something worth keeping or a candidate for pending delete?
The value of 東京.net is better than 東京市.net, and
the value of 台北.com is better than 台北市.com, and
the value of 南京.org is better than 南京市.org

That's no doubt about it.

As '新北市' still was a new city name, quite a fresh name, so most of the people use '新北市' as the search term on google at moment. and I believe that people will call '新北' on the conversations probably 1 or 2 year later -
when they feel much familiar with '新北' this 'new city name'
Old 26th April 2012, 06:28 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

I want to buy 南京.org
Old 26th April 2012, 06:34 AM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits View Post
I want to buy 南京.org

Mark is the original owner
Old 26th April 2012, 06:43 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

are large .org city names (prime term) worth something?
Old 26th April 2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
are large .org city names (prime term) worth something?

Who knows,
Beauty really is in the eyes of the beholder ~

Last edited by IDNer; 26th April 2012 at 07:07 AM..
Old 26th April 2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNer View Post
It's a good idea :p

The value of 東京.net is better than 東京市.net, and
the value of 台北.com is better than 台北市.com, and
the value of 南京.org is better than 南京市.org

That's no doubt about it.

As '新北市' still was a new city name, quite a fresh name, so most of the people use '新北市' as the search term on google at moment. and I believe that people will call '新北' on the conversations probably 1 or 2 year later -
when they feel much familiar with '新北' this 'new city name'

But, how do you guys valuate -

新北市.net V.S. 新北市.org

I personal think that dot ORG extension is a little be better (match) than dot NET
Old 26th April 2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I personal think that dot ORG extension is a little be better (match) than dot NET
I don't know.

I registered 哈尔滨.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbin

Last edited by 123; 26th April 2012 at 07:10 AM..
Old 26th April 2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
I don't know.

I registered 哈尔滨.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbin

Oh yeah,

so, 哈尔滨.org VS 新北市.net -

which one you like the most?
Old 26th April 2012, 12:10 PM

well if 新北市.net isn't the prime term i prefer 哈尔滨.org despite being an org

the only reason why i picked this up was that it gets a lot of exact searches and is also a huge city.

Last edited by 123; 26th April 2012 at 12:17 PM..
Old 26th April 2012, 12:12 PM

Ben has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura about

I recently sold a Japanese city .net to a native for $200. It was the version without the "市", the version with the "市" was available to hand reg, so I picked it up...

So don't know if it's the same with Chinese, but I think the .net without "市" is good.
Old 26th April 2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
So don't know if it's the same with Chinese, but I think the .net without "市" is good.
without the 市 they usually get far more searches.
Old 26th April 2012, 02:14 PM

Jay is on a distinguished roadJay is on a distinguished roadJay is on a distinguished roadJay is on a distinguished roadJay is on a distinguished roadJay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
without the 市 they usually get far more searches.
Not always the case in Japan. Take for example 北杜市 (Hokuto city). It gets 6600 exact searches, while 北杜 gets only 390.
Old 26th April 2012, 03:25 PM

I search "北杜市" in Google - about 9,030,000 search results
and "北杜" - about 9,430,000 search results

got the different results?
Old 26th April 2012, 03:38 PM

Use the Google Keywords Tool and select the 'exact' option. That shows what people are actually typing in, as opposed to website search results.
Old 26th April 2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNer View Post
I search "北杜市" in Google - about 9,030,000 search results
and "北杜" - about 9,430,000 search results

got the different results?
no, as jay said. i didn't mean google search results, i meant google exact searches in the adwords keyword tool.(around 12000)
Old 26th April 2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
no, as jay said. i didn't mean google search results, i meant google exact searches in the adwords keyword tool.(around 12000)
I see, thanks -
Old 28th April 2012, 11:52 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Native Japanese speakers have given opinion that when you write a city name having the shi 市 on the end is proper....that being said, I think there is more value without the shi for domainers....not necessarily for all end users. I think it is the best is to have both versions and the .net too and eliminate all competition.

Nice thing about Japanese and Chinese geos is the .jp and .cn are reserved, so .com should have top value. Surprises me more natives are not shopping for idn city names for development....with exception of Arabic which we get a few lowball inquiries each month.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 29th April 2012 at 01:45 PM..
Old 29th April 2012, 03:42 AM

i PMed a chinese native speaker (seesawgame) and asked him and he stated that he would prefer the ones without the city sign.

I hope it's OK for seesawgame if i post his reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesawgame
I prefer city name without 市 (city). city with 市(city) use on public administration and post mail, but people like say city without 市(city).
I would be nice if other native speakers: japanese and chinese could comment on this.

Last edited by 123; 29th April 2012 at 03:43 AM..